we stayed a week at the villa cortes on half board and,to us,it was very close to the perfect holiday experience.
It couldnt have started any better,because on arrival, we were upgraded to the mazatlan suite. No need to say the room was just great! Great master bedroom,big living room,large bathroom,etc... but the nicest feat was a very large roof terrace with a four-poster bed,sun loungers and the most incredible seaview...There was also a large balcony overlooking the shopping street but in all honesty,we didnt use it...
Housekeeping was very good with nice turndownservice before bedtime...
As our roof terrace was so comfortable to relax in the afthernoon,we only spent a little bit of time at the pool to cool down. The pool is allright,water a bit cold.Very good service by the friendly poolboy.
The restaurants at the hotel were all very good,not perfect,there were some bizarre little mistakes...
Nothing wrong with breakfast tough! Everything you'd expect(cava,showcooking,beautifull olivebread,...) and of very good quality served by genuine friendly staff. BTW I was very impressed with staff all around the hotel! Even the manager( a very warm and friendly man) came to say hello every day at our table and tried to speak a few words in dutch.The first day when we met him,he asked us where we were from. The rest of the week he greeted us allways in our own language.This shows he really cares about his guests.
For lunch you can go to la sirena or the beachbar. La sirena is a more quiet place to sit and relax,beachbar can be very busy but portions are bigger there. We preferred la sirena because waiting times at the beachbar were too long.
We had dinner once at the pancho villa restaurant on Mexican night with live music.Very good.
The other nights we had dinner at the Tiziano gourmet restaurant. You can tell they really work hard to try to make this the highlight of your day. 9 times out of 10 they succeed. We had some really beautifull dishes,standards were very high except for the apetisers. They lacked inspiration. And then they make unexplainable mistakes: first we got a dessert(tiramisu,i believe) that was still frozen in the middle,the other night they forgot to give us our 2nd course (after i mentioned it to the head waither,we got it after our 3th course,so problem solved...:-) ) and on Spanish night we ordered paella ( offcourse!) but this paella was so dissapointing( blend,sand from the mussels,chewy rabbit...). Spanish restaurants in Belgium offer much better paella than this version we got in Spain.
If all the other dishes hadnt been so good i would have complained but they got away with it.
Overall we had a fantastic holliday in a great hotel and we will def return on our next trip to Tenerife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5* Gran Luxe Hotel, located in the south of Tenerife Island, just in front of the Atlantic Ocean, separated from the beach only by the sea promenade. Each of our rooms and suites are exclusively decorated with Mexican elements, which enhances further the personalized environment.Enjoy also our rich gastronomic offer and discover various types of international cuisine like Mexican, Bavarian, European cuisine and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Europe Villa Cortes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europe Villa Cortes Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Europe Hotel Cortes
- Villa Cortes Tenerife
- Europe Villa Cortes Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas