“Vulcano Hotel worth a visit”

Spring Hotel Vulcano
GreenLeadersGold level
Balloch, United Kingdom
“Vulcano Hotel worth a visit”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. Staff, food and rooms all excellent. Our room was right next reception and initially we thought it would be very noisy and public. Not so. Only noise was some music from a nearby bar which stopped by 11.30. Room was very spacious with a huge terrace with sunbeds. Entertainment was quite good but main act did not start until 10.00. Before that there was dancing to a keyboard player.
Our Spring Card was waiting for us on arrival and gave a discount of 15% on final bill.
Entertainment staff worked hard and were very pleasant.
Free wifi is available in public areas. Very handy.
The hotel had a great number of returning guests which shows how good it is. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Large terraces on rooms facing away from pool.
4 Thank Floflegs
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 1, 2013

Many thanks for spending time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad to know that we were able to provide the expected standards of service and that you appreciated the overall of the hotel, especially the room and the food. It’s also nice that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi in public areas and the Spring Card discount.

I’ll make sure to share your kind words concerning the positive staff attitude with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your nice comments; I look forward to welcoming you again in your third visit.

Best wishes,

RRPP Department, Spring Hotel Vulcano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,003)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try the Vulcano after being at the sister hotel, Arona Gran last November. We were pleased with our decision! Our initial allocated room was poolside and not to our liking due to a lack of privacy. That was a disappointment due to having paid for a 'superior' pool view room. However reception staff responded immediately and we were given a fifth floor pool view room next day when it became available. I would in future make contact with the hotel in advance to ensure we didn't have this problem again. All other aspects were excellent - room cleanliness, pool, dining, location and staff. I applied for a Spring Club card on our return from Arona Gran last year and it was available to us later on our check-in day at Vulcano, but apparently it won't be active until our next stay at a Spring Hotel. Seems that I really must get on with booking our next holiday!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen_Glen
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Many thanks for spending time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you liked the overall of the hotel as well as that our reception staff could provide a suitable solution concerning the room.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the location, the pool, the food and the staff attitude. I’ll share your kind comments with the entire team.

Regarding the Spring Club Card, I would like to invite you to send an email for more details.

Thank you once again for your nice review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

troon scotland
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Every year we think we will try a different hotel but every year we come back! We are SO relaxed here- so welcomed-we sleep and eat well and this time was the best! We had room 064 right on the walkway and it was excellent. I had always wondered what it would be like to be so near the pool area- would it be intrusive?...... not at bit. It was great to be able to nip in and out of room - always forget something and easier to use own toilet!
The hotel is clean but I think our bedroom could do with a deep clean..a couple of dusty area like round the tv. Staff are all very friendly - in all areas.
I have one little quibble this year...I am not a big eater but love soup. This year while I still a both hot soups every night, it was not to the same standard as last year. Too much the same...no minestrone or asparagus! My husband ate extremely well,,he loves his breakfast while I loved the coffee...oh and the champers on Sunday morning!
Thanks again for a very relaxing week..managed to read 3 books!! Will be back soon.

2 Thank 1206irene
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, November 24, 2013

Many thanks for spending time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I was very proud reading your words concerning your loyalty, which year after year is going on.

It’s nice that you found our hotel relaxing and the room excellent, as well as I’m glad that you appreciated our staff attitude. I’ll share your kind comments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

On the other hand, I regret that you found your room a bit dusty. I apologize for the inconvenience and I assure you that I will report it to our housekeeping manager.

I also appreciated your suggestion regarding the variety and quality of the soup. I’m sure that our Chef will take note of it and will do his best to improve the service at issue.

Thank you once again for your kind and precious feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having stayed for the second time this year at the Vulcano I can only once again say how fabulous the hotel is, My husband and I 50 and by no means golden oldies but this is our preferred hotel due to the clentelle being slightlly more mature, children are present of course but as this hotel doesn't offer childrens clubs etc the numbers are few and this is a bonus for us.Rooms are spacious and extremely clean, those who encounter issues with there rooms need only to speak to reception and matters are dealt with very promptly, Staff are pleasant and accomodating, and a degree of respect and accord from the customer is responded in kind. Food is always going to be down to personal opinion, my husband is most definately not adventurous and likes plain recogniseable food and was quite happy with selections, I myself am more adventurous and enjoy different foods and as such had plenty of choice to keep me happy, A big improvement this visit was the strict pool policy ref towels, if anyone placed towels on beds pre 9am and left the sun beds the towels were removed promptly, thus ensuring that no mad 6am dash with a torch (yes some actually do this) was allowed. Whilst we were there we had the pleasure of taking part in the first class of bike aerobics, Hope they continue with this as a weekly event it was something we'd not seen before but great fun. finially our booking is already made for next year and we can't wait.

4 Thank foxyfilbert01
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, November 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to write your detailed and five-star review on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us.

I’m pleased to know that you are loyal client, and year after year we are able to satisfy your expectations.

It’s nice that you rated the hotel as fabulous, as well as that you appreciated the room, the cleanness, the variety of the food and the staff attitude.

I’m also glad that you could take part and enjoy the first class of the activity Pool Biking.

At last, but not least, I’m delighted that you agree with the new policy in the swimming pool regarding sunbeds reservation.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you in your next visit in 2014.

Best Wishes,

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Been back a week and missing the hotel and friendly staff already. This is the kind of hotel that once you have tried you go back time and time again. Thank you for a relaxing holiday, with special thanks to the reception and restaurant staff for helping us with our Daughters needs.
We will be returning again next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Dave J

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

It’s nice that we could satisfy again your expectations and that you spend a relaxing holidays with us, as well as I’m glad that you are already missing the hotel.

I’m also proud that we could help you with your daughter’s needs. I’ll make sure to share your nice comments with the front desk and the restaurant teams, who work hard to provide the best service as possible and your words are the best reward.

Thank you once again for your compliments; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Best Wishes,

dublin
Reviewed November 19, 2013

One of the best hotels we have stayed in can't complain about anything pool,food,room,location,perfect in the centre shops,restaurants,cafés,bars, and only a short walk from Los cristanos will be back soon for a longer stay,one week is to short

Room Tip: Depends what you want we had a pool view 2 floor if you want your own sun beds ask for bottom floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patricmu47

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that we could satisfy your expectations and that you appreciated the overall of the hotel, especially the location, the pool, the room and the food. I’ll make sure to share your nice comments with the entire team.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during October 2013.

The airport transfer went well, a nice touch to have a taxi and not wait for the bus.

The down side was we arrived at around noon and were informed that our room was not ready. Our first impressions were very favourable but when we had to wait 3 hours for our room we became less impressed. Later on when we mentioned this to the Rep she said this was due to the fact that we had a taxi transfer and the previous guests not leaving the room in time, which was not very helpful to us. We were given a voucher for a cup of coffee by way of compensation!! On the day we left we did manage to secure a courtesy room for half an hour for a shower and a change before catching the flight home which we appreciated.

The room was not what we would have expected from a 4 star hotel and could only be described as “tired”. Normally we would have expected a fridge, free use of safe and tea/coffee making facilities. We opted to pay 1 Euro per day for the fridge and a 10 Euro returnable deposit for the safe. There were no tea/coffee facilities available. The room itself was not as clean as it should have been, with a cracked sink and mould around the bath surround. The extractor in the bathroom was not working, (this was evident by the dust hanging from the vents), which in turn made the room like a sauna by the time you had finished using the shower or bath.

We were told that there was WiFi available in the lobby and pool area, as we didn’t go to the pool we can’t comment but within the reception area it was very poor. This was commented on by at least half a dozen other guests who were wandering around trying to get a signal. In this day and age this should not be problem.

There is no doubt about it that it is the restaurant and the reception area staff that make this hotel so popular. The variety and quality of the food was excellent. We could not imagine anybody not being able to find something to their taste. The Chef and his staff do an excellent job. The restaurant was scrupulously clean, white linen table clothes were changed every time the tables were vacated ready for the next guests. There was never any problem getting a table or even a queue to get in. The staff could not be more helpful or cheerful. The same goes for the reception staff, nothing was too much trouble.

We did not use the pool area but the day we arrived they had implemented a rule about towels on sun beds before 0800. Any towels on sun beds before this time were removed. This seemed to work very well.

The hotel is well situated. We had a pool facing Superior Twin room on the 6th floor. This gave us excellent views across the Atlantic, with spectacular sunsets every night. Every thing was in easy walking distance, with plenty of shops and restaurants within 5 mins walk. We particularly enjoyed the La Karina café by the side of the hotel for a night cap and listen to the Country and Western artist playing there. The food was good and at a very reasonable cost. We also made use of the mini market next door for water.

The entertainment in the hotel was mixed, some to our taste and some not, but generally something for everyone.

Would we recommend this hotel, if food is more important that room cleanliness then yes, most definitely but there is a real need for the rooms to have a deeper clean if they are all the same as ours. We can only speak based on our room. Our courtesy room on the last day seemed to be of a higher standard and was spotless.

As an extra observation for those people with wheel chair or walking disabilities this hotel could not do more for them. From what we could see they were given extra special attention, nothing was too much bother for the staff to help them enjoy their stay. All credit to the staff for this.

Do not pay for any trips etc with your debit card or you will probably be hit with extra charges when you get your bank statement. Use a credit card and ask to pay in Sterling.

Overall we had an excellent holiday.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view, excellent sunsets
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chris P
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your kind and very detailed review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I’m glad to know that you spent excellent holidays with us and that you appreciated the location, the view and the variety and quality of the food. I’m also proud that our staff provided you the expected standard of service, as well as it’s nice that you agree with the new policy concerning sunbeds reservation in the swimming pool area.

On the other hand, I regret that the level of the cleanness in your room couldn’t satisfy you. I`d like to apologize for the bad service at issue and I’ll make sure to report your review to our housekeeping manager.

Regarding the check-in timetable, we always try to give the room as soon as possible, considering that the check-out is at 12 AM.

Thank you once again for your review. I’ll make sure to share your compliments and precious suggestions with the entire team.

For any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.