I holidayed in the hotel in May 2013. I booked this holiday because 2 friends and myself wanted a cheap break from the awful English and I didn't read any review's before I booked .
I did read the reviews before we left and was quite concerned of what would greet us. When we arrived at the hotel Columbus we were directed to the apartment, with trepidation we opened the door.
What a lovely apartment we had, all our requests had been given a ground floor with a terrace and balcony. The terrace overlooked the pool also the most roomy apartment we had ever had. It was basic but clean with a twin bedroom and lounge and kitchen area. A very comfortable 3ft bed which pulled out from the wall in the lounge area .plus another stowed bed which would have been sufficient for a forth person as the room was quite large. In the morning we discovered a leak in the bathroom which we rang through to reception the plumber arrived within 10 minutes and repaired it. My friends and myself could find no fault with this hotel, for the price we paid we knew we would not get 5 star service but it was well worth a 3 star status. The surrounding areas are very lively, which we enjoyed as we are well passed the age for living it up ourselves but enjoyed the buss of other people having a good time. Although we where self catering we decided to have a few meals in the hotel, we thought the food good in fact some meals were better than what we ate in some of the over priced restaurants in Las Americas, in fact as the food was good my friend invited her brother(who also happened to be holidaying in Tenerife0 to join us)at the hotel for a meal and they said the food was better than the hotel they where staying in. I would go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel is perfect for your vacation with your family or with your partner in Playa de Las Americas. Recently refurbished, the resort is perfectly located in the center of Playa de Las Americas. A few minutes walk from the most popular nightlife areas of the south, from the best restaurants and shopping centers as well as the best beaches and sports centers of Playa de Las Americas. Also, it is just a few minutes from famous landmarks such as Siampark (the largest water park in Europe), Hard Rock Cafe, and the Theater of Carmen Mota (famous flamenco dancer) The hotel has double and quadruple rooms where you can choose Half Board or All Inclusive for our stay and also has Studios and Apartments with its own Kitchen to stay on Self Catering or stay and breakfast. The hotel offers modern facilities in an Arabic style architecture. It has some heated outdoor pools where you can swim all year round. It also has a jacuzzi, Spa & Wellness Centre, restaurants, hairdressers, Laundry Self Service, Nightclub, Game Room, Internet Room, Playground, Fountains and Garden, Solarium, Animation Team, and Children's Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kn Columbus Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Columbus Hotel Tenerife
- Columbus Tenerife
- Hotel Columbus Tenerife
- Columbus Apartments Tenerife
- Aparthotel Columbus Tenerife
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas