“Old Friends” 5 of 5 bubbles

$78.99*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving, Playa de las Americas
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua-Marina is a well established PADI 5 Star dive centre located right in the heart of the tourist area of Playa de las Americas. We offer boat dives in our RIB up to 3 times per day, returning to the harbour each time so that you have ultimate flexibility. Divers new to Tenerife are frequently amazed by the quality of diving here, with its basalt rock formations and marine life of the Atlantic Ocean. Let us pick you up from your hotel in the morning for the perfect relaxing start to your diving in Tenerife.
Blackpool, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Old Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've dived with Aqua Marina for years and keep coming back for more.

I've watched them go through a number of changes and everyone has been for the better.

As a returning customer I often meet divers I've dived with before and know all the staff well so it's like a home from home.
I was lucky to get there twice this year and we're looking forward to returning early next year, hopefully.

They cater for all abilities and needs from beginner to technical diver. Disabled divers are very welcome and Aqua Marina are very experienced in that respect.

Having watched the instructors and guides working with students I think it's a great place to learn to dive.

Visited October 2013
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear ScubaDoobaDo!
Many thanks for taking the time to write this fab review! I hope by 'old friends' you mean friends you've known for a while and you're not commenting on Steve's age!

Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excelent dive place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

These last days of September I must say we lived the thrill of our first dives with Aqua-marina after completing our Padi OWD in Romania.

Great diving places, gained lots of experience in medium currents as well on some sites. Lots of fish.

incredible staff, very nice people.
Saying hello to everyone and personally thanking Andy and Eugenio for tutoring us to dive safely while enjoying this incredible world.

All the best!

Definitely recommending this dive-center for a great vacation. Did 5 dives in total (you get a very good discount for hitting 10 dives which was easy as a couple)

Hello Sorin,
Thanks for your review and for recommending others to dive with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both and guide you on your very first dives since qualifying. Your excitement and enthusiasm were catching!
London, England
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Best Dive Operator in South of Tenerife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'm a returning Diver to this place. This time with my wife. We had 2 days diving (4 dives) with Aqua Marina in September.

We found them, once again, to be efficient, friendly, multi-lingual, good value for money and above all safe.

Highly recommended. Not the cheapest operator, but with way and above the best facilities. Huge kit rooms, washing facilities, disabled access, all sorts of kit for hire (in good repair as well). Why go anywhere else?

Visited September 2013
Hi Liam, it was great to see you again with that dry dry humour! We felt quite honoured that you chose to bring your lovely wife to Tenerife and hope that we will see much more of you both in the future.
Moscow, Russia
923 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 751 helpful votes
“Good operation, just count some extra time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

After doing my OWD and checkout dives in fresh water I was more than eager to try and do it in the ocean. From amongst many dive centres we chose this one and we were happy with our choice. It's close to the beach so you can easily walk the few steps with your gear on. Your instructor or divemaster and skipper Pete will help you with moving the gear along the ship. I was a bit apprehensive before my first dive as it was my first sea dive so I was very happy to learn that my husband and I were alone on the 14.30 session. Andy, our instructor, explained everything and always let me take my time and go at my own pace. He showed us amazing marine life around and made this dive a real blast for me. Next day he was joined by the divemaster Emma, who was very enthusiastic. Overall we were very happy with the staff and treatment at Aqua-Marina and I can highly recommend their services.

The only downside is that you have to count about an hour extra to get ready and onto the boat, especially if there are more people in your group. I understand people are on holiday and want to chill, but it makes me frustrated to see I'm there on time, all geared up and I have to wait for another four people who arrive late and need a lot of time to prepare. We usually have a busy itinerary and therefore I found this a sad waste of time. However, as I said, people who are on holiday and have all the time in the world probably wouldn't mind that much.

Overall, with a very good location compared to other divecentres in Playa de las Americas, great team and very good state of the rental gear, I can recommend Aqua-Marina to other divers.

Visited September 2013
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Tina, thank you very much for your detailed review. It is true that most of our customers like to take their time preparing for the dive and first of all make straight for the kitchen to make a tea or coffee. We normally leave around 35-45 minutes after the meeting time but on occasion we may have divers who take a little longer to kit up, as I heard happened on your second day. I can understand that this is frustrating if you have a busy agenda and want to get on with the dive. Perhaps if you visit us again (and we hope you will) we can agree a slightly later arrival time for you?
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We dived with Aqua Marina for 4 days in September 2013. The dive center is well equipped and spacious, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable and we were taken to a good variety of dive sites.
The center also arranged our accomodation which was really handy for access to the dive center although it was very basic (which they had advised us of beforehand). The only thing for us that was a bit of a downer was when we were guided by only divemasters we were herded along like sheep and they insisted that the whole group stayed together to wait for the photographers, perhaps when these divemasters have a little more experience they will realise that this is not that good for non photographers and could split the group up accordingly.

Visited September 2013
Aqua-Marina_Diving, Owner at Aqua-Marina Dive Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Many thanks for the feedback. We will definitely be looking into this.