“Our staying in Mediterranean”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have just returned from our trip to Tenerife, being traveling with 3 children (5,10, 15) and my husband for 10 days in March 2014.

I was definitely not sure that my choice of the hotel was good enough after I carefully read quite a number of reviews. And I chose this hotel by three main points: its location, good animation for kids, and rather good food. I was also aware of the following minuses: old furniture, hair dryers, tv, and overall of the hotel being required renovation.

What I can say after we have stayed here is that all these reviews and those points were true! I can confirm all of them and would like to thank all the review writers, it is a very helpful job for everyone to be aware of what one should expect in reality!

My overall staying was quite a pleasure, but I would definitely make more variety of dishes for breakfast. And fresh juices could be also present. By the way, breakfasts in Cleopatra were more attractive and with a number of fresh juices, however the hotel is a 4*, and this is one complex.

As to noise, we stayed on the 3rd floor, and sometimes it was noisy in the evening, but adequate and it ended about 23-30.

I would be pleased to answer all your questions about this hotel or area!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AlenaAAA
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We always encourage our guests to post their reviews as it helps other travellers with their choices.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Palace Hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Mediterranean Palace along with four other friends. We loved it!
The location of the hotel could not be beaten. Beach and promenade on one side and the fantastic shops and restaurants to the front.
Starting with our arrival, we were met by lovely staff on the reception desk who presented us with a glass of bubbly whilst he checked us in.
Our room was the only thing we would have altered to make it perfect. The room itself was a good size with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool but two things let it down a bit. Firstly, we had specifically requested a double bed and instead it was two singles pushed together with separate bedding on each which just made it hard to have a cuddle without the two beds coming apart! Our other friends found it was the same in their rooms. The only other thing was that the bathroom could do with a bit of updating as it all looked a bit tired. However, I am in no way complaining as both room and bathroom were totally serviceable.
The public areas of the hotel are beautiful, really classy with marble everywhere and spotlessly clean inside and out. The pool is fantastic, really big so plenty of space to swim even when busy. Sun loungers very comfortable and for a €15 deposit you can have beach towels each day.
We went B&B so cannot comment on the evening meals but the breakfast was the best I have ever experienced abroad. So much choice of everything from typical cooked English to fruit, yoghurt, pastries, omelettes made to order and even champagne included if you would like it. The service in the breakfast room is also excellent as it is a buffet style but the waiters are always around to remove dirty dishes and remake used tables in an instant.
We were really pleasantly surprised by the prices inside the hotel too. In the past we have found that hotels hugely overprice their drinks etched but 2 glasses of very nice white wine was €7.20 and when we decided to order a bottle of this wine on room service, it was only €15, which came within 5 mins in a lovely ice bucket accompanied by a bowl of nuts. Very reasonable.
We enjoyed a glass of wine at the outside terrace bar each evening and our barman, Manwell was brilliant. So friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble. After the first evening he remembered our drinks and always had a big smile to welcome us, as well as helping us to learn some Italian!
Restaurants in the area are fantastic, so much choice in any cuisine you can think of. Our personal favourite was an Italian called Bianco which is just a 2 min walk from the hotel. Amazing food and amazing service and very reasonably priced. Next to this Italian, there is an English Steakhouse which again was fantastic and so all the men in our party said, served the best fillet steaks they had ever eaten.
We will certainly be returning to the Mare Nostrum Resort! Would highly recommend to anyone! :)

1  Thank Claire W

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time invested on writing such a detailed report.

I´m very happy to read that you have enjoyed so much your stay with us, our services, facilities and location.

Unfortunatelly we do not have double beds so the only ways to provide one is pushing two single beds together. Please, accept my most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

We will be pleased to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife. You can check special promotions and availability on our web page.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently stayed for 5 nights on a B&B basis. Check in was efficient & staff most welcoming on arrival. Our room was spacious & spotlessly clean. There was a free safe & the TV had British channels eg BBC & ITV. Comfortable beds & linen. Large pool & sun terrace with plenty of sunbeds. The minor complaint was the dining room at breakfast; rather noisy & chaotic. The food was very good, but my coffee drinking hubby was not impressed with the coffee machine, mentioned by other reviewers. Communal areas were comfortable & there always appeared to someone cleaning. We visited to celebrate our birthdays & the chambermaid placed balloons on our door & we both had birthday cakes courtesy of guest relations. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable stay & would return to the Mediterranean Palace without hesitation.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positice review and for having chosen us for the celebration of your birthdays. I hope you have enjoyed your experience with us.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you again in future visits to tenerife.

Do not hesitate to check our web page for any information on availability and special promotions.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This lovely hotel has a fantastic location, close to some great restaurants, bars and shops, right by the beach and only a short walk to Los Cristianos.
My room was perfectly clean though the decor was a little tired. There were a few chipped floor tiles so I could not go barefoot in the room. Use of the safe was free as was the fridge.
The staff are mostly great. We had a missing booking dealt with very efficiently and my mother's birthday was celebrated with champagne, cake and a breakfast serenade as well as balloons on the room door. The maids also left Valentine's day messages which was very sweet.
The pool area is a problem. The sunbeds are wedged together so closely you cannot get between them and some of the umbrellas are torn or have broken mechanisms which is unsafe. The pool itself is unheated making swimming impossible. For the 30-40 people braving the icy water for daily aquarobics the music is so loud for those 40 minutes that the rest of the guests have to shout in order to talk to the person next to them. The pool at the Cleopatra is normally quieter and their aqua class is done without music but there was some roof repair work going on there during my stay.
My only real problem with my holiday was the 'bag nazi' at breakfast. A few days into my holiday there was a new policy which involved a member of staff stopping people taking larger bags into breakfast and requesting they be left in an UNATTENDED pile in the doorway. My mother and I refused to do this as we had phones, money, iPods and e-readers for our day at the pool in our bags. As my room was the furthest possible distance from the dining room and I have a back injury which slows my walking, I did not want to return to my room each day for my bag so I went to speak to a duty manager. She advised me that 'you have to have rules, like traffic' and that anything of value should be in the room safe and not by the pool. She was unable to tell me what would happen if my bag or it's contents was stolen while left in the doorway and she said all these valuables should be in the safe and not by the pool, though she could not tell me how I could read or listen to music by the pool if my equipment was in my room safe. I gave up trying to reason with idiocy and ended up having a daily dispute with the girl on 'bag duty'. Meanwhile, those who were 'stealing' food from the dining room continued to do so - usually with the large baby changing bags swinging from their prams or just loose-wrapping pastries in napkins and walking out.
I have never come across this policy at any other hotel anywhere in the world, and nor has anyone else I have asked.
Having stayed in both this hotel and the Cleopatra before, I would gladly return if this stupid policy was stopped, but it gave me so much daily stress I could not return if it continues.

Stayed: February 2014
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m very sorry to know that our internal rules have been so annoying to you.

I am sure that you understand that we must settle rules to guarantee the best possible service to all our guest and I am very sorry to read that you consider these rules as an expression of "idiocy" or "stupidity".

Although it is obvious that you ignore them, we have very good reasons for stablishing our internal regulations. However defining our hotel as "bag nazi" goes beyond what anyone would accept.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel has a great location and a fantastic breakfast....If the hotel was rated 3 *** I`d say it was perfect..The rooms are small and outdated....The TV in the room was from the 80ties..
The WiFI in the room was very slow. Our room was not made up until 5 or 6 in the afternoon.
The diningroom is huge and every morning you have to fight in order to get a table...The buffet is very big with a lot of variety but queing up for everything is not what I expected from a 5***** hotel. The had Spanish Cava for free every morning....
I must say that the waiters there worked very efficiently and did what ever they could.
We also got clean beach towels every day.
Reception service at check in was informative and good.

The sunbeds around the swimmingpool were all taken by 9 o`clock...Lucky for us we love the beach and the hotel beach is only feets away...You should know that if you go to the left on the beach promenade it will take you only 5 minutes to get to Playa De Las Americas most populare beach Las Vistas ;)
The shopping and the restaurants in Playa de las Americas are situated very close to the hotel which is of course very convinient :) The WiFi strangely enough.....worked quite well at the hotel beach :-)

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a sea view :) If you look apon this hotel as a 3*** you will enjoy your stay...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I hope that in general terms your stay has been satisfactory. I have taken good note of your comments regarding our wifi and breakfast service.

We are now working on a new wifi system that will solve the signal issues in the rooms.

We are also planning a total refurbishment of the rooms that will hopefully take place soon.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you at any of our hotels in future visits to tenerife.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for more information and special promotions.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently sitting around the pool using the FREE wifi you get throughout the hotel.
I wanted to write this review today rather than when I get home as today is my husbands 40th birthday and so far today he's had a wonderful day courtesy of the hotel. I sent a small email over 3 weeks ago asking for ideas For things to do on his birthday & today they have decorated our room door with balloons plus given him a cake and made quite a fuss over him

Now for my hotel review ...
Granted the rooms do need updating but how much time do you actually spend in your room whilst on holiday??
The hotel itself is beautiful, the staff are always polite and helpful
Breakfast caters for all from bacon & eggs to fresh fruit

My only huge issue is the sunbeds I'm an early riser & I've never seen a pool get so busy so early, however people tend to save their beds and return sometimes upto 4 hours later. Currently I've been at poolside for 3 hours & there are two beds beside me which no one had returned to yet. The management need to address this immediately

Overall I really like this hotel and will be returning

2  Thank LMHiggins

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I´m glad to read that you are celebrating with us such special day and I hope that the rest of your stay has been as pleasant as before.

I have shared your concerns about the sun bed reservation with our Rooms Division Manager and he has already taken measures to reinforce our team actions and ensure that, as long as they are aware of it, abandoned towels will be removed from empty sun beds.

I hope to ahve the chance to welcome you again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us through our web page for anything you need.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We decided to stay for 4 nights mainly because we were impressed with the reception area and the photos online,
Our standard room was not the standard expected from this hotel, compared to the reception area and pool,
It was clean and tidy but quite old fashioned,
The food at breakfast was good with lots of variety to suit everyone,
Pool area very nice ,
Although this is a very big hotel the service was very good and the staff were friendly .

Room Tip: Upgrade room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions regarding our standard of rooms. We will soon carry out major refurbishment works.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you in future visits to tenerife.

Esteban Sedano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa
IBEROSTAR Bouganville Playa
#16 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!