I stayed here with my boyfriend from 19th- 26th July 2013 on an all inclusive basis. We booked through Thomas Cook.
Firstly I will start with my one negative which echoes that of many other reviews. The reserving of sun loungers is a bit of a joke. There are plenty around the pools but people put down towels stupidly early. One morning we went down tot he pool at 10:00am and already they were all taken yet there was hardly anyone actually using them or the pools. This was a daily occurrence. On one occasion when we managed to get sun loungers I noticed there were several nearby that had no one use them all day yet they had towels reserving them.
Apart from that I shall now focus on all the positives that made up for the one negative. We were on the 8th floor with a road side view which didn't bother me at all as the view across to Mount Teide was stunning. The rooms were basic but very clean. The bed was firm but this didn't bother me. Extra pillows and mattress toppers are available though if you wanted them. You could not fault the maids who seemed to be cleaning constantly throughout the day. Our beds were made every day and we were given clean towels on at least two occasions.
The food choice was vast. I am lactose intolerant so was a bit concerned before arriving as to what I would be able to have but I was spoilt for choice. There are a range of milk alternatives for breakfast although I found the soya milk was too sweet so only had cereal once and had cooked breakfasts instead. Breakfasts consisted of a range of cereals, hot food such as eggs, bacon and sausages, meats and hams and lots of breads and croissants. At lunch and evenings there was also a wide range of fresh salad. I did notice pasta, chips and pizza were served every night but then there was a range of other foods available including steaks, burgers, seafood and pork to name but a few. The odd review I have read where people have said the food was repetitive I have no idea why they thought that as I found something different every day. For dessert there was plenty of fresh fruit and mini desserts so you could sample several - although none were suitable for me except the occasional jelly- along with ice creams. Being all inclusive snacks were available between meals which seemed to be a continental breakfast selection before lunch from the room by the bar or burgers and chips from the outside area. After lunch the room by the bar served baguettes with various fillings, fruit, cakes and ice cream.
The entertainment team work really hard during the day providing activities which included bowling, darts, archery, aqua fit and aqua bikes. Aqua bikes is the only one I tried and would recommend. It was a half hour session on an exercise bike in the pool. Great fun!
The evening entertainment we saw was all outdoors although there is a bar that has a live singer inside the hotel. Outside the entertainment was provided by professional companies on some nights which included an eagle show, a parrot show, three tenors (who were fantastic), a magician and a trio who performed 50s style music. We also had three shows by the hotel entertainment team who all worked really hard. Yes it was cheesy but what do you expect? The team all have specialties that lie outside of performing so they really do their best. They do need microphones though as during the Mama Mia and comedy shows you couldn't hear them. Each night of entertainment started at 8.30 with a kids mini disco before the main show at 9.30. Seats were hard to get after about 8.15. The kids disco will also drive you mad as it's the same songs in the same order every day for half an hour! You will soon know them all.
Two of the main pools are quite deep at 1.5 metres throughout so I was unable to touch the floor. The third pool (see photos) had steps into it so you could relax on them if you didn't want to swim. This pool was also where the activities were held but there was still space to swim even while they were happening.
The outside bar served a variety of drinks and these were changed part way through the week when a new menu was released. The cocktails (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were really nice. The only downside is that they come from a machine rather than being made fresh. The Bahia (non-alcoholic) and Iberostar (alcoholic) were my favourites and would recommend trying.
If, like us, you book through a package holiday DO NOT book excursions through the rep. We went to our welcome meeting where Thomas Cook wanted to charge 54 Euros each for a bus and entry to Loro Parque. We later found a small excusions company in Puerto Colon by the beach (about 10-15 min walk from the hotel) who only charged 40 Euros each for the same trip.
If you require any extras there is a small shopping centre opposite the hotel with a supermarket and plenty of gift shops. The beach is a 10 minute walk down a steep hill where again there are plenty of shops and restaurants. The harbour at Puerto Colon is where all the dolphin and whale trips go from.
We booked to go on a 2 hour trip with Royal Delphin where we saw whales and dolphins. We also did Siam Park (33 Euros each which we booked online from the UK in advance) and Loro Parque as mentioned above. I have written separate reviews for these.
Overall I loved my first experience of all inclusive. Las Dalias, I felt, had an excellent staff team and the overall hotel was excellent. I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s all inclusive at the IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel, from the smiles on your children’s faces as they leave the Miniclub to the delight of stretching out and sunbathing on the sun deck loungers. And let’s not forget the best Canary Island cuisine together with flavours from around the world served at your table. Now it’s your turn. Choose your all inclusive hotel for families in south Tenerife and all you need to worry about is having fun. Space for everyone. From Double rooms with sea views for a wonderful stay with your partner to spacious interconnecting family rooms so you can keep an eye on the kids, we have the perfect room for all guests. Non-stop adventures for children. From inflatable slides at the pool, foam parties, dancing in the minidisco and contests of all kinds, the little ones can let their imagination run wild while they have a blast! A break for mum and dads. While your children have fun, you can melt away stress with an aromatic massage, pamper yourself with an afternoon at the hairdresser’s or show off your skills with a game of pool. Fancy a romantic dinner? Your wish is granted. Find the time for some intimacy during your holidays in Tenerife with our babysitting service. You want it, you’ve got it. Make the most of the restaurants at the IBEROSTAR Las Dalias with our all inclusive accommodation. See how the chefs cook your favourite dishes before your eyes or discover the secrets of the local, national and international cuisine at each meal. Truly delicious! Holidays at sea. If you love crystal-clear water and golden sand, you’ll find it hard to leave Playa de las Americas. You won’t find a better place for admiring sunsets from the shore, enjoying infinite swims in the sea and helping the kids to build incredible sandcastles. Family trips. The best water park in Tenerife is just 5 minutes from the hotel and is a world of fun for children. Don’t miss an excursion to the top of Mount Teide, exploring the coast of the Canary Islands while scuba diving or taking a relaxing ride on a catamaran. 365 days of sunshine. The Canary Islands boast average temperatures of 22ºC throughout the year. Take advantage by relaxing in the whirlpool bath, cooling down in the pools at this hotel in Costa Adeje, or sipping a chilled mojito in the pool area while soaking up the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Las Dalias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Las Dalias Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Iberostar Hotel Las Dalias
- Las Dalias Iberostar
- Iberostar Las Dalias Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas