“Very relaxing holiday”

Sunprime Coral Suites
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Myself, husband and two other couples have just returned this morning from this hotel. We were all very impressed with the cleanliness, food, service (all staff are really pleasant and helpful) and the rooms were very modern and bright. We stayed all inclusive and I would recommend this as the food was very nice every day (one of our party is a very fussy eater but she enjoyed her meals every day)! During our weeks stay we had a Mexican night, barbecue night, Chinese night and Spanish night and the food was varied and tasty at all of these.

The only critisism we can come up with as a group is the shower facilities on our last day as the hotel was fully booked and we could not have a room for an extra few hours until our flight. The shower facilities were very basic (four mixed cubicles) with nowhere to hang towels or clothes and no socket for a hairdryer but this is the only real complaint we had.

We arrived home in the early hours of this morning and are already pricing to return next April.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms overlooking the front as there is some road noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sharron M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel was fantastic. We arrived earlier than the check in time and were allowed to check in straight away. The food was varied with 5 of the 7 days of our stay being themed nights and always well stocked and warm enough. We went all inclusive and certainly got our moneys worth.
We had a problem with our room on the first night, and needed to be moved on the 2nd day. We got moved to a pool side room with the added bonus of air con as the hotel have just begun installing it. It certainly made a difference.
Entertainment was also good, there was something on most nights and the strip wasn't far away to walk to on the days that there wasn't.
The staff were absolutely lovely and friendly and always said hello if you were passing.
They helped in booking trips out as all of the guide books were in different languages.
We didn't have a problem with getting sun beds around the pool as when we stayed there always seemed to be some free.
We spent a lot of time in and around the hotel, as we were on holiday to relax and thought it was fantastic. I loved the Ikea feel of the place which made it stand out for me when searching for accommodation.
I think the hotel have really listened to the feedback on here to do with food, entertainment, music (in the restaurant and sun deck) and the air con and have made positive changes, we would return for definite, I never wanted to leave!
Thank you to the hotel staff for making my holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room as the noise out on the street is non stop!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura B
Reviewed September 15, 2011

have just returned from 10 night stay. We were only concerned before we travelled with the mention of no air-con, however having lived in the canaries for 6 years previously I knew that september evenings would be cooler, and we also able have a fan from reception obtained free of charge on the 2nd day. i do believe however that they are making the way around all rooms installing air con, as some relevant holes appeared above the door into the bedroom half way through our stay! We found the food good for, a good selection although not massive compared some previous hotels we have been in, however compared to others hotels it is quiet small. Also guests range from self catering - all inclusive. We were extremely pleased that we had decided to go all inclusive as we only paid an extra £80 each for the 10 nights compared to the half board price when we booked with our agent. We would have spent that each over 3 days od drinks and snacks.
plenty of choice of drink (local spirits and 4 cocktails) and wine and sangria. this was more than enough from us.
dissapointed that most people reserving sunbeds everyday were the brits!!! in the same spot every day, thats fine if you reserve your bed, go for breakfast and then use your bed for the day bythe pool, but reserving a bed in prime sun spot at 8am, and coming back after a day out to use it at 3pm is just unfair on others.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would defintately return to this hotel due to food.drinks and location central to everything.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I took a gamble with this one seeing a few negative responses on here and not knowing the hotel but I was very pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in many hotels in Tenerife over the years and this one for the price was wonderful. The bedroom was very modern, well decorated and well mainainted. There was a TV with BBC, ITV and BBC News but I was actually on holiday so really did not need a multitude of UK channels. The room has a separate little kitchen with a microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee maker fridge etc and whilst I was half board it made it easy if I fancy making myself a sandwich or light lunch or a cuppa when I got up. The bathroom was also lovely with a large walk in shower with a large shower heads, I think they call them rainshower head. There was also a proper hairdryer, iron and ironing board in the room. The room came complete with a towel for the pool. I do acknowledge the rooms are warm but I chose to go to Tenerife in September, if I wanted a cooler climate I could on gone laterin the year. Someone on here referenced a fan which was bizarre as all rooms had aircon. I admit this had to hired for the week but this is common practice for this price. Negatives are the price for the room safe, yes 15 euros are high but you make the decision whether you want it. Another point is that if you need a replacement towel for the pool you are charged 2.50 euros. Whilst this was not an issue for my one weeks stay I would like to of thought I could get this replaced for the second week free of charge. Whilst talking about the pool whilst there are signs saying no reserving of sunbeds this does happen and I had to follow the lead of others to ensure I got a decent chair. Dont like doing it but oh well. They had a gym but this seriously needs aircon and my last negative was the price of drinks at the bar, 2.90 Euros for a diet coke in the day time is down right naughty. Taking into account to these negatives I would still recommend this hotel, rooms are good, food is simple and edible with changing themes each night with a nice pool. The spa also does lots of classes and treatments although i never try any except water aerobics which was fun

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank David E
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Great destination to go to! Enjoyed every minute of it!
Location is 7-10 mins walk to the beach at los cristioanos. 5mins to the shops restaurants and some clubs.

-Staff was very helpful and always smiling.

-Food was great and plenty.

-Rooms are nice, comfortable and clean. There is air conditioning in only half of the hotel which is a bit of a trouble at night but if you have your glass of wine before bed you'll sleep like a baby till late breakfast :). They are now laying the pipes for the air conditioning in the rest of the hotel.

-Great people from all age groups, different nationalities which makes it even more interesting for conversations, sharing experiences and making friends. If you're opened to people i guarantee you'll have a great time in the hotel and not only there!

-Special thanks for the guys from the reception and the Karina from the fitness center for the yoga class!

Looking forward to go back. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel was very clean, arrived late and they still got us some food, good service they are all very helpfull. Drinks were good although local brands they were more than strong enough. Some rooms have air con ours didnt got quite warm at night. It was lovely not to have children running around, more entertainment in the evening would make the hotel much better and free WIFI as charging was not ideal. Good holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My 5th visit to Tenerife and each time I try a different hotel.
This time I've chosen an "aparthotel". In comparaison with a regular hotel, you have a large fridge, microwave, kitchenette (forks, knives, plates) at your disposal in case you're hungry and you don't want to eat unhealthy snacks. For the rest no real difference with a hotel, so that's good.
The Hotel is for adults only and that's quite relaxing.
But....there are some buts and advises to give you when booking this hotel.
First of all, I would strongly adivse that you pay the small supplement for a room with pool viwe, so that you don't hear the cars/noise on the streets. Second, I would recommend not to take the all-inclusive as the food appears to be frustration number 1 when I looked at the comments that fellow tourists wrote down on the evaluation forms that you can almost read when standing at the reception.
Internet costs 29 € for 1 week and is quite slow in the rooms (Wifi). Safe costs 21 € of which 6 € is deposit. But don't forget to hand in the receipt or they don't gave it back to you. Explaining that if I had received the key, I have paid, didn't help.
And everything to be paid upfront.
Changing towels for the pool cost 2.5 € !?
The Hotel is situated close to everything and just far enough from the very noisy bars.
I've stayed in better hotels in playa de las americas but it's OK since you don't spend much of the time in your room anyway.
Oh yes, no or almost no airco..but the wind cools off sufficiently if you have the right room (meaning without the sun on it in the afternoon)
Hope you found this review useful
So OK, if you have the right expectations

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple