“Lovely hotel”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a great holiday this hotel was lovely, we booked b/b and had a 3rd floor sea view room. It was breath taking!! Breakfast was very good, the choices were great and everything was hot, really loved the eggs to order! It was a good area for eating out, nice bars and shopping. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short and positive review.

i´m really glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will be happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need.

Esteban Sedano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I felt the Hotel was in between Average and Very good - so good!

the hotel was clean and well run. it was myself and my partners birthday and they gave us an extra added touch of bubbles and cake for breakfast.

the breakfast was average in terms of quality but excellent in terms of quantitiy. there was everything from fruit to chicken nuggets........

the pool area is perfectly place to get maximum sun and the pool was clean.

overall i didnt feel the hotel was a London 5 star but more 3 to 4. the gym you needed to pay for and in most 5 star it is free. I was unable to get WiFi in my room but could get it across the road in the restaurant!!

I would stay here again as i felt its pretty much the best Tenerife has to offer in Play Americas.

1 Thank Saul P
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I´m happy to know that you have enjoyed our services and I hope to solve the wifi issue soon so that all our guests can enjoy a better signal inside the rooms.

Nothing will please us more than welcoming you again in future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability.

UK
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As always location is always my priority. Who wants to spend half your holiday on public transport travelling to the place you want to be? This hotel is on the beach. You literally go out of the garden, across the pedestrianized promenade, which is flat and goes for miles in either direction, and there is the beach. We came as a couple last year and enjoyed eating out in the dozens of little restaurants along the 'stretch' each evening. This year I've come alone and had half-board. This has been fine for me as I've felt very safe just walking upstairs after dinner. Food is just like any other hotel, pretty standard and plenty of it.

Room Tip: Pool-side noisy, mountainside much quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank FrejusFrejus
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m glad to read that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations, as well as the hotel location.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to check the best promotions on our web page.

Warnest regards,

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have just returned from our 4th visit to this hotel and were disapointed. The hotel itself is as good as ever, however, the food at dinner has gone down considerably. We decided to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary here as we had always enjoyed everything about the hotel. We found the food to be unappertising, not very hot and not presented well. The only thing that was hot was that which was cooked on the grill whilst you were standing there and then the selection was limited to pork tenderlion, with beefsteak one night and then entrecot the next, then pork chop and then the next turkey escolope. The grilled fish comprised , dorada, groopa or swordfish, they did have grilled prawns and grilled salmon one other night but rang out of the salmon at 8pm (the dining room was open untll 9.45) The food on the so called carvery was also limited and only luke warm. On our anniversary night (we didn't go out because it was very very windy) we had cream of bird soup which tasted neither of chicken, turkey or anything else, then we plumped for the roast beef which was tough, chewy and tastless so we settled for ice cream. My husband and I are not fussy eaters and do like to be adventureous trying different things but we had spoken to quite a few other people who also had complained about the food at dinner in previous years leading them to go Bed and breakfast only. I have to agree the breakfasts were very good, especially having to cater for so many people. The staff are some of the friendliest we have ever met and we love the ambience of the hotel as well as the location. We did receive notification from our tour operator that they had down graded from 5 star to 4. Would we go back? yes, probably next year for my birthday and it would be B&B only. This time we didn't book a sea/pool view room which we regretted as the mountain view rooms can be very noisy from the road noise and as it was very windy we couldn't sit on the balcony (not the hotels fault) people watching. The safe was free as was the wifi. It was a shame that the hotel appear to be cutting costs and there was no maitre D' so there didn't appear to be anyone in overall charge for any complaints, however that said, the dinning room staff worked very hard with always a smile.

Room Tip: Sea view or pool view are better
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry to read that our buffet service has not met your expectations. We always adapt our offer to the petitions expressed by our guests at our quality questionnaires and your comments will be registered for future changes.

I will also share your suggestions with our kitchen team. Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

We will be happy to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I found the location and hotel very nice however I had two complaints which had a big impact on our holiday.
1. Breakfast - this was average at best. Fresh fruit was limited and not the juicy ripe fruit I had envisioned. Fruit was not fresh. Bread selection was ok. Salad selection was OK. Cooked food selection was low quality. There was all you could drink Cava so we enjoyed that the first morning but that was it. Coffee was not good.
2. Wifi - wifi connection was terrible. It meant I had to pay for roaming to check my e-mails etc. for a 5* hotel, the least I expected was Wifi!!!

Other than this, location was nice, pool was nice, staff were fine, room was fine. V clean.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m sorry to read that some aspects of our service and facilities have not been up to your expectations.

We are now installing a new wifi system and this is the reason for the problems you encountered during your stay. the purpose of this change is to improve the speed and quality of the signal received inside the rooms. Please, accept my most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a relaxing week here, we found the staff friendly and the hotel comfortable but a little frayed. Half board food was excellent but self serve and a little like a canteen. In short no longer 5* but the location and price give value for money

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert C
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you veyr much for your comments.

I´m happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will soon carry out a full room refurbishment and I hope that you will have the chance to visit us once it is done.

I suggest you to visit our web page for any information on special promotions and availability.

HUDDERSFIELD
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Upon arrival we were met with a glass of champagne or cava which was lovely. The reception staff were really pleasant and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. The food, there is plenty of choice for everyone, if you can't find anything that you like, you are too fussy.
Perfect location, loads of shops, bars and restaurants across the road.
Some of the reviews I read before I came said you had to leave big bags outside the restaurant, there was non of that, there were plenty of empty sun beds , yes lots were reserved but lots were not too.
The negatives - the rooms are a bit tired and need updating, but then again we only slept in the room. We would have liked a kettle in the room, but again that didn't spoil our holiday. The biggest negative for us was the uncomfortable bed !!!!!!!!! I have slept on better beds in a premier inn!!!!
If you want to look around for some rust and a cracked tile I'm sure you may find them, this was a very good hotel for a fly and a flop week for us.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing here your nice comments.

I´m happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will take good note of your suggestions.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for special promotions and availability.

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Sol Tenerife
Sol Tenerife
#33 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#8 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!