As a couple that have travelled to Tenerife many times, we were a little cautious about staying at the Columbus Aparthotel.
Firstly, it was the cheapest option, secondly, it's location.
I can imagine this to be a lively hotel during the peak season but in February, it was just right. The beds were a little hard but overall we found the hotel to be very clean and tidy with daily maid service from extremely polite staff. The fridge is good and they do ice.
We stayed as self catering guests so cannot review the half board or all inclusive facilities but can say that there is plenty of food and drink options for the paying customer.
The only minus points we found were...the balcony. When sat on the balcony, you cannot see much because of the safety glass...The pools were cold, proper cold, although it was February and the amount of shade around the pool area. Although this was not a problem for us, it could be in the night of summer.
As for the location, there are busy roads on three sides of the hotel and while these were not a problem for us, the constant sirens from ambulances going to the hospital across the road did get a bit annoying.
All things considered, I would return to this hotel again. For the price, it is excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel is perfect for your vacation with your family or with your partner in Playa de Las Americas. Recently refurbished, the resort is perfectly located in the center of Playa de Las Americas. A few minutes walk from the most popular nightlife areas of the south, from the best restaurants and shopping centers as well as the best beaches and sports centers of Playa de Las Americas. Also, it is just a few minutes from famous landmarks such as Siampark (the largest water park in Europe), Hard Rock Cafe, and the Theater of Carmen Mota (famous flamenco dancer) The hotel has double and quadruple rooms where you can choose Half Board or All Inclusive for our stay and also has Studios and Apartments with its own Kitchen to stay on Self Catering or stay and breakfast. The hotel offers modern facilities in an Arabic style architecture. It has some heated outdoor pools where you can swim all year round. It also has a jacuzzi, Spa & Wellness Centre, restaurants, hairdressers, Laundry Self Service, Nightclub, Game Room, Internet Room, Playground, Fountains and Garden, Solarium, Animation Team, and Children's Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Kn Columbus Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Columbus Hotel Tenerife
- Columbus Tenerife
- Hotel Columbus Tenerife
- Columbus Apartments Tenerife
- Aparthotel Columbus Tenerife
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas