“Great location for surfing”

Europe Villa Cortes
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in suite for 8 nights with 2 children. The room was a little dated, however I'm not sure if that was by design with the mexican theme. The bathroom was a weak point with not great fittings and the shower being quite poor. However the beds were comfortable and there was enough space for us. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was a buffet served in a quite dark little room on the ground floor, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Due to this we didn't try any of the other restaurants in the resort so can't comment on them.
The hotel is not particlarly child friendly, the kids pool is small with little to keep the attention. I think it's more tailored to couples or older children.
Not sure if we'd go back. Loved the location for the surf break but other 5* hotels in Tenerife are better for families.

Room Tip: Ensure you get one of the larger balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anthony_L74
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Europe Villa Cortes, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear guest,
First of all, thank you for writing us such a detailed comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and we wish to thank you for your open words, which help us to constantly re-evaluate ourselves to improve our product and services.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back once more and show you our passion for our industry.

There are newer reviews for Europe Villa Cortes

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This Hotel is superb and so close to all the attractions. I stayed B&B and have to say that the Breakfasts were second to none and special mention should go to the staff who attend to your every requirement. Just watching the eggs being cooked by the wonderful chef is a delight to behold. The Hotel is very quiet and luxuriously decorated and I could not fault the bedroom facilities. The room service is excellent and the food is cooked to perfection.
It is without doubt a Five Star Hotel but I was somewhat disappointed due to my experiences. I paid in advance for both collection by the Hotel from the airport upon arrival and also for extended check-out. At the airport there was nobody to meet me as arranged and, on the dot of 12 noon on the day of departure I was telephoned in my room to be told that I must vacate my room immediately. Add to this a disastrous experience at the Beach Club where the female waitresses were, quite frankly out of their depth serving orders to the wrong tables and ignoring requests to order and settle bills. People waiting simply walked away in desperation. So different to a few days before when the male waiters were in attendance and the service could not be faulted.
Before I settled my account I related my experiences to the Reception staff who asked the Director, Ricardo Cáceres to speak to me. Ricardo Cáceres is a lovely congenial man and is deeply committed and passionate about ensuring that guests receive the ultimate in service at all times. After discussing my complaints he explained that they are in the process of switching computer systems which accounted for the call to vacate the room and, in regard to not being collected from the airport he very kindly cancelled my prepaid charge and arranged for a Taxi to the airport for my return flight at the Hotels expense. In view of this I will, most certainly visit again.

Room Tip: Third Floor, Sea view and not above Restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bonypart

Dear guest,
First of all, we want to thank you for choosing Europe Villa Cortes on your holidays. We love hearing that we reached your expectations about our hotel. It is always important for us to know your feelings as it helps us to improve our offer and services.
Related to your issues, we are really sorry for the inconveniences and we love knowing that they were solved.
We hope to see you again soon in Hotel Europe Villa Cortés.
Best regards
The management team.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have just returned from another fantastic 2 weeks at Villa Cortes. This was our ninth visit and we are about to book our tenth. Over the past 15years we have stayed in many hotels in Tenerife but once we found Villa Cortes have never gone to any other. The location, accommodation, breakfasts and the service are just perfect.

Many of the guests are repeat customers who keep coming back year after year. You are treated more as friends than customers.

This is a very well managed hotel and the Director, Ricardo Caceras spend a lot of time talking to his guests and ensuring that everything is satisfactory.

If you are thinking in visiting Tenerife, I would absolutely recommend Villa Cortes.

James & Lorraine Middleton

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jim655

Dear James and Lorraine,
First we want to thank you for choosing once again Europe Villa Cortes for your holidays in Tenerife.
Your words about our hotel and staff are really beautiful. They make us work harder in order to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just returned from our fifth visit to the Villa Cortes in three years. This hotel excels on every count. Location......it is in easily the best location in the area. Facilities....... Excellent. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The food and service are superb. The staff are friendly and helpful and remember guests from visit to visit. We found many were just like old friends......Erika, Francisco, Ion, Manuel, Marion. Johan, and Anna to name but a few. The manager Ricardo Cáceres was his usual helpful self and our room left nothing to be desired. What really touched us was that having an underlying medical condition I was forced to send for the doctor and allow an ambulance to be called in the early hours of the morning. I was admitted to hospital and kept on a drip for three days. The experience was something else and I would advise good travel insurance at all costs! Mr Cáceres brought my wife to hospital and came to see me and advise. My daughter and granddaughter arrived the next day and again the manager made them comfortable in our suite at no cost for board or breakfast during the rest of that week until I was ready for home. This was at considerable expense to the hotel and we feel it would never have happened in any other hotel. I appreciate the kindness of the owner and manager and staff. I have to say that on this occasion we got more than we paid for. I hope we are able to go back in the next six months or so without the fear of hospitalisation. In the meantime I heartily recommend the Villa Cortes and all the staff and just want to say a big thank you once again. Ivan & Audrey Gordon. Northern Ireland

Room Tip: No matter whether a sea view or a street view the rooms are excellent. A street view is charming and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ivangordon

Dear Ivan and Audrey,
First of all, we hope you are better now.
Thanks for sharing your comment about Europe Villa Cortés and our team on TripAdvisor.
Our mission is the welfare of our clientes.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived superb service.... Lovely room and comfortable beds, absolutely fab pool, nice international mix of guests, breakfast superb.

The Director is a charming, happy and passionate man and was visible to us most days - stopping by to say hello at breakfast.

The hotel is in a fantastic location and the beach club is also fab. Agree staff under pressure at peak times.

I will definitely be returning... Just one thing.... Us English do like our tea & coffee making facilities in the room please?....

May I wish you continued well deserved success.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoWilli62

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor. It is very important for us to know the opinions of our clients.
We love to hear that you enjoyed so much in our hotel and we will take into account your remark about the facilities..

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We returned home on Tuesday 8th October having spent ten days in this wonderful hotel - the only Mexican hotel in Tenerife. When we arrived we found we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite which was fabulous in every way! The staff are fantastic and absolutely spoil you completely - nothing is too much trouble for them and they are all so polite and friendly. Breakfast is a gastronomic feast and superbly presented and is seved form 7.00am until 11.00am - so no need to rise as dawn breaks!

We also dined twice at the hotel in the evening which we enjoyed immensely as the Menu and and Wine List are extensive.

The decor of the Hotel is truly Mexican which further adds to the ambience.

Hope to revisit in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Amanda P

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very detailed comments about our hotel. We are delighted to see that we reached your expectations and that you enjoyed your time in our house.
We work every day to improve the service that we offer to our customers
We hope to welcome you back soon in the Europe Villa Cortés.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed in the Villa Cortez about eight times now. The staff are great and remember us each time we return and have our favourite room ready for us. The quality of furnishings are not like any other Spanish 5 star hotel, they are much better. The pool area is never crowded even when the hotel is full. The breakfasts are great and we usually go to local resturants at night for variety. There are plenty of walks nearby and it is really convienient for shops. Brilliant!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank buzz2447

Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing Europe Villa Cortés on your holidays once again. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed so much your stay with us.
We hope to welcome in your ninth visit soon.
Best regards
The management team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#4 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador
Jardines de Nivaria - Adrian Hoteles
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Europe Villa Cortes? Share your experiences!