My family and I (7 in total) stayed at the hotel on an all inclusive basis and my comments are as follows:-
Cleanliness - Very Good/Excellent
All Inclusive Food - Plenty of it, good choice every day, always fresh
Hotel Location - Extremely noisey due to the veronica's strip nightlife which we knew about prior to our trip as we have been visiting Tenerife for over 15 years. I took ear-plugs with me and once they were in, I heard no noise at all and had a great nights sleep each night.
Room - We stayed in Block B on the 11th floor and had fabulous views. Room contained a kitchenette which was a surprise to us
Staff - Always friendly and helpful
Room Safe - hired for a week, paid 13.50 euro's and got 3.50 euro's when the key was returned at the end of the holiday
Remote for TV - hired for a week, paid 5.00 euro's, got this back when the remote was handed back at the end of the holiday.
Pool area - adquate and no rush for towels on beds
Internet service - 3.00 euro's for 30 minutes, this was always busy
All inclusive deal during the day - extremely disappointed as staff were not consistent in their rules and each time we visited the snack bar for drinks, we always had to sign and detail our room number on a receipt although we wore 'all inclsive bands'. This was very frustrating and annoying as the queues were horrendous at times because of the 'signing' process.
All inclusive deal during the evening - waiter service was given to those who were not on the 'all unclusive' deal, so for us, we had to contunie to queue for drinks and again, this process was as detailed above.
Sockets in room - there was only one socket in the bedroom which was for the tv and one in the bathroom. This made it difficult at times as the socket in the bedroom could not be used at the sametime as having the tv on.
TV - disappointed as there was one channel per language and the UK was world news, no Satalite TV available.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for everything other than the location as we favour the Parque Santiago end of Las Americas, always staying at Parque Santiago 3, but regrettably could not find anything available, hence the change of location. The all inclusive deal did suit each party member due to the euro not being particularly good at the moment.....this saved us a lot of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol Tenerife is located 200 m from the beach in Tenerife's Playa de las Américas Resort. It offers 3 outdoor pools with sun loungers, a tennis court and rooms with a furnished balcony with partial or frontal sea views. The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Sol Tenerife feature tiled floors and cheerful colours. They are equipped with satellite TV, fridge, desk and chair. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer. There is free Wi-Fi available in the rooms. The hotel has a kids' club, hairdresser and supermarket on site. Sports facilities include a volleyball court and a small football pitch. There is also a massage service. The Tenerife Sol's restaurant serves international buffet meals. There are also 2 bars, including a poolside bar. Las Américas Golf Course is 500 m away from the hotel. Tenerife Sur Airport is 14 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Tenerife Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Sol Tenerife
- Sol Tenerife Playa De Las Americas