Laguna Park 2
Catalonia Oro Negro(Playa de las Americas)
$69
  • Pool
Hotel Sir Anthony(Playa de las Americas)
$349
$341
Palm Beach Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
$121
  • Beachfront
Mediterranean Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$140
Europe Villa Cortes(Playa de las Americas)
$232
$225
  • Beachfront
H10 Las Palmeras(Playa de las Americas)
$184
$164
H10 Hotels
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$166
$159
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
$186
$181
Priceline
$719
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
La Siesta Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$556
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
3,209 results
All reviewsfree bus to the beachbad reviewscleaned every other dayafter reading the reviewsapartment was cleanplenty of sunbedsgreat holidayaqualand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2006

I stayed in Laguna Park 2 for three nights at the end of August. I booked at the last minute (a week before) and this was the only accomodation available to me. Having been to Tenerife a few times before I was well aware of the location of this hotel and it's less than great reputation. But as my main motivation for going was a break in the sunshine and to visit some friends out there I knew I wouldn't be spending much time in the accomodation so was thought I'd give it a go.

The location of Laguna Park 2 is out of the main resort centre, up a hill. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the nearest beach and a further 15-20 mins to walk (via the coast) to the area where all the nightlife is (Veronicas). I walked down once but made all other trips in a car or cab. It's about 3-4 Euros to the beach and 6-7 Euros to Veronicas. It is very handy for the waterpark, if that's your thing.

The site is on a hillside with reception at the top and the pool at the bottom and all the apartments in between. I never made use of the pool but it was large and appeared clean. Reception staff were ok, but seemed unwilling to break into a smile.

The room itself wasn't great. It was fine for me for a short stay but it wasn't particularly clean (dead mozzies splatted on the walls) and the majority of the balcony furniture was broken (except for one chair, which was luckily all I needed). Cockroaches are par for the course in such a climate and I did see a few on my visit, including one in my room.

As a base for a few days holiday it served me well enough, but overall I wouldn't go back to stay in this accomodation or recommend it to anyone else, there are better places to stay for similar price.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2006

The reception staff were very unhelpful on numerous occassions and did not speak or understand english enough to be efficient. Dirty towels were removed to be washed but not replaced with clean ones. We notified reception but still had to wait over 3 hours for them! Trips to reception were kept to a minimum due to the very steep hill that would almost cripple the fittest of people! The apartment was very basic, with bed linen full of holes, plaster falling from the walls and large patches of mould covering the walls. A very large cockroach also occupied our room! The telephone which was to be used in an emergency, did not work. The 'restaurant' was basic also, choice of food was adequate but the staff were very rude and abrupt. The swimming pool was disgusting- with people using it instead of a toilet (and not for weeing!). Poolside staff were informed and attempted to fish it out but gave up in the end, and allowing guests to continue swimming in it! This happened daily- just a matter of time before the outbreak of dysentry.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank diappointed
Reviewed August 13, 2006

I will keep this short:

Date of travel 28/7/06

The hotel is on top of a hill, and if you don't run the marathon for a living get a taxi up it, it is worth every bit of the 3-5 euros it will cost.
The pool is big and I mean big, nice and clean the pool side bar is good the food was ok, had lunch there most days.
The main restaurant was by all accounts a load of rubbish although we did not eat in it.
The room are worn out and need a good referb, the beds are ok not the best but ok.
The main bar was ok only used it once all week.
We found loads of good places to eat in town but worth a mention are the ship which is just at the bottom of the hill on the left on your way into town, and Harleys which is just like TGI Fridays but a dam sight cheaper, 5 of us ate there inc cocktails and filet steake for less than 100 Euros.

We only paid 625 quid for a late deal so was not expecting the Hillton and didn't get it, all I can say is you get what you pay for as a rule and that applies in this case.

Ps:

There are cockroaches (we are talking big here) and some of the rooms have them ours didn't thank god but they are there and not just in the hotel they were all over the place inc the town center so you have been warned.

Have fun we did but will stick to Cyprus and Florida next time.

1  Thank bigrigpilot
Reviewed July 29, 2006

After booking a bargain break to Tenerife, we wern't expecting 5* accomodation by any means, however what greeted us upon our arrival beggared belief!

Before we even reached the hotel, we were handed a note from the travel rep informing us the swimming pool was closed for maintenance, ok so they have to do maintenance, however as you can imagine, a swimming pool is a major part of any beach holiday, so had ruined our expectations from the start.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were shown to our first room, which was located directly above a huge 24 hour air conditioning unit for the shop below. On complaining, we were handed a handful of keys and instructed to take our pick of the rooms (obviously this is a regular occurance!). We explored the rooms available and found that we could take our pick from rising damp, falling damp from the leaking showers above, cockroach infested kitchens, apartments with wrecked and broken furniture, and even one that featured downright dodgy electricals, consisting of 2 bare wires poking through a plug switch!

As you will see from the pictures this is not an exaggeration of this truly dispicable hotel, which claims to be a 3* resort!!!

If you have made the unfortunate mistake of booking a holiday at this hotel, don't tough it out as we did, demand to be moved (we were advised Laguna Park 1 is a little better, but not much!)

This hotel gives the resort of Tenerife a bad name!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank koyli55
A TripAdvisor Member
uk
Reviewed July 4, 2006

This was our 3rd visit at laguna park 2. Two adults and 2 children, Cant fault it what so ever, we had clean towels every time the maid came round, Our youngest daughter loved the maid, and the maid took time out to talk to her on every call, even though she wasnt able to talk a great deal of english. we loved the cats! which came every morning for their milk. Pool was spotless, food at the poolside as good as ever, rooms are very basic, but if you get a great deal like we always do, whats to grumble about. we have stayed at other complexes, paid alot more, and they have not been up to standard of laguna park 2. we ventered out every night, and we must reccomend that you go and visit THE FULL MONTY, it is a taxi ride to get there, just ask the driver to go to THE FULL MONTY AT THE PATCH.!! all drivers know where it is, if your easily offended then dont go.!!! lol. See you next year laguna park 2.!!!!
p.s if you go to full montys, say hi to BIBA!! from rob and family in harrogate, .......

• Stayed: June 2006