“dont go here”

Kn Columbus Aparthotel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 9, 2014

just came back the rooms where so dirty.Ending up having rashes all over me .u could smell the damp as soon as u walked in the sheets felt damp door to the room looked like someone tryed to kick it in my sister ended uo ill have to go to the hospital with her chest there was 6 of us and payed nearly 4.000 pound i will never go there again there are more things wrong with it but it would take me all night.and mould in fridge beds are really dirty

Room Tip: there are no tips just dont go.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank sharonblackie22
Write a ReviewReviews (4,027)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Me and my sisters and my mum stayed at this hotel from 1st to 8th of february 2014 and belive me it was trebible. I have never stayed at a place so bad and l have travel all over the world the rooms were dirty never clean the whole week we were there the beds were damp every night you got in to them you could smell the damp my sister and l became ill and had to visit the hospital .no sun on the balconoy we read the reviews before we . and went back to thomson twice and they told us they hav.nt had any complains which l find hard to belive we asked if the hotel was fit for a 76 old woman and they said yes. well l don.t think it is and megan who sold us the holiday from thomson at the gyle edinburgh told us nothing but lies. the rooms were cold and l had to sleep with my clothes on and two blanets and top cover we had to ask for clean towels or you never got any mum fridge was all green mould we ask to get it clean sent someone up after the third time of complain and ants all over bathroom we were b/b only had breakfast three times not up to much .this was suppose to be a resting holiday for my mum but was nothing like that the noise was shocking the whole place was shocking and if you have already booked this place either go back to the travel company and get change if possible it has put me and my family off for ever going back to tenerife and we were not the only ones everybody we spoke to at the hotel and outside had nothing good to say about the place l am wirting this on 9th feb one day back from this nightmare of aholiday and will going in tomorrow to see megan at thomson only time we seen a thomson rep was the day of leaving they sold this holiday to my family as afour star l myself would .nt give it one

Room Tip: Just don.t go
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank aelder340
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Me and my family of 4 chose this hotel as it was ideal for our 5 night stay in tenerife, cheap and in a good location. It was a short walk from amenities, the beach and bars. The reception area was clean, but the bar was right behind the reception so it was very loud and crowded when we walked in. The pool area is very good, the pools are of good size and clean. We were given a room on the first floor which was very noisy, we had the entertainment below us and the road outside our balcony. The room itself was ok. It made do! We had a bedroom with 2 beds. The sofa slept 2 - one on top and a pull out bed underneath, this was extremely uncomfortable. Probably would have been comfier on the floor. Very disappointed. We stayed at the start of February so it got cold on the night time. We were given a sheet and a blanket for the sofa bed. It got VERY cold, I had to sleep in my coat. We asked the staff for more sheets/pillows/blankets but 1 just wasn't enough. Every single night we had someone wake us up shouting, arguing, banging doors, dragging chairs at 3am, someone even tried to get in our room at 5am. This is by far the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I couldn't wait to get home to get some sleep! We went self catering so I can't comment on the food. Although there was a lovely little snack bar outside by the pool which did nice breakfast and pancakes! I think this hotel is ideal for 18-30s not families. Staff were not interested - on checking out we gave our key card in, and the man behind reception couldn't care less - didn't look up at us, didn't say anything. Rude! Airport was 15 minutes from the hotel, taxi rank at the bottom of the road. Cost about 27 euros for a taxi to airport which was great.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank CyprusLife
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After reading all the reviews on here after I had book, I was dreading our stay! I must say I was pleasantly surprised, yes the rooms are basic and in need of refurbishment, some have been completed, but they are clean and the location is perfect. We stayed on a self catering basis so we were able to pick what we ate, the entertainment was fun and the staff friendly, we had several small issues which we dealt with straight away and without any problems.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank stephen h
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here in 2011 with a friend (self catering) as a last minute holiday. Room was clean although dated & in desperate need of refurbishment! Everything else about the hotel (pools, location etc) we loved! Returned in January 2014 with my fiancé for some winter sun this time going all inclusive. Firstly, unless I had been before I wouldn't have known that half of the rooms have been refurbished & are brilliant & have air con & others haven't & are old & shabby. So luckily for us I knew paying the extra would be worth it & our room was lovely and very clean! :) so that is something to watch out for! Location of the hotel was perfect for us, 5/10 minute walk from Veronicas Strip & Starco Centre & 10/15 minutes in the other direction for shopping centre & lovely restaurants. Unfortunately we had to eat out almost every night as the food at the Columbus wasn't good at all! I admit I am very fussy but my partner is not & even he didn't enjoy it. We went for dinner our first night & then went for lunch the next day & it was the same options as dinner the night before?! We did eat at some fantastic places though (Bombay Blue Indian, The House which is 5 mins from hotel & Tony Romas were all places we really really enjoyed) also the drinks choices for all inclusive were rubbish. I expected local spirits but also expected cocktails etc which they didn't do. Snacks are available at the pool bar which they don't always make clear so don't pay for snacks at pool snack bar like we did the first few days & the guy didn't tell us we could get practically the same things at the bar for all inclusive guests! The reception staff were sometimes pretty rude but bar staff, security guards & cleaners were all lovely. Also wifi is only available in the hotel reception which it doesn't specify on all booking sites. There are loads of great places to sunbathe at this hotel. There are 2 large pools, a kids pool & jacuzzi all in the middle of the complex with lots of sun beds etc. only problem with this bit is it is pretty shaded which may suit people with kids but not sun seekers! There are two raised sunbathing terraces at each side and also a more quiet, secluded area with an additional pool & a rooftop sunbathing terrace on the 6th floor which is really nice & also a sun trap! The pools weren't heated & were actually colder than the sea! Lol! So we didn't spend any time in them. One day we had overcast we decided to go in to the hotel spa - AMAZING!! It was 15 euros each for the use of the pool, sauna, steam room & heated loungers for 2 hours. It was so worth it. We had the place to ourselves & it was nice to get in a warm pool! Felt so relaxed afterwards :) we would definitely go back to this hotel providing we booked a newer room & went self catering. The food is the only thing that let's this hotel down (& the old rooms for the unknowing guests!!) otherwise it is worth a visit! :) we had a fantastic holiday! Also the mustcat trip was 49 euros each & is NOT WORTH IT! We were promised swimming with sea turtles & didn't even see a fish!!

Room Tip: Not all booking sites specify the difference between the old and new rooms so try to look into it to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed Me and my girlfriend were in this hotel for 11 nights in the appartments the rooms need refurbishing but not the worst! My girlfriend found a pubic hair in the bath which wasnt very pleasent. The reception staff are extremely rude and clearly do not have time for younger people. The shower always went cold which was annoying however the cleaners were very good cleaning your room everyday if you wanted. The pool is in the shade which makes is cold but they are off good size. We paid for what we got but once again the rooms really need a refurb.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jimmylufc
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed at the end of February,2014. Most of the reviews you see are correct. Dirty rooms, food was repetitive and staff not bothered. They do have outdoor pools but these are too cold to even dip your feet. Food was not good for a 3 star hotel. Chips every day with only 1 meat & 1 fish dish. Will not be staying in this hotel again

Room Tip: Try 4th or 5th floor with Pool view. Less noise and you might not see a cockroach
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple