Just returned from five nights stay here. I have to say that we were expecting more from the accommodation. The twin room (they obviously ignored my request for a double) was small and the decor was tired. I had also requested a smoking room which was also ignored and we were put on a non smoking floor. That aside I suppose I could have kicked up a fuss but as it was only for five nights we lived with it. The bathroom was huge and had a bath and separate shower although the shower was open plan with just a curtain around it - a bit basic looking. Plenty of hanging space, free safe but the mini bar fridge is locked and there was a daily charge for the key which is outrageous in this day and age. They dissuade you from using kettles and irons, which is evident from the lack of plugs only one being under the dressing table which means you have to plug your hair dryer down on your hands and knees and stay there because the lead is then not long enough to stand up and dry you hair. I for one do not wish to plug my electrical items in the bathroom it is not safe. We were bed and breakfast and the selection was good and fresh. Be warned if you walk in the restaurant with a handbag bigger than a purse you will be asked to leave and come back without it. I for one tried but the restaurant manager would not let me in with it. It was like being accused of bringing my bag in to steal food. Didn't experience any of the entertainment other than the pool aerobics which was hilarious to watch but better when it was finished as it was a bit loud. Good location and staff very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expo Hoteles, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife