Just returned after spending 10 days at this hotel. Got off to a bad start due to a bagage handlers strike, but not anyones fault.
Once we got to the hotel we were welcomed by the reception staff and given our key card and quickly shown to our room. Reception staff were pleasant and more than helpful. The room was clean and tidy and a reasonable size for a hotel room. The only problem we had with the room is that the walls are very thin and you can here others in next door rooms talking or listening to the telly.Not a major problem as we dont spend a lot of time in the room but could be an issue for others also due to echoing of peoples voices in the corridors this can be annoying if you go to bed early and others come in late. Some sort of sound proofing should be considered in order that the noise can be reduced.
The beds were firm and comfortable in my opinion but others may think they are too hard but the beds are really an individuals view on whether they like a hard or soft bed.
The rooms were cleaned every day ands the beds were made every day during our stay and towels were changed daily as well once we started leaving the towels in the bath. The maids we came across either in our room or in the corridors were always pleasant.
The food at this 3* hotel was about the best we have had, we have stayed at a number of 4* half board and all inclusives over the past 7 years and I have to say the food here was really good, plenty of choice every night and did not feel at any time during our 10 day stay that it was repetative, food was always hot as well, as with other places it tends just to be warm.
The bar and lounge area was clean and tidy and the staff were always pleasant. We stayed and seen some of the shows and found them to be ok like all other hotels but again the entertainment is personal opinion on what you like or not. But I would say that the entertainment team and any acts we did see worked hard and performed well.
The pool area is a decent size but may be a bit restrictive during the summer months if families stayed here. Didnt venture into the pool itself but did here people say it was cold. The hotel was full during our stay and the system they use for releasing sun beds works better that other places we have visited. The sunbeds on the terrace area are unlocked at 9am then the beds around the pool are unlocked at 10am, this gives you a better chance of actually getting one. But it does still surprise me even when the sky is completly covered by cloud the number of ENGLISH, SCOTTISH, WELSH people who queue desperate to be first in line for a bed (No, its not just Germans that get up early for the sunbeds).
Overall, we would be happy to go back here to stay.
The only issues I had was the noise problem and I think they should consider some sort of sound proofing programme if possible but this is a problem with most hotels.
My other suggestion would be to consider reducing prices and charging people for the use of sunbeds so as to deter them from getting up early, placing a towel over the beds then disappearing for half the day.
But as I stated woulf be happy to stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas