“Was Good For Us.”

Palm Beach Tenerife
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Was Good For Us.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here some time ago and had a refurbished room and we were very happy with it. The room was clean, tidy and modern, and the cleaners did a great job. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite. The pool area was nice, though we were out most of the time.
There is a great little shop in the building were we bought a roast chicken ( you have to order first ), and it was delicious, the shop also has very reasonable price's for water etc.
We got a good deal for our holiday which made it worth the money, though I have seen some price's for Palm Beach that are more expensive than a nice hotel, this also goes for lots of other apts.
Location is not bad, as we prefer the safari centre area, but, as said, we got a good deal and we were very happy with Palm Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mapaly
Maria G, Management Company Representative at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wales. UK
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rooms are ok but the main problem is that some of the rooms have been refurbished, not all. The air conditioning is the original since opening in the 1980's. Need to sort out air conditioning. No checks are made around the pool area as I've seen tourist coming around from hotel next door to use palm beach facilities. Positive side the maid service is excellent and they are very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank SianJonesWales_UK
Maria G, Management Company Representative at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with the resort. As you have stated, some apartments in Palm Beach Club have undergone a complete refurbishment although we have been unable to complete the refurbishment programme as quickly as we would wish. Your comment regarding the use of the swimming pool has been noted and I thank you for taking the time to review Palm Beach Club.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am unfortunately bound to a wheelchair and it is very diffucult to find a hotell an Place I can enjoy. At Palm Beach Club I found everything I had hoped for.
There was no problem operating my wheelchair at the hotel or in Tenerife in general. We found a mix of factors like the location of the hotel, the price, the room, swimming pool area, the service mindedness of the hotel staff, the cleanliness and that I could use the wheelchair almost everywhere to be so much to are liking that we are about to order a vacation for next year at the same hotell.
If you use a wheelchair, this is the Place.
John Christensen from Norway

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John G C
Maria G, Management Company Representative at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday at Palm Beach Club and look forward to welcoming you back
Comrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

First time we have stayed at Palm Beach, rooms a bit tired, facing at the top on the door to the apartment had fallen off inside and had not been replaced, but apart from that it was ok but nothing like the pictures on the website. (we did not really expect that). We were quite lucky as we were at front of hotel with a beautiful sea view and a huge balcony with sunbeds parasol and table and chairs. Real sun trap after about 1 o'clock (room 402) higher level rooms only had a smaller balcony and round the side of hotel u had a pool view. We choose our hotels based on whether they have air con or not so were a bit disappointed to be told the air con is only on in the summer???? We found it impossible to sleep because it was so hot. Location was great, and although only a couple hundred yards from veronica's we were not disturbed by noise at all. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and most extremely helpful. We never went to the pool so can't comment, beach was great but the beach sellers and the chinese massage girls can get quite annoying. Got to the point where I pretended to be asleep. Would go back as long as the air con was switched on.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor on the prom side of the hotel had great balconies because they go out over shops...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avis C
Jajo_G, Manager at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this review, January 28, 2015
Dear Avis C,

We are currently reviewing our customer service feedback and we really appreciate your comments.

norfolk
Reviewed May 1, 2013

the furniture must be 20 yrs old with paint down to the wood, the settee was hard and had a slope from back to front which made it uncomfortableto sit on
some of the wallplug covers were loose and had to be fixed. The shower fittings were down to bare metal (all chrom had worn away) the light fitting on the balcany was rusty
On some of the outside walls the plaster and paint was falling off. At the pool many tiles had cracked and ceramics missing many sunbeds were dirty with bird droppings and there was an old damaged fridge left outside the pool restaurant .This is the most disappointing RCI timeshare we have stayed at in 18yrs would we go back NOT ON YOUR LIFE !!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank madog181
Dear Madog181,

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My first time in palm beach, Lovely hotel, with nice clean rooms.great location and a lovely swimming-pool...
From my room i could see the beautiful beach"playa de las america"
The staff was friendly and I enjoyed my week in palm beach and i will came back again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Marco F
Dear Marcofru,

kent
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Reception staff very pleasant and helpful, room cleaners really done there job also very helpful and polite, pool attendants 1 ok the other 1 really had an attitude problem lets say maybe "jobsworth" was told could not smoke at poolside, not a problem, there was a designated smoking area, we quite happily used it, no "no smoking " signs anywhere near the pool at all, but got had a go at over a cigarette butt that was under my sunbed, NOT MINE, also lectured on being in the sun with a baby, she was under an umbrella in the shade and we had only been there about 10 mins if that, she had sunblock on a sunhat and t-shirt with swim pants and was being taken for a swim then back to the room out of the sun, I had 1 of my children in a hot country and another aged 1 and at 52 years old do not need a lecture, when I had said to him thank-you for your concern but we know, he still continued to lecture, shaking his finger and head, the babies comforter got dropped by error near the pool area, this was enquired about at reception if it had been handed in, no, I then asked the pool enforcer if it had been handed in, no, selective understanding he also has, I found it on a sunbed so took it, he jumped out in front of me putting his hand in my face and his arm across my body saying " I call the police", good call them, I have photos on my mobile with this from before we was on holiday, he rang reception, who I must say dealt with this in a polite manner and I went on my way with her comforter for her to go to hospital with, my Grand daughter and her Dad was in the pool with a blow up beach ball, the pool, whistle blowing, hand flapping, ohh la la idiot, told him" no balls" the baby is 9 months old, really !!!! yet 2 fully grown adults could throw a hard ball across people swimming and not a word said to them !!!! this man has his favourites, I wonder how much that costs them, he is doing an important job maybe this should be taken into consideration and tips should only be allowed to be left in designated boxes, then shared equally among all the staff, no reason for favourites then. He can put on quite a show with his whistle blowing, hand clapping and flapping, ohh la las, especially when its time for him to go home, the noise he makes, if you was dozing by the pool you would not be now, he has a merry little dance and leg stance while doing all this in his white gloves, Michael Jackson contender maybe, worth a watch, he also puts your umbrella down and tells you not to use it as he is going home.
The bar/food tenders, the older gentleman very pleasant and helpful, the shaved head younger 1 was nice while serving me and my 19 year old daughter, telling me when she went to the toilet he only had smiles for her as he prefers younger women, I had not interest in him at all, twit and nor did my daughter, on the day off leaving we were all sat in the bar area when shaved head came over and very rudely told us to move from the table we was at because people wanted to eat there, there was 11 empty tables only 3 other tables being used, I said we was sitting there as it was in the shade for the baby, he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't care, so we brought another drink and stayed were we was, he was also pestering 2 very elderly ladies to do the breakfast and evening meal deals and getting quite angry with them, these ladies were getting very upset as he kept going back to them, not a nice way to do business, considering we was not offered this deal when we got there maybe again selective to those that find it hard to say no.
The area itself has everything there for holiday makers from young to old, beautiful scenery, either direction you go there are shops restaurants etc, if you can run you will be doing this as the shop/restaurant people really do badger you even when you politely say no thank you, this did get too you after a few days, but then this happens in a lot of resorts, the hair braiding ladies I know were swearing at us and calling us nasty names, do they really think everyone wants there hair braided and also do not understand what they are saying, the Del boy's with there watches, sunglasses and light up toys are really a pain when you are eating in restaurants.
This is a lovely place to go to plenty of water sports, water parks, loro park etc and if you like walking along the seafront most of the shops, restaurants are along this, you can walk for miles.
The Palm Beach would also be a lovely place to stay at, ample comfortable seating area in reception, lovely kids room to play in out of the sun also a fair size gym, sauna and shower rooms, nice size rooms, good in and outside area for eating as well, the food and drink prices I found to be very reasonable and on there happy hour deal 2 for 1 very good, could not get the food cheaper any where else on this deal as well, 1 very large pool a baby pool and jacuzzis as well, just a couple of the staff either need a lot of re-training or maybe let go to work elsewhere, then this would be a 5 star rating not what I would class as a 2 at present.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family