“Slick operation”

Scuba Diving Multi Dives in Playa de la Americas
$149.35*
Diving Course in Playa de las Americas
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua-Marina is a well established PADI 5 Star dive centre located right in the heart of the tourist area of Playa de las Americas. We offer boat dives in our RIB up to 3 times per day, returning to the harbour each time so that you have ultimate flexibility. Divers new to Tenerife are frequently amazed by the quality of diving here, with its basalt rock formations and marine life of the Atlantic Ocean. Let us pick you up from your hotel in the morning for the perfect relaxing start to your diving in Tenerife.
Greater London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Slick operation”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Would be lying to say it was the best diving experience under the water not very colourful however we did see dolphins, whales, turtles, rays, rocks & more rocks.
Dive centre very well run operation all the staff very helpful & friendly nothing was to much trouble & would fully recommend to anyone diving in Tenerife.

Anthony

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tourist2008
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Anthony, thank you very much for your recommendation of our dive centre, despite being a bit disappointed with the diving. It's true that the water does not get quite warm enough for lots of colourful coral, but nevertheless we enjoy the fantastic marine life of the Atlantic Ocean and the amazing basalt rock formations.

Sancerre, France
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Professional instruction and guiding”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My 2 sons and I dived with Aqua-Marina in April. I'm AOWD and was there mainly to accompany my 17 year-old son for his OWD referral dives. My 11 year-old son did the "Discover Scuba" introductory dives.

All of our dives were enjoyable, staff were helpful and knowledgeable. The only negative I would say is that I found the waiting time a bit long (30 - 45 minutes) in the dive center waiting to depart, which may be due to the number of divers present (our boat had 11 or 12 every time).

Otherwise a very enjoyable experience. I can definitely recommend Aqua-Marina and I plan to return again this year or next.

1 Thank Zuluquebec
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we value this feedback. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dives and will be back, but note that we must try to do better on timekeeping.
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Top Notch Dive Centre”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

An excellent professional and friendly Dive Centre, in a great position close to the beach.
All staff were fun and friendly and above all professional.
Safety is a key word with these guys so you are in safe hands
I completed the DPV speciality in the morning and by mid afternoon had my Email from Padi confirming completion..
Thanks to all for making the diving fun and for the use of the 3mm vest your advice for 7mm wetsuit was correct.
Thanks will be back again.

Visited April 2014
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi Steve, thanks very much for your review. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the DPV specialty and had some fun along the way!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely team, excellent dive centre”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband organised this online with Madge and Ines, who were superb communicating with him over email and helping us organise some dives for us and my father ahead of travelling out there. Richard took my hubby and Dad out and they came back very pleased with the whole experience. 2 days later my hubby and I went along, and Richard looked after us, kitted us out, talked us through the trip, the plan and made us feel very relaxed. Can't say anything but positive stuff about these guys. The girls were lovely, Richard was lovely and the other guys were friendly and funny - lots of banter with other divers who'd evidently been doing diving with them over past few days! At the same time, they were very professional and serious when required e.g. briefings, getting us and equipment on and off the boat etc..

We hadn't dived in a number of years prior to this trip, although we are qualified PADI OW advanced certified (having kids has paused our diving on hols, so we took advantage of having their grandparents along!). I was a little anxious having not dived in a number of years, so Richard was great in refreshing my memory and getting me familiar with the equipment - he was incredibly patient and lovely with me once in the water, ensuring we didn't go down until I was happy to, encouraging me to stay on surface as long as I needed to and checking on the way down that I was okay - wanting me to remember why I liked diving when I last did it! I can't thank Richard enough for his patience, we had a lovely dive and he diverted my attention to a huge Sting Ray when we were down there, amongst other things., AMAZING! The diving gear was in very good condition, i.e. wetsuits, masks, fins, BCDs, regs, and tanks. They told us in briefings that they wanted to know when we got to certain points of air levels and additionally checked under water how much we had.

Aqua-Marina in Tenerife is a great dive centre if you're in Los Cristianos, Playa de las americas or anywhere nearby there. Big thumbs up, or rather double okay signs, from us! Thanks to all staff who helped and looked after us.

Kerry & Mark, Cambs

Visited April 2014
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hi Kerry and Mark
Thank you so much for the great review, especially your comments about Richard who is the newest member of our team. It's great to know that you can now resume your diving with confidence - subject to the availability of babysitters of course!
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“TOURIST TRAP!! Do not go”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

What a waste of money & time. I'm an advanced and experienced OWD. Horrible attitude from staff, they have zero patience, their equipment is in horrible shape (seriously, you CANNOT have a dive center with such terrible equipment!! It's unsafe!!)
There is a whole lot of testosterone being thrown around, a whole lot of ballsy talk by the guys who work there, but they are just terrible. Please find a better place to go diving!!!!!

9 Thank Firouzeh1
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Well, Firouzeh, it is quite clear that you certainly are disappointed with your experience with us. I know that Madge was in touch to offer a refund when she first heard your complaints by email this morning (for some reason 11 days after your dive) however we are at a loss to understand how your impressions of our kit and staff are so very different from every other reviewer. We would respectfully point out that you are not an experienced diver, with a total of 16 logged dives, 9 of which would have been training for your OW and AOW certifications under the direct supervision of a PADI professional. Perhaps with more experience of different dive centres your views will change.

As your last dives were in the Red Sea in July 2013 using aluminium tanks you may be unaware that steel tanks are prone to rust spots where chips in the paint occur, however all of our tanks are hydro tested and repainted every 3 years and visually inspected each year. The regulators are inspected each day and replaced annually. Our BCDS are also inspected each morning and maintained as required. Wet suits are replaced as and when required. The servicing and tank testing are recorded and available for inspection at any time. Had you made your complaints whilst here we could have shown you. We constantly receive compliments on the condition of our equipment and are therefore amazed at your comments that our equipment is unsafe. We assume that this is due to your experience level and the fact that you did not enjoy your time with us.

You also made various references to the staff attitude, patience, and testosterone. Well I personally was around the dive centre that day - certainly there was the normal banter among the staff and other customers; in retrospect you were probably a little anxious which may have led you interpret it incorrectly. At this point one of us should have noticed it and given you some more attention. As you will have seen from our website Guestbook and Trip Advisor our staff are constantly praised for their knowledge, patience and professionalism. We are all very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Lastly, your husband and your father-in-law did do a dive together and both seemed very happy.

Steve Knight