Catalonia Oro Negro
Mediterranean Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$140
Palm Beach Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
$138
  • Beachfront
H10 Las Palmeras(Playa de las Americas)
$153
$147
Europe Villa Cortes(Playa de las Americas)
$221
$215
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
H10 Conquistador(Playa de las Americas)
$169
$163
$139
  • Pool
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$145
$219
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
$186
$181
Priceline
  • Pool
Hotel Sir Anthony(Playa de las Americas)
$337
$316
Hotels.com
2,515 results
All reviewspremium roomdaniels barhalf boardair conplenty of choicestar hotelfamily roomevery nightpool areabusy roadplenty of sunbedsgreat holidaybreakfast and dinnershow cookingmain roadreception staffcleaned every day
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our first room was disappointing, It was declared to have a "sea view" but it was postage stamp sized glimpse between other buildings. We asked to be moved and the next day we were given a delightful room with a double balcony and an excellent sea view. All the staff were polite and helpful but Clemente on reception, the head waitress (didn't get name) and the Thomson rep Bethan deserve a special mention. Remarkable variety of hot and cold meals on breakfast and evening buffets, with freshly cooked fried eggs or omelettes each morning and freshly griddled fish and meat options every night.

Room Tip: Ask for room 401.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aliwoa
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Aliwoa,
Thank you very much for share your experience in our hotel. Your feedback gives us support to continue working everyday to improve our services.
I am pleased knowing that you enjoyed our service and the quality of the food served.
I will pass your comment to Clemente, Simona and the rest of our staff

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights and first impressions of the outside wasn't good as we were dropped off in a car park across the road from the hotel. Having to cross a very busy road with suitcases isn't the best way to start a holiday especially in the dark.. However, once inside found it clean and pleasant, the staff member on duty was very good and efficient. I asked for a safety box key and was charged 37 euros !!! very expensive I felt. I was charged the weekly rate plus 3 euros per day for the extra 3 days. Felt it would have been better to charge me 10x3 euros = 30. This would have saved me 7. I did receive as is usual 10 back on returning the key

The room we were allocated was looking onto the road and we did hear some traffic noise but we were given the option to change to another quieter room, which we declined as we liked that we got the sun all morning and after the 1st night never noticed the traffic. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Towels changed every day too by the loveliest young lady who always had a cheery word.

The food is good, nothing to complain about as the choices of dishes were numerous. An extra nice touch was that on a Thursday they have a gala night where everyone received a free glass of champers. The dining room isn't the best as it is a bit dated, also there was lots of loose chair arms which could easily be sorted - I got skin nipped several times and noticed others swopping chairs. Again though everything was clean and tidy.

Entertainment was ok and bar prices average for a hotel, it is an easy walk downhill to the sea front where there is lots of bars etc. The pool area is nice and they do not allow people to put towels on chairs early as they stagger the times they are unlocked which I think other hotels should take note of and follow.

We would go again as it had a nice comfortable atmosphere with helpful and friendly staff. Well done Oro Negro.

Room Tip: If you want quiet request a pool facing room
2  Thank nncarr

Dear nncarr ,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel. Your comments and feedback give us the chance to improve our services and support to continue working to get our guests´ satisfaction.
About safety box charge, i would like to clarify that for 10 days the charge is: 1 week x 18,00 € + 3 extra days x 3,00 € = 27,00 € + 10 € deposit = 37,00 € (10 € back), if we had charge only per day it will be: 10 days x 3,00 € = 30,00 € + 10 € deposit = 40,00 € (10 € back). We always try to choose the best option for our guest.
We will check your comment about chairs in restaurant with our maintenance to solve it.

I am pleased knowing that in general you had a nice stay in our hotel, and enjoyed your room, the quality of our food service, the cup of cava in our gala dinner on Thursdays, and specially the atmosphere in the hotel and the friendliness of our staff (4*).

Thank you very much again for your feedback

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I wrote a lengthy eulogy to this hotel on 19th February 2012 and I was worried that we would suffer from " second time syndrome" when we tripped up for the same two weeks this year but if anything it was better. It doesn't have the " hanging gardens" of the Vulcano ( £500 more ) or the wonderful marble atrium of the Conquistador ( £500 more ) and I wouldn't be foolish enough to compare the Oro Negro with them ( we've stayed many times at both), but for a clean, friendly hotel with excellent food it comes in at an incredible price.
We went out all14nights we were here so make no comment on the evening entertainment but we met up with many people in the variety of pubs/clubs in Las Americas who had paid massive hotel prices and they never stayed in either.
Previous Trip Advisor reviewers mention the proximity of the restaurant tables and the bustle and clamour of this busy restaurant so I submit
RESTAURANT TIPS
1. Don't try and sneak past Simona. That God given smile will temporarily disappear and She'll have you.
2. Eat or get seated well before the 9am release of the upper sun terrace when 30plus guests join the queue after securing their spot.
3. Leave an item on your allotted table once allocated (old sunglasses, empty bag etc) because occasionally a waitress will give you a table if Simona is busy and if you both go for food your table may be re-allocated. Some leave their spouse as deposit gazing into space for ten minutes trying not to make eye contact with fellow diners and end up eating separately.Always leave a visible presence.
Finally I would affirm that this review is based on VALUE FOR MONEY and I would finish on a B.O.G.O.F offer.
This Hotel is available from northern airports (14nights) around April23rd for slightly more than £400 and available( again14nts) returning just before Christmas for slightly less than £400. If you are an uber organised person Christmas wise you can have two separate 14nt hols at the Oro Negro for £800pp. What a bargain ! !
On a personal note I would like to offer heartful thanks to reception manager Miguel and his able assistant Clemente for their assistance in my hour of need. THANKYOU.

2  Thank maverick048
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear maverick048 ,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel. Our guests´ feedback helps us to continue improving our services and get our entire guests´ satisfaction and give us support for our daily job.
Thank you for your comments and tips because our guests are our hotel’s best ambassadors.
I am really pleased reading that you had a nice second stay in our hotel and that you think we are best deal in town, and a really good value for money.
I will pass your comment to Miguel and Clemente and rest of our staff

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is brilliant. We stayed here 9th Feb until 16th Feb. We were checked in really quickly, I did ask for a room with a pool view but we were told that the hotel was full and we couldn't be moved. The room was clean and tidy upon arrival. We were on the 8th floor on the road side but with the doors being double glazed there was no issues with noise. We had a really good view over the golf course and some of Playa. During our stay the room was kept really clean with the maids coming in daily to make beds and replenish towels if necessary. I found the beds a little hard but we soon got used to them. We had to pay 28euro for the safe but received 10euro back on return of the key and receipt.

We were half board and we found the food excellent. We were pleasantly surprised with the variation of food available and although I am a fussy eater I never struggled to find something I liked. We never struggled to get a table and the most we had to wait was 2-3mins.

The hotel is away from the beach and I would say its about a 10-15 min walk which is up a slight hill. We used the pool a couple of times and never struggled to get a lounger.

The wi-fi in reception is really handy we asked for the password upon arrival.

All in all this hotel is clean, comfortable and reasonably friendly. We would definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor - better views
3  Thank KLB25_89
DomingoPerez, Director General at Catalonia Oro Negro, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear KLB25_89 ,
I am pleased knowing that you had an excellent holiday in our hotel and enjoyed our services.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Enjoyable week in the Oro Negro.
Staff extremely helpfull, Had a aproblem with the safe night before return, really concerned that we would not be allowed to fly as the passports were inside. Eventually at 1100 after a couple of phone calls (to Denmark) issue resolved, thank you.
The hotel is spotless and well maintained, pool could do with being heated, considering the Hotel was full only a hand full of people used it during the week.
Both of us returned relaxed and would recommend the hotel.
Shame the street sellers dont leave you alone, neither the people constantly trying to get you nto the restaurants, all were polite though and took no for an answer
Thank you to all the staff for an enjoyable holiday.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room facing the pool, as the road behind is busy
2  Thank spenser50

Dear spenser50,
Thank you very much for your nice words. Your feedback gives us support to continue working everyday to improve our services and get our entire guests´ satisfaction. I will pass your comment to our staff.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable week in our hotel and returned home relaxed after your stay.