“really good clean hotel with exelent food”

Spring Hotel Vulcano
GreenLeadersGold level
Kent
“really good clean hotel with exelent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

stayed for 7 night half board 23 sept 2013, really nice relaxing holiday, food excellent so much choice every thing for every taste (and my wife is a fussy eater) and we even had free champagne for breakfast on Sunday, we had ground floor pool view with patio and even had our own sun loungers, the only downside is the sun beds round the pool really close together as other reviews have said even though we didn't have any problems in getting 2 together, the indoor garden area is such a relaxing place for a nice quiet evening drink.
will defiantly be going back

3 Thank BarfyKent
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, October 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased when I read your kind words concerning the overall of the hotel, especially about the food. I’ll make sure to share your kind words with our Chef Domingo.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the relaxing atmosphere around the indoor garden in the Hall as well as I’m delighted that you added your photo with the review.

Thank you once again for posting your comments; I look forward to your next visit.

RRPP Department, Spring Hotel Vulcano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,003)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

As usual I like to read reviews before I travel and then read them again when I return - just to compare and see what I agree with and disagree with. This is a good 4 star hotel geared for over 50's, no children and predominantly British. Many of the guests are return guests who have found what suits them.
On arrival the foyer looks so impressive and one knows they are in a top class hotel. The reception staff are very professional and businesslike. Don't expect a warm welcome or a handshake when checking out, there aren't many smiles but they know their stuff and will provide any information needed. Our room was okay - nothing spectacular. We stayed on a half board basis and one could not fault the meals. Something to suit very palate and hard to visualise any complaint, really excellent. There is nightly entertainment with guest spot from 10pm for little less than an hour. It is okay - the resident performers are pleasant also. As everyone points out the pool area is a problem with towels on beds all day. The management have obviously decided to do nothing about this so one must live with it.
Playa de las Americas is a very pleasant resort. Lovely walks on the seafront which is just 5 minutes away. We went on a 2 hour boat trip from Los Christianos (30 minutes walk from hotel). Cost €15 which brings one out to see dolphins and whales. Many many cafes and restaurants on beachfront with reasonable prices - around €8-9 for three course meal. Buses are very cheap and bus stop across the road from hotel. Taxis also reasonable but some crazy drivers.
Overall the hotel is very good, the area is ideal and one can be assured of a good holiday.

4 Thank oldtimer61

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to post your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad to read that you appreciated the hall and the overall of the hotel especially the location as you describe very accurately.

It’s also nice that you found our staff professional and businesslike, I’ll share with the team your comments, including smiling suggestion.

Regarding pool seats, I’m delighted to inform you that our lifeguard is always pleased to find a free place to our guests, but I regret if you feel that the management doesn’t interested on it. I can assure you we are interested in every suggestion.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Duns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just returned from another 2 week stay (8th time). Little disappointed this time. The room was not cleaned to usual standards. There were finger nail clippings on floor at dressing table most of

the time we were there. I could write my name on top of fridge in dust. Bed linen had holes in it.
We were on 6th floor , got a call from reception to say you were not allowed to smoke on balcony on that floor only 5th floor. Looking around after that there were people smoking on every floor on different balconies, yet we got the call to stop. One night we had a cockroach in bedroom, reported it next morning but never heard anymore. Also some of guests were very rude, saying we had jumped a queue at reception for courtesy room , but no queue they were sitting on the seats, that's not queuing ..other than that we enjoyed our holiday at vulcano again. Food was good and waiters very friendly.

Room Tip: High floor with pool view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Margaret48Duns

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, we take very seriously all our customers’ suggestions, especially from a loyal client.

First of all, I’m very happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Let me thank you for your kind words concerning food and waiters. I will share your nice comments with kitchen and restaurant teams.

On the other hand, I’m disappointed reading your feedback concerning the room cleanness.

Your words don’t sound like the standards we want to provide to our customers. I assure you I’ll share your review with the housekeeping manager.

Concerning smoking policy, I am glad to inform you that smoking is only allowed on the fifth floor. I’m also delighted to advise you, for the next time, to let us know, prior to your arrival, if you prefer a smoking room.

Regarding the cockroaches, I’m pleased to inform you that the Hotel Vulcano is affiliated with a company specializing in pest control of insects and bacteria, and I assure you that the level of hygiene is very strict and tested monthly. Probably the cockroaches could have snuck into the room from outside, as it is very typical in Canarias Islands, but I perfectly understand your uneasiness, and I apologize for it and for not having provided you a good and adequate attention in that punctual situation.

Thank you once again for your review; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just returned from another visit to the Vulcano. As good as always and nothing to disappoint. Entertainment is a bit hit and miss but then I suppose you cant please everyone! There are plenty of bars around though that have entertainment and you can have a good time out of the hotel as well.

Never had a problem getting a sunbed, Food excellent and so much to chose from, you would have to be a super duper fussy eater not to find anything at all.

Looking forward to our return again next year.

Room Tip: Pool view with a high floor, that way you can see across to the sea as well.
2 Thank beaandpeter
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, October 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m very proud to read that you enjoyed the overall of the hotel, especially the food.

I will make sure to share your nice words with the entire staff and I’m certain that our Chef Domingo will appreciate your kind comments.

Thank you once again for your feedback; I look forward to welcome you back next year.

Best Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

After just coming back from the Vulcano Hotel I feel it's not quite a Four Star
Hotel.Food is very good location is spot on but a few things do need tweaking
5 times out of two weeks towels were missing sometimes bath towels sometimes hand towels and sometimes both and I had to keep chasing the maid to get them. Also whilst in the lift guy gets in and proceeds to clean around us I wouldn't mind but he could have done it whilst going up but no he stopped it completely. Not Four Star cleaning I know the cleaners have to do their job but not at 10 30am for the lifts. Also the playing of Bingo at 12 30pm in the Pool Bar as at this time people want to go for a drink or a spot of Lunch hence no tables free as the Bingo Players are taking all the tables up.there was plenty of room inside for that activity. Also pool area not big enough and people were putting towels on sun beds at 5 30 / 6 00am to save them,not good ,last year stayed at the sister hotel Arona Gran far superior.and better ran.so if you want a good three star hotel The Vulcano fits the bill G W

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenis W

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor and for expressing your opinions as it leads to the improvement of our global services.

I’m glad that you appreciate our location and I’m very delighted to read your kind words regarding the food. I’ll share your nice comments with our Chef Domingo.

On the other hand, I was very disappointed reading that the overall of the hotel had not reached the expectations. The description of your stay with us is far from the experience that we want our clients to have.

I personally checked your situation with the housekeeping manager and I can assure you that the cleanness of the lifts is planned during the early morning, around 07:30 AM, and always one by one so you have three of the four lifts working. When you saw our staff cleaning the elevator at 10:30 in the morning it could have probably been due to a punctual situation, but any way I'm sorry if this fact has negatively affected your vacation as well as the towels distribution.

Regarding the Bingo timetable, it is fixed to start at 12 AM and the game is used to finish at 12.30 AM, just when the lunch service begin. Probably our animation staff has not respected the timetable, and I perfectly understand your situation and I’m very sorry because our guests have to be able to enjoy our bar service. Thank you very much for your advice, it makes us planning to anticipate a little bit the activity at issue, making sure that similar situations do not happen again.

Thank you once again for your detailed review and for all your suggestion.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again at the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Yours faithfully,

Dyce, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Been going to the Vulcano now for 14 years and just returned from another two week stay last weekend. As always the staff were very friendly and we were provided with the room we requested. Our room has recently been renovated and although there is still some things to be done the improvements are very welcoming. The Restaurant staff were excellent as always although the food could have been hotter and the toasters could have been set better.
We will be returning next year all being well - Hendry

Dear Hendry,

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Thank you also for taking the time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I can hardly describe the pride that I feel replying to a client who´s been loyal for fourteen years.

I assure you I will share your kind words to the entire staff. We work hard to provide the best service as expected.

It’s also nice that you appreciate the tweaks in the room.

It has been a pleasure having you staying with us; I look forward to welcoming you next year.

worthing uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

just returned from a two week stay at this hotel. Standard as high as ever. Food was excellent with so much variety.. We are in our middle sixties and their are many guests a lot older, however you always meet a lot of nice people. Some are not so nice but we just ignored them. Hotel caters for predominately British but having said that we met some German guests who were great fun and I know they also had a great time. Only 2 pools but heated and more than adequate. Probably the best holiday we have ever had due to both the friendly staff and the people we met. Shall be going again in 2014. Entertainment was varied and of a high standard, in my opinion. Thoroughly recommended with a super location. Sunlounger " bagging " is a problem with some guests geting up at 0500hrs," More fool them "

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Thank you also for taking the time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read a repetitive client writing kind comments as yours.

I struggle to find the right words, I can only say thank you very much and I’m extremely proud to know that you spent with us your best holidays ever. It’s the best compliment we can receive.

Your comments encourage us to keep on working hard.

I look forward to your next visit at the hotel Vulcano.

Warmest regards,