“Worth the money”
Review of Laguna Park 2

Laguna Park 2
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Clean and cracking for the money. Food was well presented and plenty of choice for me and both my boys aged 18 and 2.
Rooms were cleaned every other day, along with friendly staff.
Maybe a slight challange for the elderly due to the stairs and the hill in the hotel itself, but out side there is a free bus that runs on time. Due to having a small child we were placed by the pool which was handy.
Reception staff gave us a detailed map of how to get to our room also, again taking the stress away with a small child.
Well worth the money!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Robert J
Marie Clare T, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Park 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review.
We are very happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed your holiday and teh facilities we offer at Laguna Park 2.
It is very rewarding for our hard working team to know their efforts and care are appreciated.
We look forward to the oportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

As always I read the reviews before I left and approached the hotel with an open mind.

I went to Laguna Park for a mini break away for 3 nights before Christmas, I asked for a room with a sea view which I got.

Reception at check in were friendly enough and gave me a quick whats where guide.

I found my room easily and it was fine, not the ritz but alot better than I expected for the price I'd paid.

I didn't eat in the hotel as there is so many restaurants near the beach to try.

The shop is a little over priced but not rediculously.

Cardiac hill as its become known in reviews is a tad on the steep side and can't imagine it being nice in the height of summer but its not as bad as some make out by any stretch of the imagination. Its about 10-15 mins walk down to the beach.

Loro Parque was definately worth the visit and I would love to go back again.

All in all I enjoyed my break here, probably wouldn't come to this hotel again and would opt for one closer to the beach in future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Lisa J
Marie Clare T, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Park 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your mini break in the sun with us.
We hope to welcome you back in the future to either of our hotels, Laguna Park 2 or Laguna Park 1.

Wishing you a very happy festive season,
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed for a week 5th Dec 12.

For a 2* it was exactly what was expected - you get what you pay for. I read so many negative reviews but mostly unfounded in my experience. A holiday is what you make it and we had a fab time.

Cardiac hill was all it lived up to be and i loved it, had plenty of daily exercise.
The view from the top of the hotel was lovely.
Our room was clean and had all we needed knowing we were in a 2*. Housekeeping services came every other day - no complaints whatsoever (far from it). Nice big balcony too!
The shop was very handy and had all you needed.
Breakfast served at the pool bar was excellent.
The staff at the pool bar and in the late bar were brilliant. The day time events coordinator was lovely too! And Sally Ann (the sun care advisor).
On the odd occasion we were in the bar for the entertainment before we went out it was great - the parrots were just fantastic!!!
Did not experience or did not hear about any robberies as per some reviews on here.
The beach is just a short walk - and very nice too.

The bad points:-
-The sunbeds fell apart when you tried to adjust them - not good!
-The shower ran cold after 5 minutes - this was the worst thing in the world for me!!!! I did inform reception but still not resolved.
-The music by the pool was soooo repetitive - my friend asked them to change the CD one day after it had been played for 9 times!!!! 'sort it out'!!!!

Room Tip: If you don't want noise, don't book a room right near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MT10
Marie Clare T, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Park 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is always very rewarding for our team at Laguna Park 2 to learn our guests have had a good holiday with us.
Our aim is that all our guests return home refreshed and relaxed, and to ensure this we are constantly reviewing the services and facilities we offer our guests.
All comments and suggestions are very welcome and enable us to develop and improve the services we offer.

Kind regards and have a very happy festive season,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went away on the 9th Dec for 1 week in the sun. The hotel was basic but clean, stayed bed and breakfast and I have to say great choice of food from full english to cereal, fruit and yougart. I would def stay here again, there was a walk too and from the beach and town centre but this is not a problem so long as you are not lazy. Overall I would come back and stay here.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chris A

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to provide a good and relaxing holiday for all our guests and it is truly rewarding for all our team to know we are succeeding in this.
We look forward to welcoming you again to Laguna Park 2.

Kind regards and wishing you a Happy Festive Season,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went for a weeks Holiday and the Mrs was bugging me that something silly and cheap would do the job. Now I've been the Tenerife before and stayed in Granda Park which was great however have heard that they only do all inclusive now which I didnt want and think is a little foolish, but I don't run the place so I don't really care. Laguna built on a hill so if you are a little older i would try to say clear it is difficult to get from the pool to recep. The apartments are fine, not great but what do you expect for something cheap and cheerful. There are loads of spanish on the complex who are friendly enough so gave me the oppurtunity to speak away YEEOO :) It cost around 8 euro to get a taxi to the town and back and you are about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the beach. There is loads to do in Playa de las Americas recommend the place for everyone, old, young, relax Party its for everyone. One thing I would say is go to a resturant call Little Italy just out from the main streets of Playa de Americas. Best resturant in the CITY we went 4 out of the 7 nights. I would fly back just for a meal there. I'm beggin them to deliver :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joey4815

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share it with the Tripadvisor community. The team at Laguna Park 2 are very happy to note that you enjoyed your holiday with us and we do hope you will return to Tenerife soon and choose to stay with us again.

Our Best Wishes for the Festive Season,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just spent a week here, third time we have stayed here and had a fantastic time. Made a mistake on my booking and booked an all inc studio instead of apartment but after emailing the hotel to ask them to change it for a cost we were given a free upgrade with an apt right at the pool. Cooked breakfast and pasta,pizza and burgers for lunch with all inclusive drinks which included cocktails. We ate out each night as we like to go to different bars and restaurants at nights, but the food was fine at hotel, apt was clean and we had our beds and towels changed three times in the week. Recommend the Irish rover for a great nights entertainment only 3euros for a taxi back up the hill. My only disappointment is the condition of the sun-beds, many of them broken and very difficult to find ones that have an adjustable back on them. Think it is time for the laguna to invest in new ones. Will definitely be back again next winter.

Room Tip: Nearest to pool and restaurant so don't need to climb stairs too often
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann592
Marie Clare T, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Park 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are really happy to learn you have enjoyed your holiday with us for a third time running.
The team at Laguna Park 2 look forward to welcoming you back and would ask you send a quick email to us to let us know when you will be returning.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very clean hotel food excellent good service weather hot id go back tmoz .staff Very helpful also entertainment on every night even for kids this hotel is fat the best in Tenerife 4 value.pool is also cold but biggest in Tenerife só was Happy t chill by pool every day was 25 degrees só hot was Nice an no rain

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mike2877
Marie Clare T, Guest Relations Manager at Laguna Park 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us. It is always rewarding for our team to learn their hard work is appreciated and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to Laguna Park 2.

Kind regards,
Marie Clare Tillman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
#47 of 60 in Costa Adeje
#4 of 4 in Callao Salvaje
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
#43 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Laguna Park 2? Share your experiences!