Went June 9th to 20th weather was excellent only two cloudy mornings . Always stay Bed and breakfast .I like plenty of fruit and there was always a good variety ,there is a lot of other good quality food with plenty of choices . I have travelled a lot on business all over Europe and at good hotels and the Breakfast is as good as the very best I have stayed .I like staying at this hotel and have stayed at least 15 times over a ten year spell .The swimming pool is top class with a good system of not allowing anyone before 9 am reserving a sunbed .At 9 am the towels can be changed and that is when you can get a bed .If you come down ten minutes early you can sit at the spot you won't to have your bed but you cannot leave any towels down without you being there till 9 .There is always plenty of beds so you can come down when you like . The hotel is in an excellent location when you walk through front door you have a variety of top class shops , restaurants, and a strip of bars with live music .Every year I go the area improves .I recommend Bianco's Italian restaurant and the Thai two doors away .The four restaurants all next to each other are of the highest quality .They are owned by the same company and if you are eating out they are a must I visited both of them three times each .If you won't to eat Chinese then you can not go wrong with eating at the Chinese between the soul bar and the Highlander pub .People say that the rooms at the Mediterranean place are a bit tired , well they have not changed much in ten years and they could be improved a bit but , they have a safe a fridge and tv that has BBC 1 and 2 and ITV 1 and 2 also English films and channel 4 .The beds are a bit hard for me but the maid brought me a padded sheet to put under the sheets and this made it fine for me .Overall I think they are fine with decent air con and very good maids who keep room very clean and change towels as required .The staff at the hotel reception are very helpful and will do whatever is required to improve anything you are not happy with .There is plenty going on around the pool all day water aerobics , darts , archery , five a side football , table tennis .They have an ok gym which I like to use each day and the staff are very friendly .If you won't to stay at a very well run hotel which is in prime position in an excellent location with plenty to do at night then this is a hotel for you .The only negative this year was the number of Russians who seem to be at the hotel . Hopefully they will start to get educated in manners eg thank you and politeness but this is only a minor moan .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife