This hotel may have been 5* 20-30yrs ago but it definitely is not now. I don't think the rooms have changed since it was built and they need upgraded. The bed was hard and it was very difficult to get comfy. Our room had a plug socket without a front on it that showed bare wires and the glass on the side table was chipped. The room was clean and big enough and the towels were good quality.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic at the weekend as the hotel was busy but quieter during the week. The food was fine and breakfast ran from 6.30-10.30am which was good as you could have a lie in if you wanted.
The hotel is in a good location and there is a gate to the beach which is handy. There are restaurants and bars across the road and a good car hire place that you could park your hire car in the car park underneath the shopping centre directly across from the hotel. Thai Botanico is worth a visit as are the other restaurants owed by the same chain.
The hotel charge for just about everything. If you want to use the gym you have to pay €6 per day. I would have thought this should be included in the hotel price. You also have to pay for the fridge in the room @ €2.75 per day which I thought a bit ridiculous. If you want to have breakfast in the Cleopatra you also have to pay extra. I decided after seeing all the charges I would not spend any money in the hotel at all so maybe these charges work in opposite in the long run.
Checkout is 12.00 which gives plenty of time to get packed. The hotel also gave us a courtesy room for 30mins later on which was good to get a shower ect.
Unless the rooms were upgraded I would not stay at this hotel again. However it is in a good location and the staff were very polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expo Hoteles, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife