“stormy weather”
Review of Las Piramides

Las Piramides
Reviewed March 14, 2013

2 women friends stayed March 2013. Had stayed there a few years ago and had a really nice sunny apt. Not this time!! We were in room 120p. On arrival porter took us down a corridor, up a flight of 6 stairs another corridor , out to an open space, then up a flight of 12 stairs- no offer to assist with luggage just a gruff "no lift", The studio apt was small but had a large balcony. this balcony would have been ideal but there was no sun at any time of day so given the weather we had for a few days, we were left with wet clothes and no sun to dry them out. The lighting in the room was from energy saving bulbs that need to be left on for hours to get any sort of decent light .There was an adjoining door from our apt to the next one(possibly for use as a family room) and we could hear what was been said in the next room.
During the storm , we had difficulty getting from our apt to reception.The corridor and set of 12 stairs outside our apt were swamped with water and made them very dangerous. The staff did there best trying to get the water away and put down mats that then became a triping hazard.
On the worst night of the storm, we ate in the hotel as we were unable to get out- dinner was 12 euro. This incuded a glass of cheap wine- well I can only say, that we were glad we were not half board!!!
Beds were as usual, packed on the few day of sun that we got but this would not have been an issue if we had had any sun on our balcony.
Booked taxi back to airport at reception. Had to pay for it at reception-cost 26 euro and when we got to airport charge on meter was 21 euro!! Now we would have given the driver a 5 euro tip and would not have saved but we would have preferred the tip go to the driver rather than to the hotel.
Despite all the above complaints, we had a great holiday!!

Room Tip: higher floor within the main hotel so that you can get a lift instead of all those steps.
There are newer reviews for Las Piramides

Reviewed March 13, 2013

plenty of people prepared to moan about food etc but you couldnt get a seat in the restaurant for the same people stuffing there face so cant be that bad .....as for entertainment they should book the two guys from glasgow derek n david 7 days a week ..surely the funniest guys in the world a total scream as anyone in the hotel from march 1st would have witnessed ...bit of a lottery room wise ..some rooms are refurbed and comfortable some are rotten ....but all in all a great bunch behind the bars who put in a great shift and always with a smile ...would go back in a minute

Room Tip: try for main building room or u could end up with a hike to the pool
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My mate and I stayed at Las Piramides for 5 nights and overall it was a nice break away in the sunshine.
The Room
Plenty good enough, the beds were actually quite comfy, cleaned everyday and nice and spacious. The only downside was the one night we needed an early night (due to an early flight) as the hotel and surroundings are very loud until 2am each night. Be warned that depending on where your room is, there are a hell of a lot of stairs to drag the suitcases up the first day and last day!!
The Pool
Nice size, music played all day, cleaned every night, plenty of sunbeds if you get up at a reasonable time - not at 12noon like us. Lots of stag and hen dos so they were very loud, but if you are young and up for a laugh this is generally quite amusing.
The Food
This was the main downside to the hotel - I am not a fussy eater and i got so sick of salad and bread after the first 2 days. They seem to have an obsession with salt, even the bolognase tasted purely of salt. Also, the food tended to be barely warm so i stuck to salad, veg, bread and ice cream every day to be on the safe side.
The Drinks
plenty of choice, the usual - I don't think people should moan about plastic cups - to be honest this is not a bad idea considering the large groups which could cause glass on the floor which people would soon be moaning about ay!!
Location
perfect location, 5-10minute walk from the strip, plenty of bars and clubs. The PR's do become extremely irritating and will literally run up to you no joke - I would advise saying that you are not drinking that night as this was the only thing that got them to leave us alone!! Sugareef, Yorkies n Tramps are probably the best music wise and relaxing atmosphere

Overall this holiday was great, a nice relaxing break in the warmth - however I would not have gone all inclusive if i had known the food would be of such poor/ cheap quality.

1  Thank emzone
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Me and a friend were looking for a cheap holiday last September, not really fussed about where and settled on Las Piramides in the Playa de las americas resort. At 21, the price of this hotel was fantastic. As far as hotels abroad go, it was very lovely, with a huge pool and plenty of sunbeds which you didn't have to fight over each morning.
The all inclusive was brilliant and it's only a 5/10 minute walk to the centre for the partying nightlife. For younger people who want a fantastic, cheap holiday with the chance to meet lots of new people, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank raffa27
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is very central for all attractions, easy walk to beaches, The Patch and if so inclined, the Veronica area. Nice shops, mega expensive but nice to window shop. Lots to do, places to eat out but we were all inclsuive. The hotel gave us a brilliant room, we had 3 balconies overlooking pool and a sea view - had asked for nice but this was excellent. Clean and well furnished and had fridge and other s/c items. Food was very good, lots of choices and the desserts were wonderful!. Nice pools , warm and very clean. Entertainment - zilch - all we had was the normal parrot show etc and bingo - the "lounge" is very small and claustrophobic for the amount of guests, not enough chairs but then, there's nothing going on so perhaps that is why. I would have hated to have gone here with kids cos there was nothing in the hotel for them. Disappointed to be all inclusive but because it was so boring and we do not just sit and drink ourselves stupid, we went out at abt 9pm to find entertainment.
My biggest upset however was the awful guests that the management do nothing about. The hotel obviously caters for hen and stag do's and we, unfortunately, had about 4 lots there in our week. They were a disgrace. They took over areas around the pool, their language was vile abusive and a disgrace to be heard, they were morons who intimidated anyone around them. The girls in some of the hens were as bad, with vile and obscene behaviour.Men and women drinking and smoking IN THE POOL, spitting and things I cannot mention here. Disgusting. If I had my grandhchildren with me I would have been distraught. The elderly people and kiddies were not respected in way shape or form nor were normal holiday makers. . The noise around the hallways was beyond belief - how can this behaviour be allowed to go on? I have been to hotels in Spain when idiots like this have been thrown out. The management did nothing in this hotel. I complained as did several others. I think they were just content to have their money and let US get on with it. I paid good money for my holiday and it was almost ruined by these crowds of obscene yobs. I wish that it was compulsory for hotels to say they allow hen and stag do's and then hard working families could stay away from them. I would not go near an 18 -30's hotel so why do they inflict this on us?
Anyway if you are lucky enough to get nice guests the hotel is clean and the food is good. Drinks are in paper cups but that is common now I suppose. Entertainment very poor but depends what you are out for on this holiday.
The Anchor down the road has big screen TV and live music every evening, the Sax bar was great for a live band but there is a lot around.

Room Tip: Wow try and get a corner room ! Definately go for floor 3 too
2  Thank winklepinkle
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from a weeks stay at Las Piramides. This hotel isn't as bad as some of the reviews say..... & I'm fussy!!

The reception is dark & dreary & I must admit thinking where have we come to! It got better though, our room was clean & overlooked the small pool. For me the beds were very uncomfortable, hence I didn't sleep very well for the full week..

We stayed on an all inclusive basis, the food was ok, bit repetative, could normally find something I liked. The afternoon tea didn't look very exciting & also didn't like drinking hot drinks out of plastic cups!

We are not bothered about sitting around the pool, so sunbeds aren't an issue to us. I must agree with other reviewers that it seemed a struggle to get a sunbed as other guests had snapped them up very early in the morning!

This hotel is handy for all amenities, with plenty of bars, cafes & restaurants.

All in all as my rating says an average hotel that I will not be returning to.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

What a lovely place. The staff were so courteous and helpful during the worst storm the island had seen in years.
Well suited for all amenities, well cheap car-hire at the bottom of the street, quiet location, excellent food - what more can a very satisfied guest who's put on 3kgs in weight say .........

Room Tip: 3rd floor, sea view, just perfect.
3  Thank swissbernie