3,381 results
All reviewsa mountain view roomon arrivalpool areakids clubmare nostrum resortbed and breakfastglass of champagnesister hotelaqua aerobicspool partybit datedfoam partysir anthonyplenty of sunbedsan updatefantastic locationflat screen
Reviewed March 10, 2014

At certain ‘sporting’ events a judging panel is used. Usually they disregard the best and worst scores to try and reach a fair result. I think it’s safe to say that this can be applied to reviews of this hotel. My wife and I spent the first week of March here on a half board basis and we had a thoroughly good time. There is basically not much wrong. It is in an excellent location, clean and tidy and good value for the money. OK it is not a 5 star but everyone knows that now when booking. It could do with some new sun shades round the pool and the food could be improved upon. They do not charge for the room safe (hooray) and good free wifi (again hooray). I had no trouble with wifi around the pool or in the room. They supply large bath towels in the room, and large pool towels can be obtained (15 Euros refundable deposit required). They do charge in the region of 3 Euros a day for the room fridge and 50 cents for a cup of ice (boo). I would recommend staying B&B. (The breakfast is very good). Or at worst half board but do not sign up for full board, you will get fed up with the food. The half board option can be used for either lunch or dinner, giving the choice of eating out in the evenings. You can dine in the adjoining hotel, The Cleopatra for a surcharge of 8 Euros per person. Better restaurant and food, but worth 8 Euros extra, maybe not. There are 100’s of restaurants in the locality offering good food.. Although we went in term time there was still a lot families with children staying. I imagine then, that, during school holidays this would have a very high proportion of families. The hotel seems to cater for this with a children’s club and entertainers, but if this is not your cup of tea, avoid school holiday periods. If you want top quality 5 stars with all the trimmings look elsewhere, but if you want a good, clean, no frills hotel, this fits the bill. Happy holiday.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms do get the sunshine during the day
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank captainhaddock
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I also appreciate your negative comments as an attempt to offer suggestions on how to improve our service. We will take them into consideration.

As you have noticed this hotel is mainly focused on families and, as part of a bigger resort, we offer different atmospheres in each hotel.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

I suggest you to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The rooms are very dated. I have stayed at 3 star hotels which are better. Food quality was poor for a 5 star, again I have eaten at 3 star buffet restaurants just as good, if not better. The worst part was the rudeness of the Spanish staff. You come on holiday to have a nice time and get treated with at least some respect, not get looked at or treated like you are something they have stepped in. Eva was the most rude of them all.

We had to get checked in twice because of a mix up and had to pay for our first night dinner even though we were half board. We eventually got our money back on our last day after many attempts!!!

The only plus side was that it was right on the beach and the non-Spanish kitchen staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank ChrisShields
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Mr. Shields,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m sorry to read that you have found your experience with us so negative.

However it is a real shame that after all the effort made by our Reception Manageress to help you recovering your money from the travel agent, you don´t consider her kind enough, in spite of the fact that she was doing this as a favour to you. It was thanks to her insistence and many calls that you finally recovered what was certaily yours.

Regarding the room condition and food variety, I appreciate your comments and I asure you that they will be taken into consideration.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at reception and was given a glass of champagne. Staff were really attentive and friendly, especially dining staff. We went for our anniversary and arrived in our room to flowers and chocolates. Also at breakfast we were given champagne and cake. Really lovely touch. Room was cleaned every day...nice work sondra, our maid. Food choices were excellent, although not as hot as we like. Would recommend to all and my daughter has already booked for june this year!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barbiedoll65
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, very especially the service provided by our cleaning staff. I will personally pass your congratulations to Sandra.

I will be pleased to welcome you or your family in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact me through our web page for any special request. I´ll do my best to meet your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great hotel went in January 14, great stay, have used about 15 times, that says it all,B-)B-)B-) love the breakfast ,staff very very helpful,pool,s really clean, rooms a bit dated, but cleaned every day ,can't wait for our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ianieboy
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you positive review.

I´m glad to know of your satisfaction and I thank you for your extraordinary loyalty, much appreciated.

Nothing could make me happier than welcoming you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Having stayed in Tenerife many times we have always admired this hotel

So for my wife's 50th i booked this trip to Tenerife as a late surprise

I will keep this short as i can only say we were very disappointed with the hotel
It is tired and in need of refurbishment
Room was of decent size with adequate luggage space
Decor tired and tatty
Bed alright but not of standard that people are used to in 5 star hotels these days
Bathroom was the biggest let down
Bath tub with shower curtain that stuck to you like a leach
Silicone an inch thick all round the bath
Broken and loose tiles everywhere
Public areas and restaurant also badly needing refurbished
Only stayed B&B thank God as the breakfast was poor and a free for all when busy
Would not recommend as you will find a much better hotel in Las Americas for far less money

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billyboydarvel
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

I´m very sorry to read that some of our services, especially those at breakfast, have not been up to your expectations.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

I invite you to visit our web page for information about the sister hotels within the resort, more modern and with a different atmosphere, probably closer to your likings.