We have just come back from the Oro Negro. The room is a bit dated but the maids come in every day and replace the towels you leave in the bath and tidy up. There is no problem getting a sunbed, each day the pool is cleaned and the beds are locked up until 9am so there is no rush to get a bed. We always got a bed and there where at least over 50 beds spare everyday a bonus. There is a lifeguard on duty and are very helpful getting you a sunshade or a cushion for the white beds.The people in the restaurant are ok but not very friendly with the exception of Simona who takes you to the table and always has a friendly word. The people who do the show cooking are very nice as well. You can have freshly cooked omelettes each morning or fried eggs exactly how you like them. At night they have usually a choice of three meat or fish which is cooked in front of you. This is besides all the other food they have prepared. We always found something we liked. We had a couple of problems with the safe not working correctly and when reported to the reception someone came up both times within 30 minutes. I never saw any prostitutes as mentioned by other reviews and I made a point of looking for them. All in all we had a good time at the hotel but did not like Tenerife not because of the resort itself but if you should expect to be pestered alot by the bars and shops as you walk past. This was the thing which spoiled the holiday, but the hotel I would definitely recommend. It is a slight walk down a hill to the front but not a steep one. I emailed the hotel beforehand to ask for a low floor and was emailed the same day to say I could have one. Excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Oro Negro is located 500 metres from the las Americas de Arona beach, in Tenerife, close to the local leisure centre and the "Las Americas" golf club. The hotel facilities cater to the most discriminating clients, both adult and children: swimming pool for adults, children's swimming pool, children's playground, large terrace, solarium with hammocks, hairdressers and beauty salon, table football, table tennis, private garden, pool bar, live shows in the bar, Daniel's bar, breakfast buffet restaurant and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Oro Negro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Oro Negro Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Catalonia Oro Negro Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas