“Expectations were not met!!”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I both stayed here for 6 days. We opted for the bed and breakfast. On arrival we were giving a room with two single beds and a tv that wouldn't work. We requested to change room to a dbl bed room with a pool view,due to this we ended up having to pay an extra charge. The breakfast was usually great, loads to choose from as it is buffet style, however on one morning I unfortunately had the mishap of seeing a lady put her finger into a sauce and then to her mouth, needless to say I was turned off my food. We ate dinner in this hotel on one occasion, I would not recommend this as you do not get any form of discount for staying in the hotel. The buffet dinner cost us 75 euro in this hotel. The variety was not great and the food tasted poor. There is many fabulous restaurants to dine in this area for cheaper and the food quality is way better. This was the worst dinner we had all week. On the plus side the pool area is good. The location is what you are paying for. It is in the centre of everything with a fabulous beach just at walking distance. There is entertainment provided for kids and adults on a daily basis and the reception area is very clean and relaxing. It would be perfect if it was at a cheaper price.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan442
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry to know that some aspects of our facilities have been disappointing.

We are aware of the need of a room refurbishment that we expect to carry out soon.

Regarding the buffet service, the price per person is 26 euros, paying the drinks apart.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for any inconvenience.

Esteban Sedano

Write a ReviewReviews (3,137)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a very big hotel and is 25 years old. It is beginning to look quite "tired" and in need of refurbishment and our room was quite shabby. We had a pool view which was nice. The staff are excellent - very friendly and professional. There was entertainment every evening but the salon used for this was very dark and dismal so we never went there. The bar is also very dreary. However the staff laid on an excellent musical show one evening which was West End standard, and free. Breakfast was very good, but I found the huge numbers of people in the dining room made for too much noise and bustle for the morning so I often bought breakfast outside. The location is town centre and so you are always only a few steps from excellent restaurants almost all of which provide free entertainment of a very high standard.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a pool view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry to know that you have found the room you occupied far from your expectations.

However I appreciate your comments about our staff and service and I would like to inform you that as a resort guest, you can also upgrade ( by the payment of a little supplement) to our sister hotel buffet, where you can enjoy a quieter atmosphere at breakfast.

We would be pleased to welcome you again at any of our hotels.

Do not hesitate to visit our wep page for any information regarding future bookings.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have never been so disappointed with a hotel. At best it should be rated a poor 3 star Got back last night after a 10 days stay. So this is very current. Room and particularly bathroom were very dated and none too clean. Bath surface was dangerously worn (on complaint they provided a bath mat) Hair dryer was dangerous. Dirt was piled up round skirtings. I could go on but I wont. All public areas look tired and in need of a good clean. Terrace area furniture and lots of the parasols by pool are badly damaged. The food was eatable but I coudnt say it was good. Seem s to be mass prepared quite some time before it is served. Restaurant has no atmosphere and is more like a works canteen.On the plus side the staff were great and the pool area and location are brilliant. A real shame because with some TLC it could be wonderful.I am NOT a nitpicker and this is the first time in 35 years of holidays that I have ever had cause for complaint. I had already booked to go back there in September but will e cancelling my booking...

Room Tip: The majority of the mountain view rooms do not get any sun on the balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

I´m very sorry to read that your experience with us has been so negative.

I will check the cleaning procedures with my team to ensure that they have been followed up properly by our staff.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel in a great location, welcomed with a complimentary drink, checked in efficiently staff member very polite & professional. Went to our room disappointed as this is meant to be a 4/5* hotel the room was more 2*. No fridge, no room with a view (you pay extra for a pool view) no tea/coffee making facilities but you get a safe which is good. Hotel itself very impressive very long chandeliers in the foyer (could do with a clean though) plenty of seating & very grand looking. The pool area was beautiful plenty of beds, bar, keep fit classes, kids club etc. There is a gate to the beach which was also well worth a visit a nice breeze. We where B&B the restaurant had a tremendous selection of foods to choose from and it became a bit monotonous going to the same place every morning. Staff where very nice always addressing you with a smile & a hello. Every thing was kept clean within the reception area restaurant pool area etc. Disappointed by the cleaning of the room the beds & towels where changed regularly but the staff would not clean the cups/classes I had requested as I had managed to acquire a kettle. A lady positioned opposite the reception assisted with sorting a fridge cups & a kettle due to medical reasons which was very appreciated. Would stay again but pay less than what we had this time 7/10

Room Tip: Book a pool view prior to arriving, we had to check out by 12 & where allowed to store our lugga...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank karshahall

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We will be plased to welcome you again in the future. I recommend you to visit our web page where you can also find special promotions and information about availability for future bookings.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

with a push i d give this hotel a four star .i stayed here from the 2nd to the 9th of feb 2014 .
initially i booked a box standard room pool view hb .
nice touch on arrival getting some cava , smooth check in , very pleasant staff.the rooms area bit on the small side ,a bit dated but very well looked after , safe is free .out of personal choice as i need space i decided on my 3rd day to upgrade to a suite pool view .ok you pay extra but i highly recommend this option.for example if your partner snores put him /her in a bed in your lounge -.sliding doors so you ve a good nights kip guaranteed.the hotel at night time is quite noisy .. no probs to me but my partner is a light sleeper.the entertainment does not finish til 12h so i m not too sure how guests with young children cope.
breakfast is a nightmare unless you go deadearly .u literally have to wait for a cuppa for 10 minutes plus waiting in long queue... as there are machines provided .[which sometimes run out of water]good choice of food [not always hot ]and i think tin fruits are a poor show nowadays.
dinner always has been good , steaks are outstanding , freshly cooked , good variety .
we really enjoyed our dining with this hotel.
i m sure there could be improvements made on ordering drinks in the evening ...we had a lot of free wine .. [i know i shouldn t say this]but it s a such a good hotel and i hope the management get this right , too ..
i b back.....soon

Room Tip: 5003 u love it
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patrick s
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed most of our services and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future.

I would also like to thank you very especially for your comment about the charge of drinks at the night bar. I have already passed your review to our Maître and we will take immediate measures to correct this.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything else you might need. We´ll be glad to assist you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have just had 11 nights here and this is the second time of staying here in 4 months, we have stayed all over the world in a lot of very nice hotels, posh hotels don't always make for a good holiday.
The service here was second to none, the breakfast suited both my husband ( full English man) and myself more a fruit and yougat person the only thing is please sort out the tea and coffee machines and the tea ern needs to be kept hotter, only a tiny thing everything else is great.
Loved the freedom to explore the area and the weather was amazing.
Thank you for your hospitality we will be back again for some more rest and relaxation .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your nice comments.

I´m glad that you have found our services up to your expectations and I would also like to thank you for your suggestions on how to improve the breakfast service. For your information we have just ordered two extra coffee machines that hopefully will help with the queues.

We will be pleased to welcome you again in the future. do not hesitate to contact us through our web page for any special request. We´ll be happy to help you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Like some other reviewers, my wife and I consider a few negative features of this hotel are unfairly highlighted. Most features, such as the public areas and swimming pool are 5*, as are the standards of service and cleanliness. The wide range and qualityof food available for breakfast(including sparkling wine every day) is at least as good as on first class cruises.
The provision of free WiFi throughout the hotel is not provided in many 5* hotels elsewhere.
The only negative feature in our view are the bedrooms: they are very comfortable, but look "tired" and in need of refurbishment, including the installation of some new furniture and flat screen TV's.
The hotel is excellently situated for visitors on B & B with so many very good restaurants close at hand.
We enjoyed our holiday at this hotel and would warmly recommend iit.

Room Tip: The rooms with a pool view are worth the small extra cost
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VivianLCheshireUK
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I´m glad to know that in spite of some negative comments you have found our service and most facilities up to a five stars hotel. We know that a room refurbishment would bring back this hotel to the top and hopefully this will soon be done.

We will be happy to welcome you again soon. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information you might need regarding your next booking.