this was our first visit to Tenerife and we found it difficult to get accommodation (at a reasonable price) at the last minute. Settled on the Columbus on a room only basis. It comprises of 2 large 6 storey blocks with an open courtyard between with 2 large and 1 small pools. A feature of one poll was a ramp into the water. The surrounding area was paved with sunbeds available hear and on the raised areas completing the quadrangle.
The poolside bar was well supported (mostly by those on all inclusive deals), the buffet style restaurant looked busy and, along with other facilities, the public areas were fully used.
We didn't use the bar or restaurant so can't judge but I didn't hear any complaints.
On the outside of the complex there were two supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants. Indeed all you need was close to hand if you didn't want to venture too far.
Our 1 bedroom apartment (others were studios) was on the fifth floor of the reception block.
It was a room ready for an update (has said to have been done in some parts of complex) but was adequate for our purposes and certainly fair for the price. Small niggles (nowhere's perfect) such as having to rest your chin on vanity unit while sitting on the toilet, wardrobe doors that didn't slide and tight space around the beds.
The televisions and room safes were both charged for use which was disappointing. The free wifi was confined to the lobby and was unreliable. Changes in these areas would be good.
Our room had some cockroaches (5 or 6 over the week) but the staff reacted quickly with spraying when informed. We were offered a change of room but did not feel it was that drastic.
We might have been unlucky as we didn't hear anyone else complain.
The beds were made every day, the room cleaned and the towels changed regularly although some were a bit on the grey side. The only face to face contact we had with staff were at reception and found them capable, friendly and responsive to requests.
We used the large sandy Playa de Las Vistas which was just over a 1 km straight walk from the hotel. This had the greatest number of sunbeds but you needed to be there before 10.00pm to be sure to get one. Plenty of eating and watering holes here and throughout the whole of the Costa Adeje/Las Americas/Los Cristianos area and certainly no shortage of shopping centres for retail addicts.
The one trip we did was the express bus to Santa Cruz (1 hour)followed by the Hop on, hop off tour of the town (1 hour). Combined tickets on sale at the bus stations in Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos, After this we took the tram (buy ticket from machine before boarding) to the old capital, La Laguna (45 min), which was well worth a visit. The choice of buses each way is flexible so the day is as long as you want to make it . Take a jumper as it can be cooler.
Would we go back to Columbus. Unlikely, but it has more to offer than just a budget option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel is perfect for your vacation with your family or with your partner in Playa de Las Americas. Recently refurbished, the resort is perfectly located in the center of Playa de Las Americas. A few minutes walk from the most popular nightlife areas of the south, from the best restaurants and shopping centers as well as the best beaches and sports centers of Playa de Las Americas. Also, it is just a few minutes from famous landmarks such as Siampark (the largest water park in Europe), Hard Rock Cafe, and the Theater of Carmen Mota (famous flamenco dancer) The hotel has double and quadruple rooms where you can choose Half Board or All Inclusive for our stay and also has Studios and Apartments with its own Kitchen to stay on Self Catering or stay and breakfast. The hotel offers modern facilities in an Arabic style architecture. It has some heated outdoor pools where you can swim all year round. It also has a jacuzzi, Spa & Wellness Centre, restaurants, hairdressers, Laundry Self Service, Nightclub, Game Room, Internet Room, Playground, Fountains and Garden, Solarium, Animation Team, and Children's Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kn Columbus Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Columbus Hotel Tenerife
- Columbus Tenerife
- Hotel Columbus Tenerife
- Columbus Apartments Tenerife
- Aparthotel Columbus Tenerife
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas