3,879 results
All reviewssea viewimagine barpool areahalf boardpiano barbar staffevery nightmain restaurantplenty of choicetennis courtsjunior suitebig hotelgreat holidaybottle of cavaevening entertainmentsea frontchocolate fountain
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Thought for the money we paid we would have a lovely holiday, how wrong!! All the other all inclusive holidays we have been on had the bars open all the time and the staff served you, but not here, my husband asked for a beer and was told to go and get it himself, plus only one bar was open so we decided it would be better to go out. The sun bed run in a morning was hilarious as other holidays makers jostled for position (not the brits) for the best beds although there were plenty to go around. I can honestly say I would never use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank blackpoolbabe
Reviewed September 19, 2010

The Hotel is in a great location near the sea front and looks very very clean and tidy, the lounge in the entrance is comfy also.

The resort was very very quiet, not busy like I heard it used to be, the weather was very hot and alot of people got burnt so be aware of that fact.

Now the check in at the hotel is very very slow so be ready to wait ages.
I booked a year and a half in advance for this hotel as I heard it was very good. I was given a small room over the aircon machines which gave of noise all day and night which got on my nerves the whole time, so I asked twice to change rooms, they always said they would get back to me but never did, in the end I gave up.

The rooms are very small and dated the furniture is old and chipped and the beds move if you move and are so uncomfy you never get a good nights sleep I had to take pain killers for my back after trying to sleep on the cheap beds.

The fixtures in the bathroom were rusty and the bathroom is small not what I was expecting from a so called 4 star hotel.
The baclony was also very small and the furniture on them is cheap and nasty as one chair broke when I sat on it, it was taken away by the staff but never replaced. And you couldn't sit out there as the aircon drove you insane.

The meals at the hotel were terrible often cold and the meat over cooked and of a poor quality. The breakfast was also bad so we had to eat out everyday at a great place called el cedro's great food there and very cheap lots of other guests ate there also.
We nicknamed the restaurant at the hotel sloppy joes as that is what it was like.

We also never got our pick up times to go home until lots of guests complained on the phone to thomas cook as we never saw the reps. Talk about customer service.

The only good thing about the hotel are the cleaners as they were always friendy and good at there jobs.

I will never return to this hotel and recommend it gets down graded to a 3 star as that is all it is.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank zen3
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I can find very few faults with this hotel complex, clean, tidy and well maintained. Staff very helpful. Would I give it a 4* probably just.....Rooms are indeed very basic, flatscreen LCD TV,s, maid service everyday and mini bar which was never filled. Pool area can get very crowded but we had no problem any day getting sun loungers. Animation team do their best to get guests involved.
Restraunt did very well catering for different nationalities, usual AI food on offer, fresh fish and meat cooked to your preferance at grill area both my hubby and son are fussy eaters and they couldnt get enough!!!!!!.
We had water dripping from the airconditioning unit but this was quickly rectified and was our own fault opening the patio doors with air con on.......oops!!!
Bar staff at night dont care much for AI guests and can be quite rude.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at Las Palmeras and wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends and will be booking again so ignore the nitpickers a holiday is for fun and relaxation and you get that in abundance here!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2010

stayed at the h10 in may '10 for long weekend (4 nights). Excellent hotel all round . Food was very good and lots of choice. The location of the hotel is just of the beach but you walk out the back gate and you are on the beach, Staff were friendly and the all inclusive drinks are good. The entertainment was very good. Only problem was we did not stay at the hotel long enough. Very happy with everything at the h10 palmeras.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We were recommended this hotel by a friend (mature couple) who stayed there Oct 2009.
Clearly things have changed since then.
We arrived in the evening. Beautiful reception and friendly staff.
I advised we had specified sea view on our booking. Was told that it is only if they can manage and charged us an additional 240 Euros for a room at the back with a view.
The room was very basic. We had a king size bed which was as hard as a table top. Very uncomfortable. No tea/coffee facilities. Just room, bathroom and small balcony. No more than that.
The annoying thing is that after speaking to two English girls who didn't like their room at the front they were moved to the back at no extra charge!!
Food - Absolutely disgusting. There's a huge buffet restaurant and if you can get near the toasters, glasses etc for the typically abusive/arrogant Germans then you're doing well to get something fresh.
Breakfast is the usual continental stuff plus some resemblance of UK stuff like scrambled eggs and bacon. They use the cheap streaky bacon. salty, hardly any meat on it and cold scrambled egg with parsley through it. It turns your stomach to see they serve Brussels sprouts, cauliflower in batter, fish stick, chicken nuggets all beside the breakfast food and lying in pools of hot water.
There's no fresh fruit juice. Only vending machines and what you get is watered down.
same with the coffee. Even at the bar if you ask for a coffee they just press the button on the vending machine. It's disgusting. Like dish water.
Lunch is the same as breakfast only it's clear they have used the left over's to reinvent the menu e.g. left over egg becomes quiche. Left over sausages become some foul variety of chilli and sausage casserole. Dinner is the same. Whatever is left over from lunch put out again in another form.
You can get some snacks at the all inclusive section in the bar restaurant but it's the same every day.
They don't use sausages for their meals or hot dogs. It's those hot dog sausages you get in cheap supermarkets that come in brine in a jar.
There's a "Show cook" each meal service. In the morning you can queue for a fresh omelette (egg, tinned ham and cheese) or some days they make pancakes.
My wife and I decided in future just to have toast and fresh fruit for breakfast. The bread all tastes sweet and we never got a ripe piece of fruit in two weeks. You could break your teeth on it.

The hotel has four lifts. All very slow and all have a mind of their own.
There's free Wi fi if you ask the reception for a token which was about the only good thing about this hotel.
The entertainment is terrible. Kids disco three times a day. Night time the kids come on again at 8.30pm until 10pm but the staff still engage them in party games and songs when there's supposed to be adult entertainment. Adult shows can range from flamenco dancers to crap Eurovision karapke type singers.

During the day at the pool you are treated every hour to some annoying staff pestering you to get up and play pistol shoot, water polo or aqua gym. It's the same every day. Really starts to infuriate.
I went to the poolside bar to get a gin for my wife and was turned away because I had a bare top (was wearing swimming shorts). The bar man then proceeded to serve a fat German couple. He with nothing on but shorts and she bulging out of her bikini. What's the point in complaining?

We spent over £2,200 on this holiday and another £1,400 eating out because the hotel was so bad and the food inedible.
I would have asked the rep, Joe, but he was nowhere to be seen the full two weeks we stayed other than at the welcome greeting.

In short, avoid this hell hole. Terrible food, horrible guests and no entertainment. Absolute rubbish.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple