“Good budget hotel”
Review of Laguna Park 2

Laguna Park 2
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I too have read the terrible reviews about this hotel so was a little wary. Our stay worked out at around £18 a night per room. So its safe to say its a budget hotel. And it is. But its a decent budget hotel and we enjoyed our stay here. The staff were helpful, the rooms were pretty comfortable, although a bit dated, and all the ammenities were open. There is entertainment on every night and some of it is pretty good, and the disco goes on till about 1.30 to 2 o clock. One or two reviews suggest the pool bar food is bad but we tried it twice and it was very good, but I cannot speak for the all inclusive food because we were self catering. As for the break ins and thefts reported on here, we heard of none. We even left a 5 euro tip for the maid on cleaning days but she never once took it. The hotel is on a hill and there are quite a few steps to negotiate but my disabled mother in law managed to get around so it cant be that bad. The trip down to the pubs and bars cost us 3.05 euros each way so there is no need to face the steep hill if you dont want to walk. You can rent a telly card for about 20 euros for the week, an iron for 15 and the safe is 20. We found the hotel pretty quiet at night so slept well, although if you have a room near the entertainment you will probably be able to hear it, so maybe ask for a room near the pool. There is also a decent supermarket on site which sells papers beer and pretty much everything you could want. Theres a launderette as well. And internet access in reception, i think it was 1 euro for 15 mins. To sum up, if you want upmarket pay a bit more, if you would rather spend your money on holiday when you get there then consider staying here. If you have any questions send me an email through this site and I will try and answer it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 7, 2011

My girfriend and I stayed at Laguna Park 2 for a cheap spring break. I previously stayed at this hotel on a 'lads' holiday 3 years ago. I was rather shocked to see how much things appear to be going downhill.

When we arrived I wouldn't say we had the warmest welcome from the receptionists. When we made it to our room we were greeted by a disgusting smell from the fridge and a room in complete darkness. However, this was soon rectified after a complaint was made.

We stayed at this hotel on an All Inclusive basis. The food was ok for the first couple of days but soon became very tasteless, and we ended up eating out for the rest of the week. The bar service in the evenings is nothing short of a disgrace. It was as if the staff didn't want to serve you if you were All Inclusive, and would check to see if you had finished your drink before serving another.

The All Inclusive bar finished at 10.30pm and the entertainment didn't start until 11pm - a good way for them to get into your wallet after a few drinks!!

The main point I would mention about these apartments is the lack of safety. On our last day we found out that there had been 44 break-ins - in a week!! Yes, you've read that correctly - 44! I overheard one person complaining to reception that he had been broken into and they didn't even want to know. I'm just glad that we only found out about this when we were ready to head home. I reckon it has to be the staff doing the breaking in, and the management are too niave to notice this - either that or they are in on the deal!

My advice is to stay away from this place if you, like everyone else, are looking for a safe and care-free holiday.

Oh, two good things - great weather and massive pool!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScottHawick
Reviewed April 7, 2011

myself and my girlfriend have recently returned from a week long stay here and didnt find anything we were not expecting.we were all inclusive and as people have said the majority of bar staff were ignorant and miserable and made you feel cheeky asking for a drink!.The breakfast was good with good choice of food and drinks but the 2 days we popped in to look at dinner and tea we found it to be terrible with little choice and just not even worth tasting when an all you can eat buffet is only 8 euros!.
Cannot fault the maids and the hotel surroundings as they are always cleaning and keeping it tidy and changed our towels and sheets every other day,tho hot water was an issue as we had none!good job we had great weather and a freezing shower wasnt too bad.
We went there expenting the hill so was no surprise and we are young so wasnt too bad but i would not look at this hotel if you have difficulties with walking.At the bottom of the hill there is lots of friendly bars and restaurants.id recommend cocktails at harleys and dinner at verdes italian.all in all we had a great week in costa adeje and didnt let miserable hotel staff spoil it,in the end we enjoyed getting drinks so we could laugh at there faces when they saw our wristband,hence no tips.

Room Tip: id recommend if you can get it cheap like us
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blackpoolthomas
Reviewed April 6, 2011

In my opinion this resort was never a 3* standard. we were in apt G20 for 2 weeks. I killed cockroaches 12 nights out of 14 and twice during the days. the patio frame was ful of mould the room smelt of musk and for 3days a sewer was worked on outside the apt. Repeated approaches to the reception desk was met initally with good words, but after the second time were met with shrugs and pretence that they never fully understood english. We've been going to various resorts in the area for 11years at least 2 a year most times 3 times and NEVER come across these conditions. The pool bar had 2 overhead loud speakers which were so loud that nobody could sit there to eat in comfort. The young bar person would turn it down on request then after 10mins ease it up again. there was a quick path thro' the garden to the Las America, with a sign on the gate saying that on Sat & Sun evening the gate would be shut. This access cut out a very long steep to the main entrance, however after 2 days there someone (unidentified) continually locking the gate, reception were useless to stop this. I contacted Thomson wrongly, however they identified Global Late Deals as who arranged our accommodation, I tried to use their complaint system but have lost the booking reference couldn't complete the input information to claim back some costs, but if you can't complete the system there is no tele contact or letter for complaints.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank veryangrycaithness
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend in march this year, having read other reviews i was so scared of the cockroaches but I only saw two in the whole week I was there and that was in the bushes around the hotel. I kept reading reviews about this horrible hill and thought it wouldnt matter because I can get a taxi but the hill is inside the hotel!!! It is an almighty mission to get from your room to recepton and get out! A great big uphill slope and two flights of stairs it left me panting for breath everytime. The pool is absolutely freezing i didn't see anyone swim in it the whole week and it's suppose to be heated!
the worst thing about this hotel though is the showers, the water eiter comes out scaling hot or freezing cold, and when i say scalding I mean it would burn you alive, you have to let it run cold before getting in it.
On the plus side though the staff are really friendly speak good english and the maid service was brilliant, they came nearly every day and left the place gleaming.

Room Tip: Get a room close to reception
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I just returned from Tenerife last night so wanted to get this on screen ASAP.. ..Food ..breakfast was excellent throughout our stay and lunch/dinner was not bad for the first 4-5 days then it took a dive ! rabbit and sausages any way you want .. Being all inc, means nothing when trying to get a beer from Mohammed at the pool bar .. this guy was something else .. talk about being slow and cheeky he wouldn,t last 5 mins in a bar in UK .. Michael the barman in the Disco bar was not much better.. both of these guys would not serve you two drinks ie a beer for me and a seven up for the Mrs .. the Mrs had to be standing beside you at the bar... very frustrating I must say .. Then there is the music which blares from 9am till 6pm at the pool area .. so forget about trying to have a nap at the pool or a chat in the disco bar from 7pm ..when I say music well it,s like nothing I,ve ever heard before ..While the Mrs was checking in I had a quick look around the lobby and the 1st thing that I noticed was that there were no signs up for the likes of Thomas Cook, Thomson or indeed for any holiday company and no wonder . When we got to our room it was easy to see that our room had been broken into before as makeshift repairs were easily seen on patio door lock . A few days later several rooms had been robbed , 1 UK couple were robbed during the night while in bed ! another couple lost everything while at dinner.. One has to hire a safe at 20 Euro for the week if you want to put your valuables away .. HOWEVER the main problem with this hotel is it,s location - it,s on the side of a mountain /hill and please believe me it is high up so if you have any health issues re lungs, heart, legs/feet Do Not go to this hotel.. and don,t think that not leaving the hotel is going to help you because it is still a hike from basically any room to the pool or dining room . Honestly this hotel is for teenagers only and even some of them would not agree , it is not a family hotel either as humping push chairs and kids up and down to your room or pool will leave you a mental and physical wreck..

Room Tip: Stay clear !
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovesalaugh
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Well, what can i say, bloody holiday hotel from hell. When we arrived there was no customer service, just where is your paper work, YES!, your room is DOWN the hill, on the right. we stayed on an alll inclusive, what a joke, bar staff were very rude, they only wanted to serve you if you had money in your hand, hoping for a tip!!!!! which we normally dont mind giving. you had to hire a kettle, and rent the TV, which did not work, and they could not be bothered to fix, so we had our money back. they would only serve one drink at a time, even though they new there was 4 of us. there was a little boy who had poo pood, on the floor by the poll, no word of a lie but it was there 4, 5 days, not once did any member of staff come and collect cups, glasses ect, from around the pool, thank god we met a couple, who were very nice and we could go out and have a laugh with, the room was full of damp, the only polite and friendly staff there was the guy who done the day time entertainment and disco. i would never recomend this hotel to anyone, it has been our worst holiday.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
#47 of 60 in Costa Adeje
#4 of 4 in Callao Salvaje
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
#43 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Laguna Park 2? Share your experiences!