“not so sunny balcony!”

Spring Hotel Vulcano
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a very pleasant Hotel. We had a pool view room for which we paid an extra £300 plus (Room 352) included in this price were pool towels and a safe.
I e mailed asking for a quiet room with a sunny balcony and received a pleasant reply assuring me that they would try to oblige. We managed the quiet part but the sun only arrived on the balcony at around 4pm-4.30pm if at all. So if this is your remit then make sure you are not given a room on this side of the Hotel at this time of year (Feb) The room itself was pleasant enough ,
clean and had a good shower with lots of hot water, and comfortable beds. HOWEVER we could have saved most of the 300 because pool towels and safe could be hired for about £30.00
and we would have had the morning sun in the room opposite. We paid 4 Euro per day for tea making facilities a small bottle of water 4 teabags 4 coffee and 4 tiny milk sachets. plus numerous sugar/saccharine and herb teas that we never used. I asked for extra milk and was refused and so was obliged to buy water tea and milk.. I know we would have paid much more in a café but it was more the convenience of having Tea when we wanted it. The food was good at Vulcano and the service. I can recommend staying there just remember these tips.

Room Tip: Some pool view rooms don't get much sun only the most expensive ones. higher up rooms seem to g...
2  Thank Gorgran
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor and for recommending the hotel.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the hotel, as you rated as very pleasant, as well as it’s nice that you appreciated the room, especially the standard of the cleanness, the shower and the bed. I’d like to apologize if you couldn’t take advantage of the sun from your balcony during the morning and the early afternoon. I would like to suggest, in your next request, just to remind your situation to our front desk manager, who always does her best to satisfy our guests’ expectations, although we cannot guarantee the exact room number.

I’m also delighted that you noticed the service and the quality of the food. I’ll share your compliments with the entire team.

I’m very surprised by your words concerning tea and coffee facilities, because there is any problem to provide extra milk with the kettle. I assure you that I’m personally checking this fact and the worker that refused your request will be retrained.

Thank you once again for your review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

So pleased to see there is no reserving sunbeds, towels and belonging DO get removed if no body on bed,well done management keep it up. All ares are spotless and staff freindly,food hot and varied,dinning area does get very busy and tables very close together,could do with larger dinning area. Only one disappointment NO English channels on tv,management say they trying to sort,hope so as there was a lot of people not happy,not good for the hotel,as all local bars had it.bathroom in our room needed updating,shower in place of bath would be good and more practical as clientele are over 60's. Look forward to returning in October.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms get sun most of the day.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel, especially the location, the standard of the cleanness, the variety and the quality of the food and that you found our staff friendly. I’ll share your compliments with the entire team.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the new rule concerning sunbeds reservation in the swimming pool area, especially because it was a suggestion in your last review.

I’d like to thank you for the feedback regarding the dining room. I’ll report it to the management.

Concerning the TV English channels, it’s not our fault if the BBC changed the rules, but I assure you that we are checking daily new solutions, of course legally, with different companies to provide the best quality and variety of foreign channels, a part of Premier League and Champions League football matches which are weekly in our entertainment program.

Thank you once again for your kind review and for your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the next autumn.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have stayed at this lovely hotel many times and each year more family and friends join us for the great food lots of choice very clean rooms and public areas .In Aug 15 family are looking forward to our stay to celebrate a special family birthday ,where better to go than our fav hotel the supper Volcano.

Room Tip: A pool room is always good .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela H
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor concerning your stay in the last summer.

I’m glad to know that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel as you rated as lovely and that we were able to satisfy your expectations again.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the standard of the cleanness and the variety and the quality of the food. I’ll make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

I’m glad to read that you will spend with us your next special family birthday in the next August. Please, for any kind of information or request don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the next summer.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a two week stay in the hotel vulcano. Lovely hotel, food is great and there is plenty of choice. We went half board as thought we would eat out but we were so impressed with the choice we eat in restaurant nearly every night. Hotel is spotless clean and very well kept. Pool area also very well kept and had no problem getting our sun beds. Staff friendly, entertainment on every night what more could you ask for. Close to all shops, bars and resturants so very handy. Will definately be going back. Dont have one complaint. Well done Hotel vulcano. :0).

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sophieandemilie
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel that you rated as lovely, and I’m sure that our team will appreciate your kind compliments concerning the location, the swimming pool area, the standard of the cleanness, the variety and quality of the food, the nightly entertainment and the staff attitude.

Thank you once again for your nice review; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We returned to Vulcano for our second visit and it was excellent.. We now have the Spring Card which gives 15% discount off your bar and pool bar bill and also discounts at several local shopping outlets. I liked the way you have a 'tab' and pay at the end of your holiday. The staff were outstanding and very welcoming. The evening entertainment is varied with and we particularly enjoyed the tribute bands and Jeff Leyton. The new rules around the pool regarding the booking of sunbeds seems to be working well and we never had a problem getting a bed in the afternoon after returning from a walk. The location of the hotel is great - very central to bars, shops, beaches and the promenade. The restaurant is busy but well managed and the food is very varied. We have been home a week and have already booked for next February. Says it all!!!

1  Thank Linda G

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted to read that we were able to satisfy your expectations again and that you rated your visit as excellent.

It’s nice that you appreciated the location, the service in the restaurant, the variety and quality of the food, the evening entertainment and the new rule in the swimming pool concerning sunbeds availability.

I’m also glad that you found our staff outstanding and very welcoming. I’ll make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit in the next February.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed at Vulcano for a week from 25th February, 2014. Room was a good size with plenty of wardrobes, storage space etc. Staff were helpful supplying bus timetable and answering our queries. Pool was lovely and warm. Although the fixed sunshades at the pool are maybe not ideal at least you can get some shade as in some hotels you cannot get an umbrella. Food was excellent with a large range of everything at every meal and a good choice of wines some at reasonable prices. Certainly agree with other comments that the clients are definately of the mature variety. My only real complaint is the internet computers are in such a dark area of the reception area it is VERY difficult to read the keyboard when using it in the evening. Hotel is very well situated for beaches, shopping, bars and nightlife. Enjoyed our stay and would stay again if returning to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at sides of hotel have restricted times of sun on balconies. Best rooms for sun overlooking po...
3  Thank Raymond M
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as it’s nice that you appreciated the room, the swimming pool, the variety and the quality of the food.

I’m also glad that you rated our staff as helpful. I’ll make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

I’d like to thank you for your suggestions concerning the sunshades in the pool area and the darkness in the internet point. I’ll report them to our management.

Thank you once again for your kind review and for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

There is little we could fault this hotel on. The food is excellent, the choice is very varied, sweets delightful! Staff are efficient and hardworking. Our room on the second floor with a pool view was good, cleaned every day during our 7 day stay. Heated pool is brilliant, as are the daily aqua gym classes. It does cater for the older age group so even at 57 we were definitely younger than most. Very few children, which may suit a lot of people. Reception always polite & helpful, though we didn't have a single problem to report to them. One minor point tea & coffee in the rooms would have just been the icing on the cake without hanging to pay extra for it. This was our second visit and we will almost certainly be back sometime for a third visit. Oh & a little tip register for a 'Spring' card it saves you 15 % on your drinks/extras when you settle up.

Room Tip: Superior rooms on 2nd floor with pool view are good, really big balcony with sun beds & a table...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us as well as it’s nice that you enjoyed the room, the swimming pool area with the daily activities, the standard of the cleanness and the last, but not least, the variety and the quality of the food.

I’m also glad that you rated our staff as efficient, hardworking, polite and helpful. I’ll make sure to share your compliments with the entire team.

I’d like to thank you for the suggestion concerning tea and coffee facilities in the room. I’ll report it to our management.

Thank you once again for your kind review and for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in your third visit in the near future.