“Excellent value for money”

Iberostar Las Dalias
GreenLeadersGold level
England
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend from 19th- 26th July 2013 on an all inclusive basis. We booked through Thomas Cook.

Firstly I will start with my one negative which echoes that of many other reviews. The reserving of sun loungers is a bit of a joke. There are plenty around the pools but people put down towels stupidly early. One morning we went down tot he pool at 10:00am and already they were all taken yet there was hardly anyone actually using them or the pools. This was a daily occurrence. On one occasion when we managed to get sun loungers I noticed there were several nearby that had no one use them all day yet they had towels reserving them.

Apart from that I shall now focus on all the positives that made up for the one negative. We were on the 8th floor with a road side view which didn't bother me at all as the view across to Mount Teide was stunning. The rooms were basic but very clean. The bed was firm but this didn't bother me. Extra pillows and mattress toppers are available though if you wanted them. You could not fault the maids who seemed to be cleaning constantly throughout the day. Our beds were made every day and we were given clean towels on at least two occasions.

The food choice was vast. I am lactose intolerant so was a bit concerned before arriving as to what I would be able to have but I was spoilt for choice. There are a range of milk alternatives for breakfast although I found the soya milk was too sweet so only had cereal once and had cooked breakfasts instead. Breakfasts consisted of a range of cereals, hot food such as eggs, bacon and sausages, meats and hams and lots of breads and croissants. At lunch and evenings there was also a wide range of fresh salad. I did notice pasta, chips and pizza were served every night but then there was a range of other foods available including steaks, burgers, seafood and pork to name but a few. The odd review I have read where people have said the food was repetitive I have no idea why they thought that as I found something different every day. For dessert there was plenty of fresh fruit and mini desserts so you could sample several - although none were suitable for me except the occasional jelly- along with ice creams. Being all inclusive snacks were available between meals which seemed to be a continental breakfast selection before lunch from the room by the bar or burgers and chips from the outside area. After lunch the room by the bar served baguettes with various fillings, fruit, cakes and ice cream.

The entertainment team work really hard during the day providing activities which included bowling, darts, archery, aqua fit and aqua bikes. Aqua bikes is the only one I tried and would recommend. It was a half hour session on an exercise bike in the pool. Great fun!

The evening entertainment we saw was all outdoors although there is a bar that has a live singer inside the hotel. Outside the entertainment was provided by professional companies on some nights which included an eagle show, a parrot show, three tenors (who were fantastic), a magician and a trio who performed 50s style music. We also had three shows by the hotel entertainment team who all worked really hard. Yes it was cheesy but what do you expect? The team all have specialties that lie outside of performing so they really do their best. They do need microphones though as during the Mama Mia and comedy shows you couldn't hear them. Each night of entertainment started at 8.30 with a kids mini disco before the main show at 9.30. Seats were hard to get after about 8.15. The kids disco will also drive you mad as it's the same songs in the same order every day for half an hour! You will soon know them all.

Two of the main pools are quite deep at 1.5 metres throughout so I was unable to touch the floor. The third pool (see photos) had steps into it so you could relax on them if you didn't want to swim. This pool was also where the activities were held but there was still space to swim even while they were happening.

The outside bar served a variety of drinks and these were changed part way through the week when a new menu was released. The cocktails (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were really nice. The only downside is that they come from a machine rather than being made fresh. The Bahia (non-alcoholic) and Iberostar (alcoholic) were my favourites and would recommend trying.

If, like us, you book through a package holiday DO NOT book excursions through the rep. We went to our welcome meeting where Thomas Cook wanted to charge 54 Euros each for a bus and entry to Loro Parque. We later found a small excusions company in Puerto Colon by the beach (about 10-15 min walk from the hotel) who only charged 40 Euros each for the same trip.

If you require any extras there is a small shopping centre opposite the hotel with a supermarket and plenty of gift shops. The beach is a 10 minute walk down a steep hill where again there are plenty of shops and restaurants. The harbour at Puerto Colon is where all the dolphin and whale trips go from.

We booked to go on a 2 hour trip with Royal Delphin where we saw whales and dolphins. We also did Siam Park (33 Euros each which we booked online from the UK in advance) and Loro Parque as mentioned above. I have written separate reviews for these.

Overall I loved my first experience of all inclusive. Las Dalias, I felt, had an excellent staff team and the overall hotel was excellent. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher up for a better view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank steph666t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
glaagow
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ulf have given Pool area Just back from stay at this hotel and won't be back.very dissapointed.we booked ten nights half board and should have went self catering as it is cheaper...on arriving we were givien a room at the back end.of hotel and asked for a change at a cost if 120 euro for a pool view.wish .I wonder if this happens to other guests....I hadn't have bothered now as I should have booked into another hotel .the room clothes doors hanging off and sink clogged with bottle tops .do the cleaners not report back any problem...I know I should have but couldnt be bothered .you can forget about getting a subbed at pool area as there are towels on beds from 7 and a queue to get one .management need to kook at this nonsense as I and others witnessed empty sunbeds wth towels on them for most of morning with no one using them.....entertainment was rubbish as I have heard you could have better at a back street pub in Blackpool.or caravan site...food okay but because you are half board you half to pay for a drink...surely a bottle of water ain't going to break the bank..we ate out a few times and found it better value.I enjoyed Tenerife and the resort but not at las dalias...

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Although we feel very sad to read that your stay at our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias was not as enjoyable as it could have been, we would like to thank you for sharing your observations because this gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests a better service, which ultimately is the goal of IBEROSTAR.

Regarding your room allocation, we are sorry to hear your disappointment, however we would like to point out that the reservation you made through your agency was for a standards room with a request for an upgrade but wasn’t confirmed from our side, as the rooms with pool view are subject to a supplement and were all sold out at the time of your arrival, we strongly suggest for any upcoming holiday with us to contact directly the hotel that you are going to visit in order to ensure an upgrade at time of check in or to do the reservation directly in our call center where we can offer you a personalized booking guidance for you to choose the accommodation that best fits your needs right away.
According to the hotel policies, reserving sunbeds is not allowed. We try our best to ensure the following of this standard, especially during the high season where this occurs more often and we apologize if during your stay we weren’t able to have a total control on this matter.

Further, we deeply regret your disappointment with our animation and entertainment offer. We will continue doing our best to bring performances which are of good taste and variety as also many amusing activities so that no wishes will be left open.

Last but not least, we thank you for your positive note on our gastronomy offer, as for IBEROSTAR this is one of the most important aspects of the holidays with us, our professional Chefs do their utmost to prepare a wide variety of local and international delights in order to please all palates, we are glad to hear that we could conquer yours; moreover, the information about the drinks not being included in the evening meal is duly reported on our website.
Once again, thank you for your visit; we hope that you had a nice journey back home.
Warmest Regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from this hotel and it wasn't as satisfying as I expected it to be. When we first arrived at the hotel we were offered a drink which was a choice of Champagne or Orange juice. When we arrived in our original room which was 810 it was dark and the room smelt fusty and the view from the balcony was of the motorway which was what we had just left back home. We complained to reception who immediately offered us a different room which was much better. The rooms are dated and the beds are quite hard. The food consisted mainly of fish dishes which was a problem for me as I don't like fish but the pasta did get a bit boring after a while. We had to eat out a couple of nights as the food was also mainly potatoes and salad. At breakfast there was a choice of cereals, fruit, toast, croissants, eggs, bacon, omelette and beans. I didn't like the bacon as it was too fatty and one morning the eggs were slimy. The pool area is far too small for the hotel and we was quite shocked when we arrived as the pool looked bigger in the brochure. We couldn't have a lie in as we had to queue for the sunbeds as there is not enough for the hotel! At 8:30 am there was people including us queuing at the pool area for when they opened it to reserve beds.It's even on You Tube! There were people reserving their sunbeds and not using them which isn't fair for those who want to use sunbeds and end up having to pay to go to the beach. The all inclusive drinks choice was good as was the food as at 12:00-3:00 you could go and get burgers, hot dogs and chips if you didn't want to go to the dining room. Behind the bar you can go and get the free ice-creams, cakes and little rolls which can be taken back to the room. In the reception you can get free wifi for 30 minutes but you can only sign in once a day or you can pay for wifi which means that you can use it in your room which for one week was 20 euros. My daughter found that in certain parts of the reception she couldn't connect to the internet or that the speed was bad. Overall we would say that this hotel is more of a 3 star than a 4 star and that we have stayed at a 4 star Iberostar hotel before and found that to be excellent. We won't be returning for the price that we paid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all we thank you for your second visit to our hotel chain and for choosing our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel this year for a summer holiday with your family. We are also grateful for the time you spent writing a review on your experience as this helps us understand how to improve our daily services to offer great vacation experiences to all our guests.
As you well say, our hotel is not of new construction, however we do our utmost to maintain it at its best, striving to offer comfortable and spotless accommodations to all our guests.
Further we are surprised about your comment on the variety of our Buffet offer as our chefs do their best to prepare a wide choice of local and international dishes ranging from seafood, meats, vegetables, pastas etc. in order to please all palates, it is a pity to hear that we weren’t able to conquer yours.
Related to the sunbeds, unfortunately due to guests reserving the sunbeds at very early hours by putting towels on them and not using them until late in the morning, it has been decided to close the area until 8.30 which is the estimated time for our first guests actually using the sunbeds after breakfast, we are sorry about the inconveniences but lamentably not all guests are equally respectful.
On the other hand, we are grateful for your highlight on the pool snack bar offer and the possibility to have different snacks during the day without any need to leave the pool area.
Once again, many thanks for your visit and for your observations, we hope that you had a nice journey back home and to may welcome you again in our hotels worldwide.
Friendly Regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Not enough sun beds / queing in the morning ,
To get a space at the pool is a joke .
It's even on you tube.
Wi Fi is a rip off .
Coverage and speed very bad.
Grass cutting at 7.15 in the morning
Is a bit much.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Las Dalias, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel for your holidays and for taking the time to write your impressions about your stay as it is our best way to know where we can still improve in our daily services in order to deliver unforgettable vacation experiences to our guests.

Related to the sun beds we do our utmost to avoid that our guests reserve them with towels or personal belongings, as according to the hotel policy this is not allowed. Nevertheless on exceptional occasions, especially in high season, it might happen that we have difficulties to guarantee that none of our visitors reserve them and are sorry if during your stay this must have been the case.

Moreover in our hotel, our guests can benefit of 30 minutes of WI FI for free per day, the additional time or connection in the rooms are on extra charge as reported in our website and brochure.
We are sorry to hear your comment on the gardens’ maintenance as our gardeners are allowed to use the lawnmowers from 10.00 o’clock in the morning and not before in order to preserve our guests’ rest, nevertheless we will pass on your comment to our head of department to ensure that this rule is being respected.
Once again, thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and for your review, we hope that you had a nice journey back home and to may serve you again in the future ensuring you in advance of our utmost caring dedication.
Kindest Regards,
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just Back from the Las Dalias
Absolutely excellent holiday.were greeted with champagne or orange juice and because we were after the restaurant had closed were offered sandwiches too. We were all inclusive for the first time and were a bit apprehensive about the quality. but nothing could have been further from the truth.The quality was outstanding, i was not sure if i was to eat the food or just take pictures as it was so well presented.We went with 25 family members all of which had different likes and everyone was able to pick something different every night. There was also an outside servery where you could have hot rolls and chips etc and the kids loved that. The drink was very good too and served by very friendly waiters to boot. the entertainment staff made the holiday, they were hilarious. The pool was great also. i could go on but i guess you know we loved our holiday. We would definitely go back. we hired a car and drove up Mount Teide its a must. the area had loads to do if you ventured away from the hotel.
My one and only gripe is that people smoke right next to you when you are sitting outside. but thats everywhere in tenerife and not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are a must.
2 Thank 735Scott
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staff are brilliant, friendly and helpful, food is excellent, very clean hotel. The only thing I didn't like were the beds, extremely hard and uncomfortable. Overall I would rate this hotel as brilliant.

1 Thank neil1964_12
chessington
Reviewed July 19, 2013

this was our third visit to this hotel and WAS thinking of planning one for January.
On every visit we have been very satisfied from the time we arrived to the time we departed we could not find any faults but this visit we was a bit disappointed with a few issues these were as follows the rooms was not cleaned as good as they used to be i:e single sheets put width ways on double beds bathroom just seemed to have towels changed and bin emptied nothing else floors were not swept every day we counted 7 times in 15 days bedding was changed maximum of 3 times (I don't know what there policy is) but as it was very hot it would have been nice to have them changed a bit more. we stayed in rooms 234 and 235 what was over the games area and the last week of our stay there was a group of teenagers drinking and shouting and throwing glasses around they was also getting drinks for young underage girls and on a few nights the girls were drunk laying on pool tables.
another problem was as the hotel was getting busier the people started waiting for sunbeds before 8 and we noticed that 15% of these stayed empty with towels on most of day on several days we could not get one at 9.00 so we spent a fortune hiring beds on the beach. (why do people reserve when they are not going to lay on them ??) the last problem was the wi fi we paid over 30 pounds for the two weeks to use it in our room and on 7 of the days the internet was not working properly I was asking reception but they was saying there is a problem and engineers were working on it. I did ask for refund but was fobbed off all the time. don't get me wrong the above did not spoil our holiday at all but its a shame it was not like previous visits one last thing a lot of the staff remembered us from previous visits and came to greet us when they saw us.
the barman Hamid is a great guy and made us feel at home and we had a great laugh with him.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 2nd floor my advise is choose 7th floor as per our previous visits
1 Thank johnnyboy1954
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Iberostar Bouganville Playa
#3 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#20 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to Iberostar Las Dalias? Share your experiences!