“I'd never go back”
Review of Laguna Park 2

Laguna Park 2
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed October 31, 2005

I'm not long off the plane & thought it best to let you all know what you're letting yourself in for.. The weather is beautiful at this time of year & is what made the hoiday bearable. Disregard the people who've rated this complex 4 -5 stars..they must'va had too much booze :)

Unless you've been working out for some time before this holiday, taking your case down 5 flights of stairs unaided is not easy..neither is tackling a very steep, slippy, LONG ramp..then more steps..only to find that your key doesn't work. One man even had to have the hinges taken off the door to escape from his room.

My friend & I are over 60, but not dying yet (no thanks to laguna 2!) Perhaps if you are younger & fit, you'd have an alright time. However, if you have any trouble with your heart / legs / mind! give it a miss..

Everything you've heard about the cats, cockroaches, graffiti, broken beds & bad entertainment are all true. However, if you have a good sense of humour, you may survive this holiday!

Give it a go if you like, but don't say you weren't warned!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,121)

Reviewed October 28, 2005

We stayed for 10 nights in Laguna Park 2 in Sept. Sure the paths are a bit steep and can be slippery, but thats the way it is in Las Americas! We did not eat in the hotel, we went to the little restaurants up the hill. Both really nice, good food, £5 a head (what more do you want?). Oh, and yes it helps if you like cats. PS we paid £300 pp inc flights for the 10 days, we were happy with that.

Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank Dops
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I just spent a week at Laguna Park 2 with two mates for a drinking and relaxing holiday. The hotel was good, pool excellent, snacks not great, staff friendly but slow by the pool, entertainment good for families.

For the price paid the hotel and room was above average. A few cockroaches and cats, but hey, so what.

The weather was great and a trip up the mountain above the clouds is highly recommended. Taxis, were cheap, and shopping too.

Veronica’s strip was quiet. I recommend not travelling in October if you want all the action. We had a good time in Joyce’s bar (funny DJ), Bobby’s and Busbeys (empty, nice girls working there), Bonkers bar (fun & games), Linekers bar (expensive), Edwards (trendy), Yates (ok), Gas bar (all right for a giggle), Escape (empty), Sound of Cream (ok), Tramps (nice toilets) BabeWatch (top manageress, will play you at pool for a lap dance, and then take your money with a late game of Texas hold’em poker)

I may return again in peak season.

3  Thank Danarty
Reading England UK
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Hi my name is jemma. I got back from tenerife yesterday and had been there for 10 days with my best friend and her family. we stayed at laguna park 2. All i can say i think it was brilliant. The apartments were clean they cleaned our apartment everyday, we only saw one cockroach, and the pool was gorgeous. As for the walk yes it was steep but you need to do a bit of walking on holiday and we have all come back with toned legs! :O) what a bonus ay!? Anyway thats all im gonna say it was a good place to stay i really did think it was brilliant! lets just say Cheap and cheerful! :O)

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
newbridge south wales
Reviewed September 22, 2005

i went along with my 16 year old daughter and her freind of the same age at the end of july this year.
although it was only booked a week before we went we didnt know where we were staying. On arrival at the airport we were told it was the laguna park 11 not knowing anything about this place we were a bit excited as that added part of the weeks holiday. We heard a few moans and goans and thought what have we let ourselves in for, on arrival up the BIG hill and into reception , we then started our decent to our appartment. Yes we had a pool view which we requested.
the first thing was to go out and explore. then come back for a dip in the pool. The view from the top was very pleasurable has it made you realise how far up from sea view you are situated, but i must say we enjoyed the walks up the hill to gain access to the outside it sommehow made our holiday more fun. i must have at least lost a few punds.In all honestly having two 16 year olds on holiday i thought it was going to be hard work but all three of us enjoyed the entertainment on the site, being asthmatic i didnt venture out much if i could help it as my holiday was about relaxing by the pool. WE found the staff on reception and in general very pleasing.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2005

I read all the reviews on Laguna Park2 before I went & I was like most, really worried with all the bad reviews. Well I am glad to put people like me, mind to rest who are going.
I have just come back from Tenerife (09/09/05) & I don’t know what people were complaining about?? If you pay for a 3* your gonna get a 3* & it was an excellent 3*.
The pool was lovely & clean with plenty of sun loungers (as there were hardly any Germans). The rooms could do with a bit of modernising but they were clean enough. Towels were changed 4 times (there is a notice in the rooms telling people when the cleaners come & that there day off is a Sunday & a Thursday, so for those people who only went for a week thats probably why they didn’t see much of the cleaners)
We went for 2 weeks & could quite happily live there. I do have standards as I usually go to 4/ 5* hotels but I was after a cheap one this year as Im going on 3 holidays. I was worried with what I would get as I am use to such good standards.
Only saw one cockroach but we did take some RAID (cochroach killer) with us as a precaution & I think the dead one we saw was because we sprayed it all round the apartment every evening. Only saw 4 cats all holiday (2 of which were in the hotel) but weren’t pests!!! Quite nice actually, only came to you if you feed them so if you don’t want them or not just outside your room then they wont camp outside your room.

I will say we went self catering, so we didn’t try the hotels food but it looked ok. I think food abroad anywhere is a bit dodgy. I have had many bad experiences in excellent 5* hotels with food poisoning so you cant say its just the star rating. I don’t like tying myself to the hotel personally anyway!! I go abroad to experience the culture & the place so I don’t want to be stuck in the hotel all day anyway.
But if I did there is plenty at the hotel to keep you occupied, with entertainment every night starting at 8 with a kids disco till late. A different act every night, A BBQ, 2 bars (good prices), games & tv room if you don’t wanna pay for your TV (cus you do have to pay as well as your kettle, toaster, safe, fan) They have sports actives by the pool (though I never join in, it looked fun). The shop attached to the hotel is very reasonable no difference to the spar prices at the botton of ‘cardiac hill’ & has pretty much everything you need. We always bought from them instead of having to cart stuff up the steep hill.
Cardiac hill really is very steep, at 1st I thought what are people moaning about but by the 2nd week I was really a pain. But it kept me fit it’s not impossible as I am by all means not that fit but I actually ran up it once!! I would definitely not recommend the Hotel to anyone who is extremely lazy or has a physical disability as their are no lifts.
Taxis are cheap enough so the hill wont be a problem but the actual hotel itself has so many steps within the complex to get to the pool which is right at the bottom is a real trek!
Tenerife itself has plenty to do from young to old for families & couples. We tried veronicas strips its really not that bad certainly not like faliraki/ Ibiza!!!
But classier.
The only bad part on our holiday that spoilt it for us was the rep!!!!
He gives a great welcome meeting making him sound a fun cool guy who would love to help, & books these fantastic sounding trips, but the trips aren’t what he says they are & a real rip off. They cram you in like sardines & if your lucky the coach wont come at all like in one of our cases & your waiting around all day in the blazing sun wasting a day!!!
When I complained about it I didn’t even get a sorry!!
I seriously advise you to book your trip down by the harbour!! They are a lot cheaper they are all good quality as they rely on word of mouth, & they treat you well & don’t cram you in!!!
We went on some fantastic trips with them especially the Must cat (catamaran) cruise fantastic!!! 20 euros cheaper then SeaCat you get an hour longer, there was only 22 people on board as to the reps 50.
AVOID REPS TRIPS & im sure your holiday will be as good as mine.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank TracybigT
Birmingham, England
Reviewed September 10, 2005

We read the reviews about this hotel before we went away and were quite concerned, we got the idea from these reviews it was a hell hole, so we went with expectations of run down apartments ect. The people at reception where very friendly and helped us with queries we had later on that night. We made our way to our apartment and where pleasently surprised;we thought it was above the two star rating of the hotel. The view was amazing, to the right of the balcony (avaliable in every room) we could see all the mountains and to the other side a great view of the city and the sea. As for the cockroaches ITS TENERIFE they have cockroaches, its the same everywhere you go, if you can find a place in tenerife that can stop cockroaches getting into your apartments i take back everything i have said in this review. If you leave the doors closed they wont get in.
we saw a grand total of 2 cats all holiday no where near our apartment, bottom line is don't feed the cats and you won't get a problem with them. From previous reviews we got the impression that the swimming pool was at the bottom of the hill and down slippy hills ect, as for that we where in an apartment that was one of the furthest away from the pool and it was a couple of minutes walk away max. Its a small slope down to the pool and nothing to worry about. Even if it was miles away it is well worth it, its easily a 5 star pool, we couldnt believe the size of it, it really is massive, best pool i have ever seen in a complex.
On the last day when waiting in the reception a couple were moving to another complex because they were not happy with their room, they said they couldnt believe they had to carry their suitcases to their room, well helllooo its a 2 star hotel what do you expect, you get what you pay for and its not a five star hotel so dont expect porters (and im sure if you asked they would find someone to take your bags down anyway)
The only thing that we thought was odd was the rental of certain items but we already knew this before we went as we read the website. The TV is 5 euro a night but why do you want a TV you are on holiday. the fans are 10 euro for a week (no air conditioning) but we didnt even rent a fan and we were fine, even though it was quite hot.
As for "cardiac hill" we were expecting a mountain and it really wasnt, ok fair enough if you are walking from the beach to the hotel in the midday sun its a bit of effort but you can get a taxi for 2.50. We walked up it many times and never found it a problem.
The supermarket next to the hotel is excellent, fresh bread every morning cold drinks ect and at reasonable prices. Eating out is cheap and there is really great food we recommend Chaplins (as many free shots as you want after your meal, within reason!) but there is a whole strip of bars and restaurants to chose from located along the beach front or along the main strip before the beach.
overall the impression we got from reviews was pretty bad, but we can safely say you will have a brilliant holiday just like we did!

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
#48 of 61 in Costa Adeje
#30 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Apartamentos Oro Blanco
Apartamentos Oro Blanco
#21 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Laguna Park 2? Share your experiences!