We went to Las Palmeras to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday at the end of March. Check in was smooth although we had an hour to wait for the room, (we did arrive early) so time for some lunch by the pool. We had booked a sea view room because we know that some of them are close to the Irish bars and can be a bit noisier.
The rooms have been upgraded and we actually had a double bed, not two singles pushed together. Not many drawers, but enough shelving to suffice the average stay. It would be advisable to take some trouser hangers though. My main gripe is that there isn't a mirror over the dressing table, but that can be overcome.
The restaurant has now been refurbished and now has a nice contempory feel, plus the food has improved too, not that it was bad before. Plenty of choices at all sittings and the fish on Good Friday was superb.
There is also an a la carte section which serves fantastic Italian food. We booked this for my husband's birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. The waiter and waitress were very attentive and made us feel very special. The menu was varied and the food cooked before you and it was delicious! They then brought a small cake with a candle which was a lovely touch, followed by Lemoncillo x2! After a bottle of champagne delivered to our room whilst we were getting ready, courtesy of the hotel and a couple of cocktails, this finished the meal off a treat!
As we were all inclusive, we could dine there once a week. We certainly went back on our last night to round off a brilliant stay.
We used to have a snack lunch at the pool bar which had plenty of selection but lunch is also served in the main restaurant if you wish for a larger choice.
All the spirits in the bars are good quality as standard, Smirnoff etc at no extra charge.
The pool area is lovely and clean with well kept garden areas, but beware! If you leave towels on the beds to reserve but do not use them, the pool staff will remove them. Pool towes available at 60 cents each time you change them.
The downside to the hotel is the entertainment. There is a resident band, who have been there for years, but the acts that are brought in are average. But the hotel is situated close enough to a wide variety of bars if you want something more.
Overall we had great time and would recommend it and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Playa de las Américas, next to the sea and with direct access to the seafront promenade, the H10 Las Palmeras is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. Recently refurbished by the well-known designer Lázaro Rosa-Violán, the hotel has a bright interior design with a maritime feel, and new services such as the Asian restaurant Sakura Teppanyaki, the specialist coffee shop Mike’s Coffee and the Imagine bar. The hotel also offers a packed programme of entertainment for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, H10 Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Las Palmeras Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- h10 Las Palmeras Resort
- H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas