We have stayed in this hotel many times. The location is great - close to restaurants, bars, shops, the beach and places to walk along the coast. The staff are efficient. The people working by the pools, giving out the towels, will always rush over to help with putting up an umbrella.
There is an entertainment programme. There are two pools, one of which is smaller and quieter if that is what you prefer.
The bar offers a good selection of cocktails and I can really recommend the champagne cocktail!
The design of the hotel aims for a feeling of luxury and grandeur with the high ceilings, fountains, marble and mirrors everywhere. Unfortunately the hotel is really beginning to show its age and a lack of maintenance. Many of the mirrored pillars are cracked. In one of the lifts one of the mirrored panels was held together with duct tape. The stuffing was spilling out of some of the seats in the public area near the bar.
I'm not bothered by the fact that the rooms are looking a bit tired - black furniture that is chipped - but I was surprised by the sloppy repainting job. There were paint drips on the sink, the tiles, the picture, the telly! Cleaning was not up to scratch either in the room.
The selection of food at breakfast was excellent but I was horrified to see another guest tipping a cockcroach off a seat on our last morning....
On Saturday night there was a disco which was outside - although it was so loud that it sounded as if it was in the room. It finished at 11.30pm and was followed by the football which finished at 1am. Someone from customer care apologised the following day and explained that the hotel was trying to appeal to a different market.
It strikes me that the hotel is going down-market - symbolised, perhaps, by the tacky plastic flowers in the public areas which have apparently been made by hotel staff from recycled materials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Orbitz so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife