“Cheap and cheerful hotel for a cheap and cheerful price!”
Review of Laguna Park 2

Laguna Park 2
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed at the Laguna Park 2 hotel from 2nd July-6th July 2009 with 12 of my friends (ages range from 20-50). After reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor I was very concerned about our stay but was pleasently surprised.
Hotel amenities - The hotel has a large pool which is surrounded by plenty of sunbeds. As I said before there was 13 girls in our party and we were always able to find a sunbed each at all times of the day. There is a bar/restaurant area next to pool, serving very nice food (although a bit pricey). The hotel has a shop which sells everything from food and drink to smellies! (The shop is quiet expensive so I would recommend taking a short walk down the hill and over the flyover to a small hypermarket which is much cheaper). The hotel has a restaurant and bar area. Although we started each night having a drink in the bar we didn't partake in any of the activities and we didn't eat in the restaurant so I can not comment on these.
Rooms - My group had 4 rooms between us. Two of the rooms had a door one end of the room and a balcony the other so although we did not have air conditioning we were able to create a through draft. The other two rooms however only had windows/doors on one side of the room which looked out onto communial walkways. This meant my friends were unable to leave a door open during the night and the rooms became very stuffy. I wouldn't say the rooms were very clean but they were far from being dirty. Throughout our 5 day stay we only saw 4 cockroaches between us all, in our rooms (very good for Tenerife!).
Location - I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who has walking difficulties. A friend of mine was on crutches and found it very hard getting around the hotel and the surrounding area. However there were always taxis waiting outside the hotel entrance which were very reasonable. The pool is at the bottom of the hotel and the entrance is at the top so either way you need to walk up and down hills. The actual hotel is again situated at the top of a hill, for anyone who does not have mobility problems the hill is not too steep to walk up and down, even in heels! If you like water parks then this hotel is ideal for you as its next door to one. We went to the waterpark on a Friday and it was half empty so very quiet.
For those of you who like to spend the evenings at Veronica's prepare yourself for a long walk or a taxi journey. The first evening we decided to walk to Veronica's - it took about 40 minutes (ok in flats but not in heels!!). The rest of the time we got taxis. The taxis cost between 10-12 euros each.
The beach is at the bottom of the hill and takes approximately 10-15 minutes to walk to.
There are numerous bars and restaurants along the beach and main road adjacent to the beach so there is no need to wander anywhere near Veronicas if it is not your scene.
Overall I would agree that the hotel was not up to the standards of a 4 or 5 star hotel but this is why it is classified as a 2 star! For the price we paid to stay in the Laguna Park 2 hotel we were all very happy with the hotel and I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TiaMaria82
There are newer reviews for Laguna Park 2

Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend & another couple. When we got there we were quite impressed considering what we had heard. It was very clean & tidy & we got what we paid for. The only bad thing was that there was no air con & it was too hot!!!
The pool is great apart from it has salt water...it has a lovely little water fall & the entertainment team always have things for every1 to join in with. Kids Club looked really gud too for people with kids. we made friends with another couple who were staying in the apartment next door. we went out on our first nite with them & got back to find we had both been broken into...the windows in the bathroom have one piece of mesh in which had been pushed through & they had goten in through there. we had got a safe so we had nothing taken but next door didnt get one & all of their money was taken!! the reception staff did try to help but the language barrier made it difficult. they got the police involved who took statements from the two ppl living there & got forensic people the next day. there were witnesses who know exactly who it was & could identify the man...but we could not tell the police or any staff because they didnt understand so the man got away with it. he was a PR from Bobbies bar!! Anyway...they moved us to different rooms which were much more secure & we enjoyed the rest of our holiday. That was the only part of the hoterl which i didnt like, the ack of security. But they are making changes ti that so it should be all safe soon.
Oh & the hills were a nightmare!! Even the one from the pool!!
The man who waits on the corner of the hill which you walk down to get to the shops is called Andy. He takes you in his mini bus to his restaurant anout 5mins away & brings you back when your finished. This is great because you dont have to walk anywhere ...even better for people with kids & push chairs because i wouldnt like to think i was pushing a pushchair up that hill & in the restaurant theres a bouncy castle 7 play area for the kids :D...the hotel is not that expensive...but it is cheaper to go out...down the bottom of the hill theres a restaurant called Chaplins...the food is really nice & chaep...Only 3euro for an english breakfast & any drink....& about 8euros for a 3 course meal!!
I would reccoment for people to go to Siam Park...good for little kids too, Loro Park was amazing too & the monkey park was good too...remember to take bannanas though...voodoo was good too...Jumping Jacks is run by a tosser so dont go there but every where else is good...only wnt to the beach once but it was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Fantastic Low Budget Holiday. Was a bit worried after reading reviews on this hotel but was more than pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The Apartment was clean and spacious. All that we really were looking for. The Maid service was great. The swimming pool was brilliant and never had to worry about getting a lounger no matter what time of day you arrived at pool. The entertainment was satisfactory, although it did start pretty late for kids (10.00 or 11.00pm). But Hey Ho.... you are on holiday, does it matter when they go to bed???? Never ate at the restaurant so cant comment although had a few snacks from poolside which wer pricey but I think thats just the going rate these days. The cardiac hill wasnt quite as bad as I was expecting but due to being a generally fit family, it helped and taxis were very affordable. The beach was only a 10 minute walk away to get there. 20 minutes back (the hill, of course).
Would defnitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I've just returned from a week in Laguna Park 2 as part of a group of 7 blokes aged 22/23. We flew with Jet 2, thus had to arrange our own transfers to the hotel at 5 euros each in a taxi. Arrived at hotel and with 10 mins we had keys and were in our tidy, spaceous and clean rooms. Very efficient staff throughout our stay, also friendly and helpful. Pool is fantastic, always clean and plenty of room to swim and play around as its massive. We either ate out everynight or cooked ourselves so cant comment on the restaurant however we often used the pool bar and it was cheap and decent enough for what it was. The supermarket at the front of the hotel stocks most things and is well priced. Our only downfall with the hotel was security. Our room got broken into and cameras, wallets, ipods taken. We were in an odd numbered room and we noticed that the doors on that side weren't as secure as the even numbers. If you can, ask for an even numbered room as there much more secure no matter what row your on. Alternatively get a safety deposit box, i know i will always do that from now on!
Its a 3 star self catered complex so dont expect luxury but for the price we paid we were over the moon with it. I would say its ideal for young groups male/female and groups of couples. Not really ideal for romantic couple holidays or older folk as its noisy at night as well as a the pool.
Anyway enough negatives, had a fantastic week and cian park was wicked. Id upload our photos but with the camera going missing....!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2009

i stayed at this hotel with my mum and brother it was there 1st holiday and i was not impressed with the service at reception on arrival the guy gave my the keys and we had to try and find our way to the apartment struggling with 3 big suitcases down loads of steps with no help what so ever ! when i booked the holiday all they showed was the best bits of the hotel like the pool and the restuarant and the apartment ! they didnt show all the steps that you have to climb to get from the bottom of the pool to the top to the reception which was over 80 steps ! i went all inclusive and i was not impressed with the food at all it was the same food night after night and the same food each morning for breakfast the food left over from diner the served up cold in the night and i was disgusted with it it wasnt my 1st holiday but its put my mum and my brother off now they wanted to leave there after th 2nd day because they were so disgusted with the serveic and all the steps and the food ! most of the workers were very ignorant the only polite ones were in the resturant ! i would not recomend this holiday for people with walkin dificulties or in wheel chairs as they dont accomadate for these type of people what so ever !

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I have just recently got back from tenerife with 3 of my friends!!! We were on a girly holiday and had a fab time!!!
Before we went we had read the reviews on here and holiday watchdog and had seen some pretty awful pictures, so we werent sure what to expect.
The hotel was lovely! We arrived later on at night and the man on reception sorted everything out as quickly as possible for us and gave us good directions to find our apartment!!
When we got there we were pleasently surprised on how nice the room was, how big the balcony was and how nice are view was!!!
We had a slight problem with the keys because they gave us too many and so we ended up locked out but we went to reception and they sorted it out for us and that was that!!!
It is on a hill which for elderly or disabled people wouldnt be very practical but for familys couples, friends anyone else would be fine for!!! It is a nice walk and not a far walk till you reach 24hour supermarkets a couple of bars and restaurants.
The food is very nice and well priced 7euros for 3 course meal isnt something anyone can complain about!!
The nightlife was good although the strip was abit of a walk away it was a nice walk and didnt seem to take that long!!! The strip is far enough away that it doesnt keep families, couples and elderly people up but not too far for us party goers to walk to :). The disco in the hotel was always busy and everyone seemed to enjoy the kareoke!!!
Overall the holiday was fab i would definately go back and stay here!!!
Well worth it and is a Bargin!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We arrived at approximately 4-00pm. The girl on the reception seemed really nice, we were given our keys and went off to find our apartments. When we got there we found that they had only allocated 1 two bedroomed studio apartment to the 4 of us (Myself and 3 teenage kids). We left the luggage in the said apartment and went back to the reception to enquire about the other apartment for my two daughters. The girl on reception was polite and helped us out but they had to move us to another part of the complex which meant trailing the heavy bags across the complex in the searing heat which was very unpleasent to say the least.
Once we had found our new apartments and I might add we were pleasently surprised, they were quite nice ones at that, we decided to go and have a look around the site. When leaving our apartments for the first time, my youngest daughter complained that she couldn't close the door so my son went down to give her a hand, as he pulled the door shut he virtually chopped the end of his finger off, as the handle was so close to the door frame it trapped his finger. There was a lot of blood and I eventually got him up to the reception where I asked for a medical kit, to my astonishment I was told to go to the supermarket and buy one (This was from the receptionist). As luck would have it there were three A&E nurses awaiting their taxis to the airport, one of these girls dressed the wound and told him he must keep it out of the pool for the first week. I then returned to the reception and asked the receptionist if I could enter the accident in the accident book, only to be told 'no', she had decided that the accident was purely my son's own fault and therefore wasn't allowing it to go in the hotel's accident book. I thought this was disgraceful but if only I knew what was yet to come.
On only the second day there my three kids went off down to the pool to have a swim and sunbathe. My older daughter is cursed with a large chest and she hadn't been at the pool side long when this silly little boy who must have been about 13 years old started ridiculing her and making immatture gestures to her about chest, this tirade went on for about twenty minutes until my daughter had simply had enough and pushed this cheeky little so and so into the pool. She returned to her apartment and got ready to go out for our tea. Whilst we were waiting in the reception we were confronted by this scruffy looking man who claimed to be the owner of the hotel and he began screaming and shouting at my daughter about "her hitting his son" which was complete rubbish. He was ranting and raving so much so that everything he said, he spat out, he was disgusting and to make thing worse, it turned out that he was indeed the owner of the hotel.
After this encounter on only our second day of a fourteen day stay, my daughter refused to go anywhere near the pool or reception again, she virtually became a prisoner in her own apartment. I don't need to tell the people reading this review that these two incidents will be the ones remembered about our time at Laguna Park 2. Steer well clear!!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
#45 of 59 in Costa Adeje
#32 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Blue Sea Callao Garden
Blue Sea Callao Garden
#4 of 4 in Callao Salvaje

Been to Laguna Park 2? Share your experiences!