“Totally relaxing week”

Spring Hotel Vulcano
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and by far the best.This time we had upgraded to a room with terrace and sunbeds as we find the pool area a little cramped although the reserving of sunbeds had now stopped and beds seemed to be available at any time of the day.We had asked for a particular room and was allocated the one next door which really pleased us.Staff were excellent as always and so was the Thomson rep who was pleasant and rang our room to see if everything was ok as we didn't go to the welcome meeting.The hotel was full so the dining room was very busy and although the staff worked hard at clearing tables, some were a little too quick!One one evening we had just filled our wine glasses before we went for dessert, leaving my bag and serviette on my chair, only to find on returning our table had been cleared.When speaking to the waiter in question he just apologised and brought our wine bottle back but the glasses had been emptied.
I must mention also that we found the beds to be the most comfortable we have ever slept on...we have taken photos of the make of the mattress to see if we can obtain one in Britain.
Apart from that minor blip in the dining room this was the best holiday we have had for a long time and we usually have 3 per year.
We are looking forward to returning again later this year.
Many thanks to all at the Vulcano, and we will see you again soon.

Room Tip: rooms with the extended terrace are well worth the upgrade
2  Thank sunshinefreya
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your nice and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m very proud reading your kind words concerning your recent stay with us and I’m also delighted that you rated your holidays as the best for a long time and that we were able to satisfy your expectations again.

It’s nice that you appreciated the room, the standard of the cleanness, the new rule in the swimming pool area and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was our third visit to the Spring Vulcano and once again top marks food staff cleanliness all excellence will be going again in November. Great walks and superb position, good that their is no sun bed saving with towels on a morning , didn't get there in time for evening meal but gave us voucher for a lunch in the restaurant to make up for it ,another bonus is the spring hotel discount card top marks

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff W

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your third stay with us and that we were able to satisfy your expectations again, especially concerning the location, the standard of the cleanness, the food and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind words; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit in November.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

(661) Just back - our 2nd time at the Vulcano, and again, a great holiday.
The hotel tends to be favoured by your more mature holidaymaker with few youngsters around.
It is ideally situated for local amenities, restaurants (if you prefer to eat out) and the beach front for walks.
The hotel is clean, the beds comfy and the staff friendly and helpful.
The buffet style set up provides a good choice of food at mealtimes.
There are additional costs in the standard rooms for use of the safe.
Don't forget to ask for your Spring Club card (discount card) as soon as you can, because this gets you a discount (15%) off the cost of drinks and food.
If you like a good walk, head off to La Caleta along the sea front. Very scenic and great views en route. When you get to La Caleta head round to the cove where you'll find some nice restaurants for lunch. You're then looking at a 2 hour walk back (or take the bus) with 1 or 2 stops at the watering holes.
Happy days!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gonabe

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you spent great holidays with us and that we were able to satisfy your expectations again.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the location, the room, the standard of the cleanness, the variety of the food and the staff attitude. I will share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from the Vulcano Hotel having stayed there for 11 nights. What can I say wrong about the stay, absolutely nothing. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by polite, courteous staff, who made us feel special. We had paid for and received a premium room which was everything we had expected. The decor inside the hotel was that of a rain forest effect with tropical trees and shrubs everywhere, the cleanliness of the hotel was superb, the choice of meals in the restaurant were fantastic with something for everyone and the cabaret choice at night was of a good holiday standard. The only slight criticism was the system in place round the swimming pool as regards the reserving of sunbeds. The system was good in as much that no sunbeds could be reserved which alleviated the need to get up at the crack of dawn to put your towels out, but there were a few people who ignored this rule and tried their luck. Some of these people were allowed to get away with it some weren't. I think the rule should be across the board and everyone treated equally. Also I think the rules could be relaxed after 11am as I spoke to one lady who had left her sunbed to go back to her room to collect something only to find that her towels had been removed upon her return. I put my towels out once around 10.30am and went to the toilet but was told by the female attendant that I had to go to the toilet first before putting my towels down although there were other sunbeds nearby that had been reserved and appeared to be overlooked. This was only a slight niggle but not enough to put me off from wanting to return as overall the hotel was spot on and led to a very enjoyable holiday. I give the hotel 100%.

Room Tip: if you can it is worth paying the little bit extra for a pool view room
1  Thank brian1006_12
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you spent a very enjoyable holiday with us and that you rated the hotel as fantastic.

It’s also nice that you noticed the “green theme” in the hall, the standard of the cleanness, the entertainment and the variety and quality of the food.

I’m sure that our team will appreciate your compliments, especially concerning the staff attitude.

I’d like to thank you for the suggestion concerning sunbeds and towels in the swimming pool area. We are doing our best to let know to the guests the rule and to make respect it without being unfriendly.

Thank you once again for your nice review, your kind words and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Hi Went to Vulcano with my friend on 21st April, and thought it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. On entering we were impressed by the botanical inside garden. Check in at reception was quick and having asked for a 6 or 7th floor rroom got one no. 697 It had lovely views on the left was the sea and the bright lights of the centre and on the right side another view of the sea on the Veronicas side. It had two good size beds and a two seater couch, a 32" tv with only Itv 1 and BBc WORLD news. It had plenty of closet space . Now the safe is on hire for €2 per day, towels €1 per day and fridge €1 per day, but the whole package can be had for €24 for 6 days for the two of us. Now the food was really good Roast Beef Joint, Salmon twice, Steak 3 times
Roast Pork Joint, Fish, all in Show cooking. There was also a large variety of salads cold meat and smoked salmon and tuna a couple of nights . There was also 2 soups every night and a huge variety of cakes and jelly and ice creams as deserts also crackers and a variety of cheeses Really good food The breakfasts were the usual and also very good and there was champagne on Sunday morning There has been complaints about the beds around the pool saying that they were all in a row with canopys over them There was no shortage and you could move the beds backwards and forwards so your legs could get a bit of colour and then your top. worked out well. We also played bingo one morning and did the aerobics on 3 mornings nothing too strenuous and which we enjoyed. Overall it was a very good holiday and the staff of the hotel were very obliging and pleasant. . Would really recommend this hotel. Also there is a s
Spring card which you sign up before you go which gives you 15% off your total bill for your drink at your meals or in the bar which is charged to your room no. every night and paid for at the end of your stay. The area around the hotel about 5 min walk away is full of expensive shops and a fountain of lights. Entertainment at night was only average. Bit of dancing until 10 and then a different act or singer. until 11.30

Room Tip: The room 697 was quiet large with sea views on both sides but did not get the sun until about 3 in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank micratoyota
springhoteles, Public relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor and for recommending the hotel.

I’m glad that you spent very good holidays with us and I’m also proud that you rated the hotel as the best where you stayed.

It’s nice that you appreciated the location, the “green theme” in the hall, the room, the entertainment, the food and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

Concerning the variety of British TV channels, I’d like to assure you that actually we are doing our best to expand the selection.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Perfect location, excellent staff. I stayed here because there were not to many English, but a nice mixture of nationality's. I am English but when I am on holiday I like to meet other nations. The hotel I found to be stunning both inside & out. Located near to Los Cristianos & Veronica's strip, I found it to be ideal for both shopping & quiet one way or partying & drinking the other. I did not eat at the hotel as they said I had to wear trousers or longer shorts, this I did not mind as there were plenty of good local restaurants close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Brent K

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel in a perfect and ideal location as well as it’s nice that you rated our staff as excellent. I’ll share your compliments with the entire team.

I regret that you couldn’t able to eat at the hotel during the evening, as we can provide to our guests long trousers. I do hope for the next time you will try also our restaurant in the dinner, as many guests appreciate the quality and variety of the food.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

On arrival at hotel, we were allocated our room quickly by reception, despite the fact that there was quite a long queue. However, we had to return later to hire the fridge and pool towels. Management may wish to consider including these in the overall cost of accommodation thus reducing the administration costs. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms, but these could also be hired. My first check in any hotel in which I stay is the quality of the beds. I was delighted to find that these were modern and firm - a necessity for anyone with back problems. Dinner on the first evening was delicious with plenty of choice and I can report that this standard was upheld throughout our stay. It is significant to note that WiFi advertised as "free" in the lobby only worked intermittently. Also there was only 1 English channel available on the TV network. While these may not be important to some holiday makers, as it rained quite a lot during the day at the weekend, the poor quality of these services was highlighted.
Our room was not cleaned until the afternoon during the first 2 days. I spoke to reception about this and they in turn spoke to Housekeeping, who resolved the problem and we had it cleaned when we went down to breakfast. We enjoyed the entertainment provided on most evenings, but when it didn't suit our taste, we were spoiled for choice within close range of the hotel.
The staff were all very courteous, and we would return to the hotel as my overall assessment is very good.

Room Tip: Probably more economical to pay for a superior room than take a standard one and have to hire the e...
2  Thank jackslybacon
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor and letting us know your opinion.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rated the hotel as very good.

It’s also nice that you found the bed very comfortable and the staff very courteous, which could satisfy you about the time of the cleanness in your room. I will share your compliments with the entire team.

I’m sure that our management will appreciated your suggestion concerning fridge and pool towels, as well as we are doing our best to expand the variety of TV British channels after UK satellite changes. At the moment we are able to provide BBC1, ITV1, BBC World News and Premier League and Champions League football matches.

I’d like also to inform that actually we are improving the Wi-Fi service with the aim to cover the fully hotel.

Thank you once again for your kind review and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.