“close to perfection”

Europe Villa Cortes
Reviewed November 19, 2013

we stayed a week at the villa cortes on half board and,to us,it was very close to the perfect holiday experience.
It couldnt have started any better,because on arrival, we were upgraded to the mazatlan suite. No need to say the room was just great! Great master bedroom,big living room,large bathroom,etc... but the nicest feat was a very large roof terrace with a four-poster bed,sun loungers and the most incredible seaview...There was also a large balcony overlooking the shopping street but in all honesty,we didnt use it...
Housekeeping was very good with nice turndownservice before bedtime...
As our roof terrace was so comfortable to relax in the afthernoon,we only spent a little bit of time at the pool to cool down. The pool is allright,water a bit cold.Very good service by the friendly poolboy.
The restaurants at the hotel were all very good,not perfect,there were some bizarre little mistakes...
Nothing wrong with breakfast tough! Everything you'd expect(cava,showcooking,beautifull olivebread,...) and of very good quality served by genuine friendly staff. BTW I was very impressed with staff all around the hotel! Even the manager( a very warm and friendly man) came to say hello every day at our table and tried to speak a few words in dutch.The first day when we met him,he asked us where we were from. The rest of the week he greeted us allways in our own language.This shows he really cares about his guests.
For lunch you can go to la sirena or the beachbar. La sirena is a more quiet place to sit and relax,beachbar can be very busy but portions are bigger there. We preferred la sirena because waiting times at the beachbar were too long.
We had dinner once at the pancho villa restaurant on Mexican night with live music.Very good.
The other nights we had dinner at the Tiziano gourmet restaurant. You can tell they really work hard to try to make this the highlight of your day. 9 times out of 10 they succeed. We had some really beautifull dishes,standards were very high except for the apetisers. They lacked inspiration. And then they make unexplainable mistakes: first we got a dessert(tiramisu,i believe) that was still frozen in the middle,the other night they forgot to give us our 2nd course (after i mentioned it to the head waither,we got it after our 3th course,so problem solved...:-) ) and on Spanish night we ordered paella ( offcourse!) but this paella was so dissapointing( blend,sand from the mussels,chewy rabbit...). Spanish restaurants in Belgium offer much better paella than this version we got in Spain.
If all the other dishes hadnt been so good i would have complained but they got away with it.

Overall we had a fantastic holliday in a great hotel and we will def return on our next trip to Tenerife.

Room Tip: Mazatlan Suite!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wimair
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Europe Villa Cortes, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your detailed opinion on Tripadvisor. It is always important for us to read the opinions of our guests, in our work to improve the service offered to our customers.
We are delighted to know that you felt so confortable in our hotel.
On the other hand, we are sorry about the points that didn’t reach your expectations. We’ll definitely take all of your comments into account in order to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Europe Villa Cortes

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have just had 9 nights B&B in the Europe Villa Cortes Tenerife. The staff were very helpfully. When we said the bed was a bit firm within 2 minutes we had a momery foam topper.
The hotel has a mexican theme.
The breakfast had everything you could think of, the man at the egg station was very inpressive to watch making omelets and using a blow torch on fried eggs.
The manager came around every morning at breakfast to have a word with the guests which was very nice.
The grounds of the hotel outside and inside were very large for the number of bedrooms that you never felt on top of other people very spacious.
We had a very enjoyable stay, and we can not wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you like sun on you balcony you better ask as not all balconys have sun.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Val H

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your opinion on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to see that we reached your expectations and that you enjoyed your time in our house
Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon in the Europe Villa Cortés.
The Management Team

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Been back from Villa courtez about 3 weeks. It's my third stay. It really is a lovely hotel. It is perfectly positioned. The food is good. The staff are very attentive the rooms are excellent. What I have noticed is that things are slipping. The pool and pool area are getting shabby. There is decking around the pool area if you want an afternoon nap in the sun forget it. The decking is crecking really bad. When someone walks past it wakes you up it's that lound, it need replacing. If you like to keep fit don't stay here. The gym is terrible. I went on the running machine for 30 seconds and it threw me off. It has a bad/home multigym and about 10 kids weights. Very poor for a 5star hotel. My only other point is the darkness of the hotel indoors. The rooms are dark and the corridors are the same. But give it a try I am just being honest you may think different.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richh1020
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Europe Villa Cortes, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear guest,
We want to thank you for choosing on your holidays and sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed on your stay with us.
We will hardly consider your remarks because we are very concerned on our clients welfare.
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel and show our passion for our work.
Best regards
The management team.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in suite for 8 nights with 2 children. The room was a little dated, however I'm not sure if that was by design with the mexican theme. The bathroom was a weak point with not great fittings and the shower being quite poor. However the beds were comfortable and there was enough space for us. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was a buffet served in a quite dark little room on the ground floor, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Due to this we didn't try any of the other restaurants in the resort so can't comment on them.
The hotel is not particlarly child friendly, the kids pool is small with little to keep the attention. I think it's more tailored to couples or older children.
Not sure if we'd go back. Loved the location for the surf break but other 5* hotels in Tenerife are better for families.

Room Tip: Ensure you get one of the larger balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anthony_L74

Dear guest,
First of all, thank you for writing us such a detailed comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and we wish to thank you for your open words, which help us to constantly re-evaluate ourselves to improve our product and services.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back once more and show you our passion for our industry.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This Hotel is superb and so close to all the attractions. I stayed B&B and have to say that the Breakfasts were second to none and special mention should go to the staff who attend to your every requirement. Just watching the eggs being cooked by the wonderful chef is a delight to behold. The Hotel is very quiet and luxuriously decorated and I could not fault the bedroom facilities. The room service is excellent and the food is cooked to perfection.
It is without doubt a Five Star Hotel but I was somewhat disappointed due to my experiences. I paid in advance for both collection by the Hotel from the airport upon arrival and also for extended check-out. At the airport there was nobody to meet me as arranged and, on the dot of 12 noon on the day of departure I was telephoned in my room to be told that I must vacate my room immediately. Add to this a disastrous experience at the Beach Club where the female waitresses were, quite frankly out of their depth serving orders to the wrong tables and ignoring requests to order and settle bills. People waiting simply walked away in desperation. So different to a few days before when the male waiters were in attendance and the service could not be faulted.
Before I settled my account I related my experiences to the Reception staff who asked the Director, Ricardo Cáceres to speak to me. Ricardo Cáceres is a lovely congenial man and is deeply committed and passionate about ensuring that guests receive the ultimate in service at all times. After discussing my complaints he explained that they are in the process of switching computer systems which accounted for the call to vacate the room and, in regard to not being collected from the airport he very kindly cancelled my prepaid charge and arranged for a Taxi to the airport for my return flight at the Hotels expense. In view of this I will, most certainly visit again.

Room Tip: Third Floor, Sea view and not above Restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bonypart

Dear guest,
First of all, we want to thank you for choosing Europe Villa Cortes on your holidays. We love hearing that we reached your expectations about our hotel. It is always important for us to know your feelings as it helps us to improve our offer and services.
Related to your issues, we are really sorry for the inconveniences and we love knowing that they were solved.
We hope to see you again soon in Hotel Europe Villa Cortés.
Best regards
The management team.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have just returned from another fantastic 2 weeks at Villa Cortes. This was our ninth visit and we are about to book our tenth. Over the past 15years we have stayed in many hotels in Tenerife but once we found Villa Cortes have never gone to any other. The location, accommodation, breakfasts and the service are just perfect.

Many of the guests are repeat customers who keep coming back year after year. You are treated more as friends than customers.

This is a very well managed hotel and the Director, Ricardo Caceras spend a lot of time talking to his guests and ensuring that everything is satisfactory.

If you are thinking in visiting Tenerife, I would absolutely recommend Villa Cortes.

James & Lorraine Middleton

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jim655

Dear James and Lorraine,
First we want to thank you for choosing once again Europe Villa Cortes for your holidays in Tenerife.
Your words about our hotel and staff are really beautiful. They make us work harder in order to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just returned from our fifth visit to the Villa Cortes in three years. This hotel excels on every count. Location......it is in easily the best location in the area. Facilities....... Excellent. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The food and service are superb. The staff are friendly and helpful and remember guests from visit to visit. We found many were just like old friends......Erika, Francisco, Ion, Manuel, Marion. Johan, and Anna to name but a few. The manager Ricardo Cáceres was his usual helpful self and our room left nothing to be desired. What really touched us was that having an underlying medical condition I was forced to send for the doctor and allow an ambulance to be called in the early hours of the morning. I was admitted to hospital and kept on a drip for three days. The experience was something else and I would advise good travel insurance at all costs! Mr Cáceres brought my wife to hospital and came to see me and advise. My daughter and granddaughter arrived the next day and again the manager made them comfortable in our suite at no cost for board or breakfast during the rest of that week until I was ready for home. This was at considerable expense to the hotel and we feel it would never have happened in any other hotel. I appreciate the kindness of the owner and manager and staff. I have to say that on this occasion we got more than we paid for. I hope we are able to go back in the next six months or so without the fear of hospitalisation. In the meantime I heartily recommend the Villa Cortes and all the staff and just want to say a big thank you once again. Ivan & Audrey Gordon. Northern Ireland

Room Tip: No matter whether a sea view or a street view the rooms are excellent. A street view is charming and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ivangordon

Dear Ivan and Audrey,
First of all, we hope you are better now.
Thanks for sharing your comment about Europe Villa Cortés and our team on TripAdvisor.
Our mission is the welfare of our clientes.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Best regards.
The management team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#4 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador
Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Europe Villa Cortes? Share your experiences!