“good value”

Palm Beach Tenerife
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am unfortunately bound to a wheelchair and it is very diffucult to find a hotell an Place I can enjoy. At Palm Beach Club I found everything I had hoped for.
There was no problem operating my wheelchair at the hotel or in Tenerife in general. We found a mix of factors like the location of the hotel, the price, the room, swimming pool area, the service mindedness of the hotel staff, the cleanliness and that I could use the wheelchair almost everywhere to be so much to are liking that we are about to order a vacation for next year at the same hotell.
If you use a wheelchair, this is the Place.
John Christensen from Norway

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John G C
Maria G, Management Company Representative at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday at Palm Beach Club and look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed May 5, 2013

First time we have stayed at Palm Beach, rooms a bit tired, facing at the top on the door to the apartment had fallen off inside and had not been replaced, but apart from that it was ok but nothing like the pictures on the website. (we did not really expect that). We were quite lucky as we were at front of hotel with a beautiful sea view and a huge balcony with sunbeds parasol and table and chairs. Real sun trap after about 1 o'clock (room 402) higher level rooms only had a smaller balcony and round the side of hotel u had a pool view. We choose our hotels based on whether they have air con or not so were a bit disappointed to be told the air con is only on in the summer???? We found it impossible to sleep because it was so hot. Location was great, and although only a couple hundred yards from veronica's we were not disturbed by noise at all. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and most extremely helpful. We never went to the pool so can't comment, beach was great but the beach sellers and the chinese massage girls can get quite annoying. Got to the point where I pretended to be asleep. Would go back as long as the air con was switched on.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor on the prom side of the hotel had great balconies because they go out over shops...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Avis C
Jajo_G, Manager at Palm Beach Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2015

Dear Avis C,

We are currently reviewing our customer service feedback and we really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

the furniture must be 20 yrs old with paint down to the wood, the settee was hard and had a slope from back to front which made it uncomfortableto sit on
some of the wallplug covers were loose and had to be fixed. The shower fittings were down to bare metal (all chrom had worn away) the light fitting on the balcany was rusty
On some of the outside walls the plaster and paint was falling off. At the pool many tiles had cracked and ceramics missing many sunbeds were dirty with bird droppings and there was an old damaged fridge left outside the pool restaurant .This is the most disappointing RCI timeshare we have stayed at in 18yrs would we go back NOT ON YOUR LIFE !!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank madog181

Dear Madog181,

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My first time in palm beach, Lovely hotel, with nice clean rooms.great location and a lovely swimming-pool...
From my room i could see the beautiful beach"playa de las america"
The staff was friendly and I enjoyed my week in palm beach and i will came back again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Marco F

Dear Marcofru,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Reception staff very pleasant and helpful, room cleaners really done there job also very helpful and polite, pool attendants 1 ok the other 1 really had an attitude problem lets say maybe "jobsworth" was told could not smoke at poolside, not a problem, there was a designated smoking area, we quite happily used it, no "no smoking " signs anywhere near the pool at all, but got had a go at over a cigarette butt that was under my sunbed, NOT MINE, also lectured on being in the sun with a baby, she was under an umbrella in the shade and we had only been there about 10 mins if that, she had sunblock on a sunhat and t-shirt with swim pants and was being taken for a swim then back to the room out of the sun, I had 1 of my children in a hot country and another aged 1 and at 52 years old do not need a lecture, when I had said to him thank-you for your concern but we know, he still continued to lecture, shaking his finger and head, the babies comforter got dropped by error near the pool area, this was enquired about at reception if it had been handed in, no, I then asked the pool enforcer if it had been handed in, no, selective understanding he also has, I found it on a sunbed so took it, he jumped out in front of me putting his hand in my face and his arm across my body saying " I call the police", good call them, I have photos on my mobile with this from before we was on holiday, he rang reception, who I must say dealt with this in a polite manner and I went on my way with her comforter for her to go to hospital with, my Grand daughter and her Dad was in the pool with a blow up beach ball, the pool, whistle blowing, hand flapping, ohh la la idiot, told him" no balls" the baby is 9 months old, really !!!! yet 2 fully grown adults could throw a hard ball across people swimming and not a word said to them !!!! this man has his favourites, I wonder how much that costs them, he is doing an important job maybe this should be taken into consideration and tips should only be allowed to be left in designated boxes, then shared equally among all the staff, no reason for favourites then. He can put on quite a show with his whistle blowing, hand clapping and flapping, ohh la las, especially when its time for him to go home, the noise he makes, if you was dozing by the pool you would not be now, he has a merry little dance and leg stance while doing all this in his white gloves, Michael Jackson contender maybe, worth a watch, he also puts your umbrella down and tells you not to use it as he is going home.
The bar/food tenders, the older gentleman very pleasant and helpful, the shaved head younger 1 was nice while serving me and my 19 year old daughter, telling me when she went to the toilet he only had smiles for her as he prefers younger women, I had not interest in him at all, twit and nor did my daughter, on the day off leaving we were all sat in the bar area when shaved head came over and very rudely told us to move from the table we was at because people wanted to eat there, there was 11 empty tables only 3 other tables being used, I said we was sitting there as it was in the shade for the baby, he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't care, so we brought another drink and stayed were we was, he was also pestering 2 very elderly ladies to do the breakfast and evening meal deals and getting quite angry with them, these ladies were getting very upset as he kept going back to them, not a nice way to do business, considering we was not offered this deal when we got there maybe again selective to those that find it hard to say no.
The area itself has everything there for holiday makers from young to old, beautiful scenery, either direction you go there are shops restaurants etc, if you can run you will be doing this as the shop/restaurant people really do badger you even when you politely say no thank you, this did get too you after a few days, but then this happens in a lot of resorts, the hair braiding ladies I know were swearing at us and calling us nasty names, do they really think everyone wants there hair braided and also do not understand what they are saying, the Del boy's with there watches, sunglasses and light up toys are really a pain when you are eating in restaurants.
This is a lovely place to go to plenty of water sports, water parks, loro park etc and if you like walking along the seafront most of the shops, restaurants are along this, you can walk for miles.
The Palm Beach would also be a lovely place to stay at, ample comfortable seating area in reception, lovely kids room to play in out of the sun also a fair size gym, sauna and shower rooms, nice size rooms, good in and outside area for eating as well, the food and drink prices I found to be very reasonable and on there happy hour deal 2 for 1 very good, could not get the food cheaper any where else on this deal as well, 1 very large pool a baby pool and jacuzzis as well, just a couple of the staff either need a lot of re-training or maybe let go to work elsewhere, then this would be a 5 star rating not what I would class as a 2 at present.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank oh-dear60

Dear oh-dear60,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Room was clean and one lady cleaner with short blonde hair was absolute brilliant and was very sweet always good morning and happy, was in a good location was easy too get too shops bars and restaurants on the other hand you had the pool side idiot who was a total muppet we had only been by the pool 10minutes when he came running over in a flap saying the baby would burn and we did not know what we was doing considering she was under a parasol in the shade with sun cream on and a cotton t-shirt, so after that I asked him where I could smoke even tho there was no NO SMOKING signs he told me too smoke in the designated area so we did so but with that my 9 month old niece was in the pool with her dad in a blow up ring playing with a little ball he come blowing his whistle waving his hands saying ohh la la NO playing with toys in the pool but he left the 2adults chucking a hard ball round nearly missing people swimming then stopped and started flapping saying ohh la la you been smoking due too a fag butt on the floor that had been left by others so told us off even tho we said its the wrong make as we smoke menthol then too top it off my niece was very poorly her snuggerly was dropped so we went too look for it asked at reception but no one had handed it in so we went back too the pool too look for it asked the pool side ars of a man he said he does not understand in the end we found it perched on the end of a sun bed so picked it up went too walk away as the pool prat stuck his hand in my mothers face saying he was going too call the police so in the end called up too reception who was very understanding and said we had been looking for it so for us too take it as my niece had too go too hospital. The bar staff 1 old gentlemen was very pleasant and sweet the younger balder one however was rude and nasty as on the day we was leaving we was sitting down in the shade as with a baby he came over and told us get up as people wanted too eat but yet there was 11 empty tables and no one there waiting...
Was lovely too walk along the sea front other than every shop keeper pestering you so you ended up nearly running along so you was sweating not from sun but from the work out you got going for a nice stroll.
So really with the OHH LA LA arm waving hand clapping whistle blowing complete jobs worth of a supposed life guard that would not help elderly people into the pool as health and safety he can't touch anyone explain how he would save someone if they was drowning??
The bloodly idiots that stalk you when eating dinner trying too sell you a watch or sun glasses that are more than likely guaranteed too fall apart or the ladies trying too braid your hair no matter how many times you say no thank you they then swear at you.
But apart from all the bad was lovely weather lots too do over there from water sports too lazing by the pool for young and old.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wolfgirl85

Dear Wolfgirl85,

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week early April, we were a party of 11, 8 adults 1 child and 2 toddlers , hotel is in a good location with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops nearby, will definitely return to the resort

• Stayed: April 2013