Just got back from a short 3 day break at the H10 Las Palmeras.We were checked in very quickly and efficiently by the young lady with beautiful blue eyes on reception,she was very friendly,courteous and was very pleasant.We were allocated room 553 which we were very pleased with.It was large,well appointed and very clean with pool and sea views,perfect!
We went for lunch and were impressed with the food and the wine.
Evening meal was not as good though and was quite often cold.The hotel was occupied by 90% German and the food was geared towards them,although this is not a complaint its just an observation so if you are not into trying different food then you maybe dissapointed and there was no seperate childrens section so our young girl found it difficult to get something she liked,although the desserts were great!.Breakfast again was not really up to much but the AI snack bar was found to be quite good.All drinks around the hotel were found to be good,especially the wine and sangria.
Onto the staff,every member of staff,whether house keeping,waiters, reception or bar staff were all found to be polite,friendly,helpful and happy in their work...................except one...................the lifeguard,the socorissta,the SOS man(which we think stands for stole our stuff!)
One day we went our for a walk and came back after he had straightened all the beds up.We had l left three towels and a bag with two watches in on the back of one of the beds,when we got back they had gone,i went to ask the lifeguard and he just atrted shouting in Spanish(could not speak English) and we could tell he was not being very polite with his voice and hand gestures,We managed to get our point across and he knew he had moved them but would not admit it! Luckily a waiter was walking past who spoke English,when we told him our problem he started shouting at the lifeguard and then suddenly he managed to produce the missing bag and towels which he just threw on a bed,I wish i remembered the waiters name as he deserves a mention but i think he seemed to know what the lifeguard was up to.Also the following day my daughter braved the freezing cold pool and got in to swim from one side to another and he came over shouting at her and told her in Spanish to get out !
So be careful with your belongings around the pool and a note to the management ,this man is letting your team down and if i were in charge of the staff then this man would be down the road,he may be more suited to cleaning up at Mc Donalds!
Anyway 9/10 for the hotel and yes we would return and thanks for the bottle of champage for the wifes birthday,a very nice touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the centre of Playa de las Américas, next to the sea and with direct access to the seafront promenade, the H10 Las Palmeras is surrounded by extensive subtropical gardens. Recently refurbished by the well-known designer Lázaro Rosa-Violán, the hotel has a bright interior design with a maritime feel, and new services such as the Asian restaurant Sakura Teppanyaki, the specialist coffee shop Mike’s Coffee and the Imagine bar. The hotel also offers a packed programme of entertainment for the whole family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, H10 Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Las Palmeras Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- h10 Las Palmeras Resort
- H10 Las Palmeras Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas