“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, UK
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed for a week at the end of May and had a great time. The hotel staff are first class and the food was good with a varied choice. The location is suberb with a taxi rank, shopping centre and local transport all on your doorstep. The hotel was spotless and overall was great value for money.

Room Tip: third floor pool view rooms have an extreme large balcony with table, chairs and sun beds while the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrewLawson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,041)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent 3 days in May 22/24th. Hotel was good, but the room we first booked at a lower price was not! We upgraded to a better room on a higher floor the 7th which had a view over the pool and entertainment area. Staff very helpful and speak most languages.
A small problem we found, was that the reception area was on the 3rd floor, the pool, outside areas and Dining Room were on the 1st floor, so we had to use the lift a lot of the time and there were only 3 of them, so at peak times there was a long wait for the lift.
That apart, food good and plentiful, all buffet style but lots of choice.
There was a standard for dress for the evening meal for men, no shorts or T shirts which we like.
Handy for the beaches and shopping.
We enjoyed it and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night break at this fab hotel! We were a group of 6 adults and 1 baby (17 months old). The selection of food and drink was fab - you can eat and drink from 10am - 12am! With lots of variety included in the AI package, from cocktails to milkshake! And the food had a huge variety from healthy, freshly cooked on the grill to fab desserts!

The entertainment was a mixed bag, some done by external people and others done by the entertainment team. The team worked very hard but wasnt all to my taste (Mamma Mia was good, the comedy show less so!).

The only downside.... beds are hard and had to ask for an additional pillow (no problem here, they delivered one within 20 minutes of request).

It is also worth noting the hotel is at the top of a big hill away from the beach so may not be great for those less able who like to get out and about.

All in all, great week and sad to be home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KirstyL27
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I booked a 9 night stay half board at this hotel through expedia. I had read the reviews on trip advisor which were all fairly good but for the amazing price me and my boyfriend paid I didn't hold my hopes up too high! On arrival we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who offered us champagne and pointed us to our room. We were on the fifth floor so had a lovely view out to sea however couldn't see pool area (advice you to ask for 6th floor up). Bedroom was lovely and clean, nice size, new T.V which was bigger than mine at home! Location was great, you did have to walk back up a hill after visiting the beach which may be a struggle for the elderly.

The entertainment is very cheesy but what do you expect?!! It kept us entertained on a couple of nights and me and my boyfriend are early 20's! The entertainment staff were absolutely brilliant, Antony and Amaury completely made our stay, Iberostar couldn't ask for better staff! On an evening even though we weren't all inclusive they would give out free taster shots/champagne before dinner and on some afternoons they gave out free ice cream t everyone around the pool!

The rooms were cleaned incredibly well, no complaints there and the maids although they didn't speak English were very polite!

Food was great, all you can eat buffets all day and lots of different fresh food and puddings to choose from. They even had a chocolate fountain on the Saturday evening which was definitely to my taste!!

I would 100 per cent recommend and return to this hotel. Thankyou you Iberostar for a lovely stay!!!

All in all I can't compliment this hotel enough. This isn't a 5 star hotel however for the money we paid and the service I would give 5 star rating myself

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hannah J
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just got back from 10 nights here and was excellent,people who moan about the food here are barmy.very good choice always freshly cooked.lovely.
The only thing we had to ask for was an extra pillow which was no problem.
Hotel In good location very good cheap supermarket across the road,taxi rank also across road and only 10min walk to beach,few good local bars near by.
Would defiantly go back here..brilliant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jays56
Barlad, Romania
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to a litlle holiday after Easter, in Tenerife, we were 9 people. We arrived an the airport late in the evening, so we arrive at the hotel at 22 pm. We are 2 rent cars, and we lost us on the way, so I call to the hotel and ask to check-in our friends event the reservation and the card are on me. There is no problem, the guy at the reception-a very nice black man-was very quiqly, in 10 minute we were in our rooms. The hotel is a litlle bit old, but brightness and beautiful. The rooms are a good size and are cleaning every day. The bathroom was big and functional. The food was very good, like anywhere at Iberostar,many dishes to choose, breakfast a little bit repetitive, like anywhere, and the staff very kind and helpfull. The pool was ok, we dont use it, but it was clean and bussy. The bar was fine, no problems, and the drinks was ok. The only thing I did not like was entertainment, was boring and anost, but I thing it is a matter of taste. We have a lovely holiday, and I always recomand Iberostar for everybody. And of course, Tenerife is a wonderfull place to go!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room at a higher level
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank toratora09
staffordshire
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have read a few reviews that say that this hotel has gone down hill since their last visit - All I can say is that it must have been absolutely first class before, because it is pretty damn good as it is now !

To start with the positives :
Food is excellent; Good selection, fresh and hot, with a nice variety each day. We never had a time where we struggled to not find anything we liked, and we were there for 2 weeks.
Drink ; There is a large selection of all inclusive drinks, and the only one we found not included was Jack Daniels which was at an extra cost. Everything else seemed to be free for AI. Waiter service in the evening constantly supplying replacement drinks as soon as your glass is empty (or even half empty)
Entertainment team ; Always something going on. The guys are not pushy in the slightest and do not pressure people to get involved if they do not wish. A special mention to Anthony, Ricky, Colin, Marloes and Amouray.
Kids Club ; Very good and my 5year old loved it ! Special mention to Mellisa and Samantha who entertained the kids and kept them happy. I am quite confident and happy that my son would come straight back to me if he left the club, but I was a bit worried that it seemed that some kids could just come and go....?
Shows ; Some are performed by the entertaiment team (a little cringe worthy at times, but they put in a lot of effort and make them enjoyable) and some outside shows (The Macigian is very good !). We were there for 2 weeks and saw a different show every evening
Location ; Close to the beach, shopping centre, bars and restaurant. 15mins walk to Las Americas (max). Less than 10mins walk to Aqualand (which has had a big investment in the last 12mths) and less than 15mins walk to Siam Park (which I was a little disappointed with considering the price)

A few negatives which prevent me from giving this a 5 star rating...

There was no real entertainment or activites for my 8yr old son. He was a little too old to join in with the mini club, but was too young to join in with the adult activities. This hotel really needs something for 8+ which is a real shame.
Beds were a little hard and only one pillow, but extra ones provided after simply asking at reception
I heard several different families talking about money being stolen from their rooms. I personally did not have anything taken (we had a safe) but due to hearing several families I assume there must be some truth in it....Therefore I would recomend a safe as they are not that expensive at 16.25 week.

All in all, this is a very good hotel which I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.
We will no doubt be back in the future !!!

Thanks to all at Las Dalias

Room Tip: Rooms 323 - 330 have massive balconies facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Smallguy77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Iberostar Bouganville Playa
#5 of 57 in Costa Adeje
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#20 of 57 in Costa Adeje

Been to Iberostar Las Dalias? Share your experiences!