I cannot fault this hotel, I absolutely love it!
It was two years ago but it was that good I really thought I should share. This was my first trip abroad without family, was worried at first as my other half and I had recently seen The Inbetweeners film and were worried that we would get stuck like that. On arriving at Las Palmeras all the worry was swept away instantly, as the staff at the reception were so helpful and friendly, speaking a variety of languages, they made us feel so welcome. We were given our room number (464) and directions. Walking through the corridors the great impressions did not stop. I'v stayed in a number of 5 star hotels and have to say this hotel favourably compares and is a fraction of the price.
On arrival at our room we were blown away, it was fantastic. We did not pay for any extras just the most basic, but for us at least, we felt we were actually better off doing this. On booking we had the choice of optional extras of either a sea or mountain view, as said before we declined these and to our shock the room we were given a room that had views of both the sea and the mountain, one each way, who could moan at that!? Furthermore we were not overlooked by anyone, very private balcony, and there was extra rooftop space, making a very large balcony, shared between our room and the two neighbouring so you could enjoy the views even more. Although we really enjoyed this others may not as you might see it as a security problem, but for us it was just a bonus. The room itself was immaculate with comfortable beds. The rooms come with very nice toiletries and a good working hairdryer.
The overall location is fantastic, right on the main strip with the beach promenade at the back of the hotel with private access. It was a lovely walk to Los Cristianos, which we did most days it was that convenient. This is also where we booked our excursions, which were a lot cheaper than booking in the UK. We booked at one of the stalls in the square by the beach, although we were unsure as this sort of thing you would avoid doing in the UK our experience was positive and had several fantastic trips; dolphin watching boat trip; mountain trip; Siam Park - all of which I would highly recommend. Again the hotel is in a fantastic location to get the coach or bus to these excursions, as all the meeting points were between 1 and 5 minutes walk away.
Food was exceptional at this hotel, we have since tried to emulate some of the cooking techniques but in no way do they match up to this hotel's standards. True praise is needed for everyone involved in both the food cooking and entire food service, as the restaurant is so well run and food, delicious.
Entertainment is the best I have ever witnessed or been a part of. The daytime activities are great, nice variety. The entertainers are very engaging, especially with younger people, and again can speak many languages and so this was never a problem. If you do well in the daytime activities you can win a certificate and/or t-shirt, very nice bonus to such fun activities. The evening entertainment was again brilliant, but be warned if you don't like going up on stage as they do have a lot of audience participation.
Just in quick summary, sorry to go on so much it's just I really do recommend this hotel, beautiful hotel, great cleanliness, fantastic staff all round - not one bad experience, great location and overall made for an excellent holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Playa de las Americas, just next to the sea and with direct access to the to the maritime promenade, the H10 Las Palmeras is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, delicious dining options (including the Italian a la carte restaurant, Specchio Magico), outdoor pools, a Daisy Club, a multisports court and a gym. Guests can also enjoy a full programme of daytime and evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, H10 Hotels and Travelocity so you can book your H10 Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Las Palmeras Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- h10 Las Palmeras Resort
- H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas