“Very satisfactory”

Las Piramides
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Very satisfactory”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here in March. We had travelled independently to join a perty of 8 other people. All the the other people had booked together and were therefor in the main building of the hotel. My daughter and I were put in a room quite some distance away with long pathways and coridors leading to it. The room was dated, dark and dingy. I complained immediately mostly about the face that we are very different ages and we intendeded to return back at the hotel in the evenings individually as there were 2 age groups in our party. The hotel room was neither inviting or safe for a lone woman to return to late at night. The reception desk told me there were no available rooms and requested my return the following day. I returned and requested again that we were given a more suitable room. My previos request had been recorded and we were given an alternative room without question.

This done we were then ready to enjoy our holiday with our friends. I really cannot fault the hotel in any way. The standard of the second room was perfectly acceptable with daily cleaning and clean towels provided. The food was very impressive for the money that we paid. It was always being replenished and there was a very good choice available. The bar staff worked really hard and were friendly and seemed to be happy to serve you.

Overall we had a great holiday at this hotel we will be returning again next year.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Six of us stayed here for one week from the 12th to the 19th of June 2014, the staff were very helpful every request we had was dealt with quickly, nothing was any trouble. The hotel its self is very tired, could do with a bit of work. The resort was great lots to do and see. One of the biggest complaints from all six of us was the food, it was lukewarm most of the time, if you are the type that likes salads its the place for you, we tried eating at different times to see if it made any difference, it didn't, the food was very much the same most of the time. the beds were ok a little hard but for a week they were fine. what was a big surprise was the size of the rooms quite large with a kitchen area fridge, kettle and utilities, and we were all inclusive, so a cup of tea was a nice thing to have first thing. Pool was fine, there were two large one, and one for the little ones.
the bathrooms were quite small just a shower in the room we had, problem was the shower leaked, when you had one the water filled up in the base and overflowed on to the floor, complained the first day, they sent a repair man out he used a plunger to clear it, said it was ok, it wasn't still leaked, a maid came to clean the water up and left a large towel that was left there all week for when the water leaked, we rang it out every time and put it on the balcony to dry to use the next time. we all said we would go back again but not to the same hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
southampton
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having read some reviews on here there are clearly issues with some rooms however I've stayed here twice and enjoyed a budget long weekend with my friends in the sunshine. Both times I've stayed here the weather has been good for February a couple of cloudy days ...but came home with a nice winter sun tan. And both times had a lovely room.
As for the hotel ....if your looking for luxury fabulous food stunning surroundings with peace and quiet this place us not for you ...but really what do you expect for the amazing prices you can get to stay here??? If your looking for a clean room, food that is good, a central location to get out and about and a fun atmosphere then this place is for you. There's hotels for every experience ...this one for me is that low cost get away in the winter for a few days.
So in summary ... Food - breakfast lovely, lunch and dinner average all inclusive food, if you want to eat out the local restaurants are very reasonable. Pool - hectic in one word round the main pool a little quieter round the children's pool ( I know that makes a change ) the main pool is packed with lots of conversation and fun ( but hey that's why I went on this holiday ) drinks ...plastic cups usual all inclusive but clearly does what it says on the tin ....lots of merry people come mid afternoon. Rooms ...ok first time here I was lucky enough to get a refurbished room which was fab. Before arriving the second time I emailed the hotel and called them the day before to ensure I had one of these rooms, however when I arrived the hotel was fully booked and I was in the old block. I clearly made some noise and I have to say john the manager put himself out and I managed to secure a brand new room on the roof top which is being renovated for next year ....amazing room views of the sea and all las Americas, massive bathroom with wet room - needless to say 5 days for less that £300 in a fab room central location girlie 5 nights in the sun - yes I'd recommend.

Room Tip: Call in advance and request renovated room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank mandy7118
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

were do i begin arrived late evening the bus pulled up and omg thought we been dropped off outside a prison block it didnt get much better the reception area was very dingy and dirty looking our room didnt seem to bad but opened the fridge to put some water in the bottom was all yellow n stained and rusty looked like it had never been cleaned plus side we had loads of hot water when using the shower we went down for breakfast the next morning well what can i say scrambled eggs were like rubber burnt beans reconstituted bacon coffee like dish water the evening meals were even better meatballs with brussel sprouts all mixed together lamb with baked beans sausage salad used from leftover breakfast the food was so bad we had to eat out even though we had paid for food in the hotel need i go on i would not have fed my dog the food provided ere main pool area were dirty hardly ever seen anyone cleaning them fag buts every ware we complained to our thompson rep about the food and other issues complete waste of time her attitude stinks very rude unhelpful we were counting the days down to come home we checked out at 12 in the afternoon we were sat in the lounge waiting for our transfer with other unsatisfied guest when a security guard came up to us and in a very rude an aggressive manner said u go home today 12 o'clock no more food n drink give me your bands which he cut off and threw in the bin we were all made to feel like criminals disgusting is all i can say so gob smacked never have i experienced anything like that in my life at an all inclusive no entertainment round the pool for kids during the day evening entertainment was a joke needless to say we will not be comming back

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank cazza121

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is a nice hote, its in a great location for everything that you need and want to do on a night, the pool has 4 swimming pools which is great! They're quite hard to get to so ask your rep or someone in the hotel who will know, the rooms are a good side, plenty of catering equipment, the all inclusive is good, the drinks are the real thing aswell, like the coca cola is real coca cola, not cheap fake stuff, in the all inclusive there's alot of drinks to choose from, there are free ice cream in the all-inclusive, the people who work there are extremely friendly! the cleaners do a good job, there's a cash machine in the hotel and a supermarket in it aswell which sell all foods and other stuff, BE AWARE if you want wifi in the hotel you have to pay, its 5 euro for 24 hours 10 euros for 3 days and 20 euros for 7 days, if you have or are considering booking this hotel, request for a pool view! don't be fooled by some of the bad reviews on this hotel, its a great nice hotel, me and my sister stayed here for 7 days from the 9th of April 2014, the weather was around 30-36 degrees, its nice warm weather.

Room Tip: get a higher floor with a outside view/pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nat s
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

stayed here last month this was the 2nd visit to this property. it is nicely located near the beach and the shops. pool bar is a bit butlinsy but for a 3 star not bad. still good value for money. would stay again. food is good and staff are exellent.

Room Tip: our balcony didnt get any sun at all which was a bit disappointing so ask for a sunny outlook. othe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank marianr90
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014

went here 8/3/14 with our freinds from bristol thinking we had made a mistake ,after reading reveiws but on arivall it didnt seem as bad,our room wasnt fantastic but it was clean and tidy,beeing very fussy with food i was expecting a lot,but,the food was fine and different meat was served every night and is more for english taste.hotel is in good location and we found plenty of l
local bars including the anchor which was our local,best beach is los cristianos,all in all its a 3 star hotel in need of a makeover,we never got burgled ,never seen a prostitute and had a good time.

Room Tip: baby pool is best for sunbathing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple