We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Sir Anthony. This was our first visit and will NOT be our last.
First, we agree completely with other reviewers that this is not a hotel for children. Older teenagers might like it but younger children would be really bored. It is totally geared to adults with no childrens’ play area/pool or any entertainment. In fact, we discovered from speaking to a number of the guests that they chose this hotel for precisely that reason – this is a hotel for the grown-ups!
The hotel has undergone a complete refurbishment but as we haven’t been before we cannot comment on the changes although others who had visited on numerous occasions previously were not entirely happy with the new ‘look’. As at 23 Jan 09 work was still going on but was mainly confined to ground floor rooms and the southern end of the hotel which was closed off. The sound of workmen could be heard but was not intrusive. The garden, lounge bar and restaurant were fully open. Bedrooms are very good with a huge bed which was very comfortable for us and adequate wardrobe space. The bathroom comprises a walk in shower area big enough for two, a Jacuzzi style bath, his and hers wash basins and a separate toilet (no bidet !). The room has a large flat panel TV with UK, Spanish, German, Italian and other channels as well as a couple of movie channels. There is also an entertainment centre so take along CDs or connections for your MP3 player. There is a reasonably priced mini bar and room safe and, luxury, a kettle and tea making facilities. Overall the bedroom was of a high standard if a little functional.
Guest Services was manned by some excellent young ladies and gentlemen who were on the ball most of the time and worked really hard to be helpful and friendly. Guests were known by their surnames.
The pool area was a haven of tranquillity despite having a public footpath and the beach over the high wall/hedge. Sunbeds and brollies were in abundance with good mattresses and towels always available. There was quiet background music and staff brought around tasters of food and drinks a couple of times during the day.
The restaurant was excellent. There were clearly new staff and service could be a little disorganised but on the whole it was very good. Food was outstanding. Breakfast is not a buffet as they like to prepare juices, fruit, yoghurts, eggs, bacon, etc, etc fresh. Although there was a breakfast menu, guests could eat ‘off menu’ given some warning e.g. the eggs Benedict was stunningly good. Dinner was a la carte and, as with breakfast, guests could request dishes that were not on the menu. Anybody staying for dinner should be aware that, at present, a printed wine list is not available and tea/coffee after the meal are charged as extras !
Overall, the hotel is just about living up to its 5* rating but with some minor alterations and completion of the refurbishment, it will be a first class hotel. There were some niggling complaints but for comfort, quality of food and standard of service, this hotel would be hard to beat – anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only beachfront boutique hotelon the stunning Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, this luxury establishment has 70 sumptuously furnished rooms with a terrace, offering a panoramic view of the beach. The attentive staff provide personalized VIP service with unparalleled attention to detail. Located only a few steps from the largest entertainment and shopping area of the island, it is the ideal spot to spend a perfect dream holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Expo Hoteles so you can book your Hotel Sir Anthony reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Anthony Hotel Tenerife
- Sir Anthony Tenerife
- Hotel Sir Anthony Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas