I agree that some of the reviews of this hotel are overly harsh as it has many excellent points to commend it.
The location is perfect. Walk out the back gate and you are straight onto a beach and the promenade which in 10 minutes oneway takes you into the centre of Los Christianos or hours the other way to...........we never did find out as it goes on forever! It is also ideally placed for a couple of very nice commercial centres with a good range of quality shops.
The staff are unfailingly polite and helpful and work very hard to ensure your stay is not a disappointment. In particular the waiters/waitresses in the dining room deserve a special mention: in the evening theywork SO hard to successfully keep everything moving along smoothly. They could really do with a few extra hands to reduce the frantic pace at which they work.
Buffet dining is very good with everything (and a whole lot more!) you could want. There is a chef to prepare freshly cooked items at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were on the half board option and especially appreciated the option of taking lunch or dinner, as we like to eat out in local restaurants in the evening.
The pool and surrounding area is very spacious so that although there were a lot of guests we never felt 'squashed'. There were enough activites during the day for those who wanted to participate and for those who didn't they didn't impinge on the serious business of relaxing in the sun. ( Loud music for about 1 hour at midday for the aqua aerobics and not all day long as a reviewer has posted)
And now to the rooms -- They are adequate size, clean and comfortable and have everything you would want----- but yes, The hotel is celebrating its 25th anniversary and room refurbishments are needed to warrant the 5* rating. I think this is why some people have been so critical as the rooms do not fulfill expectations.
Having said that I would happily return to this hotel for all the many positives I have mentioned,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife