“Pure relaxation....”
Review of Hotel Sir Anthony

Hotel Sir Anthony
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have just returned from Sir Anthony. I have stayed at the Med Palace and Cleopatra many times, but never Sir Anthony. I stayed in a Junior Suite with private pool on the terrace on a B&B basis. I was there 26th July - 6th Aug and the weather was amazing too!

The staff were extremely polite and couldn't do enough to help. This extends to the bar staff, breakfast staff, maids, Receptionists, everyone.

The welcome was lovely, I was offered a drink of my choice whilst the lady checked me in. She then showed me to my room, which was lovely - exactly like the pictures.

The terrace was tranquil and relaxing. I travelled alone and it was exactly what I expected and I was left alone. Cleaning was very thorough (empty pool and clean every day if you wish).

I ordered room service once, which wasn't great. Breakfast was a la carte and there was plenty to eat, you could order whatever you wanted.

I have stayed all over Tenerife (I visit at least twice a year and have done for over 20 years), in my opinion, Sir Anthony and the Royal Garden Villas are the best places in terms of pure luxury. Sir Anthony has the benefit of being very central so if you want to eat out, it is ideal. RGV is great if you want a villa that is self catering, but it isn't ideal unless you have a hire car or want to book a lot of taxis!!

Room Tip: Use the minibar for all your cold drinks. Also there are ice machines on every floor - I didnt reali...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank FARRAR123
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Farrar123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed feedback.

I´m most pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and I am glad that our services and facilities have been part of this joy.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future. You can visit our web page for any enquiry or special request. We will be more than willing to assist you.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in Sir Anthony's sister hotels the Mediterranean and the Cleopatra and although it is expensive thought we would give the Sir Anthony a try as we enjoy private sunbathing with a plunge pool which we had in the Cleopatra but unfortunately we only got a couple of hours a day because of the position of the hotel . This was no problem in Sir Anthony because the lounging area was not over looked at all , so we glorious sun all day. The only criticism we could make was a patio table and chair on the top of our room where we sunbathed would have been lovely as the view is so lovely it would have been nice to have people watched from here so we had to sit downstairs where the view isn't as good because of trees. What make Sir Anthony so special is the staff . Every single member of staff always smiled and said hello . The receptionist who checked us in , we can't remember her name was particularly charming , nothing too much trouble. We joked with her that we could not walk anywhere in her eye view without her happily waving and cheerily shouting hello Mr and Mrs Bennison . She would walk us into breakfast , all A la carte , get us our morning paper . She is worth her weight in gold to the hotel. Other hotel better watch out she doesn't get poached , if we had a hotel we would certainly pinch her. The beds are so comfortable, clean rooms, the maids were so sweet. We can't wait to come back .
NB there are plenty of sunbeds so if you don't want to slash out on a plunge pool room it doesn't really matter and the swimming pool is heated so it is wonderful and the food is waiter served , again wonderful staff .

Room Tip: Top rooms with plunge pool get sun all day
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

I´m really happy to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate your honeymoon. I hope we have contributed positively to its enjoyment.

I would also like to thank you for your nice words towards our reception staff. We know they always go out of their way to assist our guests.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you again in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us through our web page for any enquiry, we will be happy to help you.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first holiday away with my boyfriend, it is a perfect hotel for couples. Its right on the beach, and there is plenty to do. There is a supermarket right opposite the hotel, and lots of restaurants along the promenade and also at the Safari Centre which is about a 5mins walk away. This is definitely worth a visit, great quality food and also lots of good shops and cocktail bars. The pool area is quiet, which is in keeping the peaceful 5 star feel of the hotel. It is definitely the best place to relax. The lifeguard provides towels for you and is very helpful. As were the reception staff and bar/restaurant staff. No matter what language you speak they do their upmost to make you feel welcome - thank you! We were probably the youngest couple in the hotel being in our 20's however this isn't a bad thing, I would definitely recommend it as there was places to go for liveliness at night e.g. The Veronica's Strip is only a 5min taxi ride away costing €5 and there were lots of bars, dancing and drinking to do till the early hours which we did most nights and the best part was coming back to a lovely hotel and then having a lovely breakfast in the morning!! I would love to return to the Sir Anthony again in the future. I have recommended it to my parents, and friends!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sally K
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Sally K,

Reading positive feedbacks like yours is a total pleasure for all of us, management and staff.

It is a honour being chosen for your first holidays away with your boyfriend and we are happy to know that we have contributed to its success. Sharing here your impressions is a courtesy we can not ignore and I really thank you for it.

Even if our hotel is focused on customers who look for relaxing holidays, your report shows that you can combine activity and relax within the same complex, providing the best to both atmospheres.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again whenever you wish. We will be most pleased to have you here with us.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any special request. We´ll do our best to help you.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The staff are the most helpful and friendly I have ever come across on holiday in Tenerife. Nothing is too much trouble. The breakfasts are great - they will get you whatever you want and there is a buffet style breakfast on a Sunday that goes on into the early afternoon. The rooms are spotlessly clean with comfortable beds with plenty of clean towels. We had a ground floor room which was great for going to the pool and not having to worry about guests bagging a sun bed because there are not that many down by the pool area. We did see a bit of guests bagging sun beds before breakfast and not sure if this would be a problem at peak times of year. My only comment about the pool area is the umbrellas are quite dirty and scruffy and to keep 5 stars they need to replace things such as this to keep it looking stylish. We only had one evening meal in the hotel and it was Ok but not as good as some of the other restaurants. Its in a great location for the beach with private access using your room card and guests here can use the facilities at the Med Palace and the Cleopatra Palace. Good hotel though, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have their own sun beds and umbrellas and there is easy access to the pool area j...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Karen B,

Thank you very much for reporting here your impressions about your recent stay.

I´m glad to read that, in general terms, you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

I will pay extra attention to the state of the pool umbrellas, to make sure that they are kept clean and in perfect condition. Thank you very much for pointing out this problem.

Of course we will be more than happy to welcome you again whenever you wish. Do not hesitate to contact us for any request, we will do our best to please you.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The staff were extremely friendly and efficient. Our room was lovely and spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds.
The room service was very prompt and we enjoyed a wonderful menu style breakfast every morning.
The location is also a plus and we are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMITH_P1980
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Smith_P1980,

Let me thank you for sharing here your positive feedback.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities in all areas and hopefully we will soon have the chance to welcome you again.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any special need, we will do our best to meet your requests.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

just back on the 25th from this luxury hotel , staff are the frendliest ive ever came across, sandra and david especially, very relaxed champagne check-in , we had a suite withe roof top plunge pool , very clean, plenty fresh towels , room service very prompt, menu style breakfast which was endless, and brunch on sundays/
on arrival to our room champagne on ice , towel art swans / floating candles in our jacuzzi, red petals over the bed
what a perfect start to our anniversary, thanks to all the staff , we will be back

Room Tip: duplex with pool / but if only a standard room the main pool is right outside all the ground floor b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gilchrist88
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Gilchrist88,

Thank you very much for sharing here your nice comments about your recent stay in Hotel Sir Anthony.

We are most pleased to know that you have enjoyed our services and attentions and of course we thank you for your kind words towards our staff members. I will personally pass them your congratulations; I´m sure they will be as happy to receive them as I am to read them.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us for any special request or need.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the moment booked online to leaving the hotel, the Sir Anthony excels at customer service and attention to detail. Before arriving we received an email to ask when we would arrive and would we like a newspaper ordered for our stay. We arrived fairly early in the morning and after a seamless check-in we were shown to our room and explained how things worked.

Breakfast was a very relaxed affair with a small selection of pastries etc out but everything else was made to order which meant the food was exactly what you wanted. The staff levels and attention to detail during breakfast was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. On Sunday morning there was a speculator brunch with a live singer/band. A nice surprise!

The room itself, had everything you needed from a safe, hair dryer, large TV, music system and a great air con! In the evening here was a turn down service so we would get back to find our bed ready with a chocolate!

The location of the hotel is great for restaurants and bars and is opposite the beach with a gate from the swimming pool area. You can use the facilities of the other hotels next door. We had a look around and found them to be very busy and dated compared to the tranquility of the Sir Anthony however its nice to have that option (they couldn't access the Sir Anthony).

We would definitely return back and would recommend as a quality hotel.

Room Tip: We were ground floor with stairs directly to the pool. Rooms on this level have 2 sunloungers, 2 cha...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank becks30
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Becks30,

First of all let me thank you for the time invested on writing such a detailed report about your recent stay at Hotel Sir Anthony. Your effort is much appreciated.

I am happy to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we celebrate having somehow contributed to it.

The Sir Anthony is the jewel in the crown of our resort. Although we like to pay attention to detail in all our hotels, the staff at the Sir Anthony is specifically trained to find out and meet each guest request, provinding the most relaxing and quality holiday.

Thank you once again for sharing here your impressions.

I hope that we will have soon the chance to welcome you in Tenerife.

Esteban Sedano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Europe Villa Cortes
#7 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora

Been to Hotel Sir Anthony? Share your experiences!