After the stresses of a very wet winter hubby and I just wanted a weeks break in the sun.We wern`t dissapointed, the sun shon hot and strong except for the last day when it was windy.
The hotel was very clean and the staff a joy. Soooo helpful and friendly. Being all inclusive I was delighted to find that national spirits were available and mixers such as Schwepps. I loved the Vodka with blue tonic in a glass the size of a small fish bowl.The food was varied and hot and something for everyone - although if I am a bit picky the streaky bacon at breakfast ( which you get everywhere in Spain) was more fatty than usual and the only sausages I saw were frankfurters,the type that come in tins.The fresh fruit smoothies and shakes which were freshly made were delicious.The dining room was busy and the tables were quite near each other which sometimes made you feel a bit too close for comfort with the diners on the tables either side. Still this did not bother us that much.
The room was quite small room 358 - it did not have a fridge or mini bar and although it could have done with a bit of an update it was ok for us and the twin beds were very comfortable. The maid kept it spotless. Although from our balcony there were several glimpses of the sea in the distance the main view was overlooking "The Patch" . This consisted of a restaurant :two all night kebab shops:a nightclub :sexshop, minimarket : the Drunk n Duck Pub and the "Grow Shop" - a shop selling all kinds of paraphenalia for growing certain relaxing plants ! Surprisingly we wern`t bothered by noise as by the time we had a full day in the sun, a substantial evening meal and a few cocktails we were ready to crash out - no worries! We may have watched a bit of telly to nod off to but as a previous reviewer said the English channels were pretty limited and Sky news gets a bit repetitive after a while.
The pool area was calm and relaxing - and during the time we were there (the end of March)there were very few children. There were plenty of sunbeds but there were still the people who put towels down first thing in the morning and were still missing after lunch. I was impressed that the pool guys acted ( unlike most hotels) by firstly placing a notice on the sunbed reminding people not to reserve then eventually removing the towels . The look of total bemusement on peoples faces when they eventually turned up to find other people on their beds was a pictire to behold.
Overall we really enjoyed our week and will return - thank you H10 Las Palmeres.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Playa de las Américas, next to the sea and with direct access to the seafront promenade, the H10 Las Palmeras is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. Recently refurbished by the well-known designer Lázaro Rosa-Violán, the hotel has a bright interior design with a maritime feel, and new services such as the Asian restaurant Sakura Teppanyaki, the specialist coffee shop Mike’s Coffee and the Imagine bar. The hotel also offers a packed programme of entertainment for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with H10 Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Las Palmeras Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- h10 Las Palmeras Resort
- H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas