This really is a first class hotel and unlike similarly rated hotels, really does deserve 5 stars.
I stayed there on a half board basis and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
There is a feeling of quality throughout the whole hotel and the staff were very pleasant, helpful and tried their hardest to make my stay enjoyable.
I suspect a great deal of thought goes into every detail of planning and running the hotel.
The furnishings have a Mexican theme and are best described as older fashioned yet sumptuous.
The rooms are all slightly different and probably half as big again as a normal hotel room, with a good size terrace. A very large modern TV, sofa, table and chair. Large, spacious bathrooms.Beds are large and comfortable. No detail has been spared really.
Location is central and excellent. The hotel has it's own private beach, a spa and a large outdoor pool (not heated).Sunbeds are luxurious and there are free pool towels.
Buffet breakfast is excellent and will suit various tastes, eggs are made to order.
As the hotel has only 151 rooms there is a quiet, relaxed feel about mealtimes with enough staff there to serve efficiently.
If half board, it is waiter service (not buffet) and a choice of 4 items for each course. The quality of the food is remarkable (a bit like fine dining) and is far better than the normal buffet food at similar hotels. There are also 2 special theme nights included on half board and they were excellent quality.
As there is no entertainment during the day or night, there is always a feeling of quietness and calm.
They have a kids club but I am not sure how busy it would be, as I suspect it mainly caters for couples.
Wi-fi is available free in the lobby but is 10 euros if you want it in the room. That is about the only downside to this hotel.
I have stayed at and reviewed the Cleopatra nearby, and thought that was excellent, but this hotel really is hard to beat if you want superb luxury and excellent service.
All in all, while not perfect for everybody, this is about as good as it gets for 5 star hotels.
Interestingly, I used a lot of taxis while there and all the taxi drivers thought this was the best (and most expensive)hotel in Playa de Las Americas.
There are some good deals online where half board is similarly priced to B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5* Gran Luxe Hotel, located in the south of Tenerife Island, just in front of the Atlantic Ocean, separated from the beach only by the sea promenade. Each of our rooms and suites are exclusively decorated with Mexican elements, which enhances further the personalized environment.Enjoy also our rich gastronomic offer and discover various types of international cuisine like Mexican, Bavarian, European cuisine and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Europe Villa Cortes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europe Villa Cortes Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Europe Hotel Cortes
- Villa Cortes Tenerife
- Europe Villa Cortes Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas