Just returned from the Las Dalias following a one week stay on all-inclusive.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Las Dalias. Just wondering if there are two Hotel Las Dalias's as our experiences do not mirror those who tell you to avoid the place. I have been a travel agent for over 30 years and am well aware of the standards in Spain.
1. The staff. As most people say, staff from the reception, to the entertainment team, to the restaurant, to the bars, to the cleaners and shop staff are the highlight of this hotel. Everyone has time for you and genuinely wants to make a difference. The entertainment teams in all inclusive hotels are usually poor as there is no reason to keep you in consuming the alcohol etc. This hotel can be commended for it's better than average entertainment offered by both "outside" and in-hotel staff. Generally it ends around 10.30/11pm so there is still time to experience other bars etc if required.
2. Food. The hotel put up such a choice of food, all well prepared, that the biggest problem is what to choose. The waiting staff are always quick to clear your plates when you depart for the next course. Our downfall was the assortment of cakes and ice creams which definately contributed to the excess weight on return home!
3. Rooms. Perhaps we were just lucky but we had a good room - 419 - which overlooked the pool and entertainments area. The fridge worked OK - no charge. The air con was noisy if you put it on full tilt but this was not necessary when we were there. We found it easy to cool the room on the second of four settings. Towels changed daily. We used the in-room safe which is an extra charge. On the second day, somehow it managed to block us out so went to reception and within 15 mins a chap came to release it for us without any bother and with a smile on his face. General decoration not spectacular but quite adequate.
4. Pool. It is true that unless you get out at 8.30am, you will not get a bed around a pool. However, that does not mean the whole area is taken. We arrived at various times from 10.30 to 12 midday and always found a choice of beds - though not right next to a pool - no problem. The only criticism here is that although the hotel has 2 pools (and a kids pool) neither of these are safe for non swimmers as the depth is 1.5 metres throughout apart from a small area of lead in steps.
5. Location. Right next to a large shopping centre with many varied shops and a supermarket. There are many entertainment bars nearby which have nightly guest singers and comedians to entertain. We visited the Pheasant Plucker which we can recommend. Many restaurants/bars around for those who do not want all inclusive. Bus stop just below the hotel to take you into Los Cristianos and Las Americas if required.
Summary. Take a look at the number of positive reports against the negative and don't let the odd person's bad revue spoil a good holiday. Just a quick note to Thomas Cook. The flight home was as cramped as I can remember and most uncomfortable. It would be worth paying the £15 extra legroom seat charge if you end up on a Thomas Cook Airways flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Las Dalias hotel is a comprehensive hotel where you can spend an enjoyable holiday in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Every guest will find the kind of relaxation they're searching for within its convivial, family atmosphere. Located 500 metres from Playa del Bobo, the Las Dalias hotel features 429 rooms with excellent facilities, and has services such as a hairdressers, all inclusive option, two pools and a children's pool, live show cooking, Miniclub, Maxiclub, professional shows, free Wi-Fi, children's park, fitness room, sports activities, massage service and top-rate cuisine at two restaurants and three bars. This hotel has also been recognised because of the friendliness and attentiveness of the hotel staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Las Dalias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Las Dalias Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Iberostar Hotel Las Dalias
- Las Dalias Iberostar
- Iberostar Las Dalias Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas