“Quality Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Quality Hotel”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Returned to Tenerife a year later and am writing this from the comforts of the 5 star Costa Adeje Gran hotel a few miles up the road.

If you're looking for a hotel thats central las americas, in the clean, up market part with a good selection of bars less than 50 metres away and with excellent all roun facilities - look no further.

Yes, as many people say in previous reviews, the majority of the clientele are 60+, so as a couple in our mid 30's it did feel a little strange but believe me, the oldies have got it right with this one.
The rooms are simply lovely, great double beds with proper a matress and crisp white linen and a quality finish throughout...our room had a slimline plasma which was a nice touch. None of those 2 single beds shoved together to form a makeshift double, and yes... very comfortable...a really good night's sleep with zero yobs anywhere nearby.

So, the pool area: Not huge but big enough to not feel crowded and the highlight being the heated pool which makes all the difference in the winter season, and it is immaculate.
No on site music that I can recall, but you have headphones right?
On site pool bar but if you like to save the pennies you can pop to the suprrmarket literally 20 metres away and bring a few tins back - theres probably someone from management cringing right now but people who are loyal regulars to this hotel indulged in this practice which no one seemed to mind.
Yes, the fixed sun canopy is a bit unique and dare I say not the best solution and should be looked at as outlined in many other reviews but it won't make you think youve made a bad choice - come on vulcano management! spend a few euros and make a wekcome change.

Here's one of the most important points: Food.
Simple answer - great.
This is our 3rd consecutive time to the islsnd, volcano delivers the best food by a mile. Stopped in the iberostar previously and gran hotel costa adeje at the time of writing but the volcano delivers the goods.
Quality, choice and more organised. Yes, the Adeje is a 5 star opposed to the vulcanos 4, but you feel relaxed compared to the school dinner experience in the Grand.

Only negatives:
The baths are slippy so request a bath mat - an elderly lady slipped and broke her hip during our stay.
Drinks with your meal - pricey and adds up if you dont keep an eye on it, even if youre a bottled water afficionado.

Would we return? In a heart beat.

Best wishes

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brad G
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to write your five-star and very detailed review on Tripadvisor concerning your stay with us in the last January.

I’m glad that you liked the overall of the hotel, especially the location, as well as it’s nice that you found the room lovely and the bed great.

I’m also delighted that you rated the food as the best. I’m sure that our Chef Domingo will appreciate your compliments.

I’d like to thank you for the suggestions regarding the pool area and the bath, I’ll make sure to report it to the management. In the Spring Hotel Vulcano we take seriously every feedback from our guests, as it leads to our global service improvement.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I’ll share your nice comments with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

RRPP Department, Spring Hotel Vulcano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,003)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed for a week 18 - 26 November. Weather overcast/poor. Found clientelle unfriendly/extremely selfish. Staff at reception of diningroom unfriendly ("welcoming receptionist" in dining room had a cough and looked in need of a holiday herself). Mealtimes were elbows out and every man for himself. Clientelle pushy and nearly knocked over a lady in a wheelchair several times. We had to queue to pay for water in the evening and a man pushing past nearly knocked a guest over. It's the 2nd worst holiday we have ever had. It was our Ruby Wedding and we had no water, no wine, no fruit left in the room. We have been to Tenerife several times and couldn't see the fascination for guests returning to this hotel year after year. Extremely disappointed and definitely will not be returning to this Hotel anytime soon. Pool area like game of sardines. No parasols and canopies blocking out what sun there was. Entertainment on screens as you cannot see stage. Would have liked to have seen the dancers in the evening but as on screens and cameras pre-set you could only see their heads bobbing past. First time my husband has NEVER joined in the games. Aqua gym has no CD and listens to radio (including when the news is on). I had to ask them to turn off the radio one morning as they could not tune into it and it was white noise which they were happy to leave on for approx 30/40 mins. People unhappy with this did not have the guts to ask them to turn this off. Nightmare. In it's favour Hotel was clean but that's about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marjory K
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano and for spending time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I regret and I’m so sorry that we weren’t able to satisfy your expectations.

I appreciated your suggestion regarding the swimming pool area and the cameras in the bar Cascada during the nightly show.

Regarding the welcoming package, when we know that a couple is celebrating the wedding anniversary, we always invite them to a bottle of sparkling wine in their room. I apologize if it wasn’t your case, probably that means that the agency or the tour operator didn’t advise us.

I was also surprised reading that our animation team was using the radio instead of a CD, because they have a selected music depending on the activity at issue.

Anyway, I am saddened that you couldn’t feel a good atmosphere and that you rated your experience as a nightmare. I’ll share your feedback with the management, as it will help to our global services improvement.

I do hope you will find a hotel up to your standard for the next time.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a central pool view on seventh floor,which we found was comfortable and clean,the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was our first visit,we were not dissapointed,in spite of severe storms for three days the hotel managed the situation very well in spite of raining in , in several locations. On the menu we always found something to satisfy us.Thank you for a lovely holiday and we would hope to get the same room on our return next year.

Room Tip: seventh floor central pool view sun all day
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john m

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you spent lovely holidays with us, as well as it’s nice that you found the room comfortable and clean and that you enjoyed the hotel in spite of the weather.

Concerning the room for your next visit, I’d like to invite you to send an email to our front desk manager (vulcano@springhoteles.com) with your request when you will do your booking. I’m sure that she will do her best to satisfy your expectations.

Thank you once again for your nice review, I’ll share your kind comments with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a week in July. Weather was perfect,location really good close to everything.Food was nice and the staff friendly and helpful. Its a bit more quiet with no music around the pool but we found it relaxing. Hotel has got older customers and its more quiet compare to other places that we visited.We loved it and we came home with lots of energy and beautiful tan. Siam park is a must,lots of fun and crazy day out.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank llabello
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay in summer and for recommending the hotel.

I’m glad that you found the hotel relaxing as well as it’s nice that you enjoyed the location, the food and the staff attitude.

I’ll make sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your nice review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for one week in November .The hotel is very clean found the rooms to be a bit small .The food was excellent for both dinner and breakfast.I did not like the pool area as i found the sunbeds all on top of each other and could not move them around and the canopies were blocking out the sun.Most of the guests seem to be in there seventies so had no problem sleeping at night .Found the staff to be all very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dhealy
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It’s nice that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel, especially the cleanness and that you rated the
food as excellent.

I’m also proud that you appreciated the staff attitude. I will share your kind comments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

I’d like to thank you for your suggestion concerning the pool area. I’ll report it to the management.

Thank you once again for your review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Portstewart
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 1st week December - The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly, we found the food excellent, good choice for the evening buffet - very tasty. The rooms are spacious, clean and rooms are cleaned everyday and fresh towels if required. The only down fall for the rooms were we had a room on the 6th floor but it didn't have a sea or pool view so didn't get the sun on the balcony in the evening. If booking ask for pool view. This hotel seemed to have an older crowd staying at it - 75 plus - if you like waltzing this is the place. Nicely located hotel, convenient to the local shops and beach. Overall we enjoyed it. Their sunbathing area really needs updating the sunbeds have sun canopies over them which are like screens- you have to keep moving the bed to get out of the shade , this we found annoying. The good food and staff made up for this.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank elaine s

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel, as well as that you appreciated the location, the room, the variety and quality of the food.

I’m also proud that you noticed the good staff attitude. I’ll make sure to share your nice comments with the entire team.

I’d like to thank you also for the suggestion concerning the swimming pool area. I will report it to the management.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

just returned yesterday after a week at the Vulcano hotel and it great .The hotel is spotless beautifully decorated for Christmas . the food was excellent plenty of choice and beauitfully presented. noticed the staff remembered a lot of the guests as they come back year after year as i hope to myself great hotel

Room Tip: advise a pool view as sunnier
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen1133

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you appreciated the hotel and rated it as great. I’m also glad that you noticed the Christmas decorations as well as that you enjoyed the standard of the cleanness and the variety and quality of the food.
I’ll make sure to share your nice comments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.