Stayed here with 3 of my girlfriends from September 1-8th 2011 and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was exactly what we had expected. Having stayed in a number of 4-5 hotels there are a few pointers I would give to prospective guests.
The hotel is situated about 100 metres from the nightlife which continues to approximately 6am. For this reason the hotel is in a fantastic location for groups of friends or couples looking to go out until the early hours. While the noise is not particularly bad in the rooms which face away from the 'strip', generally speaking I would not recommend this hotel for couples or family seeking a relaxing time and uninterrupted sleep. It should be noted however that the entertainment in the hotel itself does continue until midnight.
Rooms and Facilities
The less than positive reviews for this hotel mention its star rating. In the Canary Islands a 4* hotel is not what most Brits would class as 4* - this goes for 90% of the hotels I have stayed in whilst in the Canaries. Therefore I would urge people looking for 4* luxury to look into the 5* and 5*+ hotels on the Island. The Sol Tenerife is good 3* star hotel, those who rate this hotel 2* have clearly never had the unfortunate experience of staying in in one!
The rooms are clean and tidy, with fridge and hairdryer and plenty of mirrors! The maids were fantastic and maintained high standards throughout our stay. Rooms are cleaned and towels changed daily and bedding changed every second day.
There are two pool areas and small childrens pool - we never had any problem securing sun loungers throughout the day. There is also a large reception with couches if you get too hot!
The major downside to this hotel is the bands you have to wear even if you are only half board, however you get over the fear of tan lines pretty quickly! For lunches, there is a gate at the pool area which takes you onto the promenade where there are plenty of restaurants for lunch at very cheap prices. There are plenty of restaurants close by in Las Americas and food, even with the Euro exchange rate, is very cheap.
The food in this hotel was good/average, though the Sol Tenerife still provided excellent range of choice and local dishes - Typical Spanish style buffet. (buffet went on until 9.30pm for late eaters)
Like every hotel drinks are expensive, though there is a small shop attached to the hotel and a spar across the road, so water or alcohol can be purchased there.
The nightlife in Las Americas is great for 20+, plenty of bars and clubs without the club18-30 vibe. While the strip is close to the hotel the area itself is well maintained and clean during the day for those who are worried about that.
Families and couples looking to relax should try the quieter areas of Tenerife such as Los Christianos or Costa Adeje. Like every hotel stay do your research before booking so you know what to expect - something which I think some people who have rated this hotel have forgotten to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Sol Tenerife is located 200 m from the beach in Tenerife's Playa de las Américas Resort. It offers 3 outdoor pools with sun loungers, a tennis court and rooms with a furnished balcony with partial or frontal sea views. The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Sol Tenerife feature tiled floors and cheerful colours. They are equipped with satellite TV, fridge, desk and chair. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer. There is free Wi-Fi available in the rooms. The hotel has a kids' club, hairdresser and supermarket on site. Sports facilities include a volleyball court and a small football pitch. There is also a massage service. The Tenerife Sol's restaurant serves international buffet meals. There are also 2 bars, including a poolside bar. Las Américas Golf Course is 500 m away from the hotel. Tenerife Sur Airport is 14 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Tenerife Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Sol Tenerife
- Sol Tenerife Playa De Las Americas