This must be our 8th visit to this hotel and we would not consider staying anywhere else in Tenerife. We love this hotel for its staff, food, location, cleanliness and always being able to find a vacant sunbed no matter what time of day.
The bedrooms are now just a bit dated but provide all you need - superking size bed although a little hard, television with BBC1, ITV and a few other English channels, safe, fridge and air conditioning. Bathroom towels can be changed every day and bed linen is changed every 3 days. Toiletries are provided but the hairdryer in the bathroom is not very efficient so perhaps take your own.
You pay a deposit of 15 euros cash per pool towel at reception which is refunded at the end of your holiday. During your stay you can exchange your towel as many times as your like with the towel station at both pool locations - Mediterranean and Cleopatra.
We always stay on a half board basis as we find the food and choices excellent both at breakfast and dinner.Cava is provided every morning if you fancy it - not for me though. At dinner there are two choices of both meat and fish every night on the grill counter together with a choice of either meat or fish on the carvery. In addition to this there are other choices of meat and fish both on the cold counter and hot counter so something for everyone - vegetarian as well. My favourite is their rice pudding which I always look forward to even though it's served cold.
There is a snack bar at both the Mediterranean pool and Cleopatra pool (guests at the Mediterranean can also use this pool). A new feature this time is a small 'convenience store' where the old ground floor shop used to be. Here you can buy your papers, toiletries but also snack items - we found the ham/cheese small baguette for 2 euros very good value but toiletries expensive and better to visit the local santiago supermarket down the road on opposite side for better value and more selection.TIP - buy your suncreams in the UK as very expensive in Tenerife.
The nearest currency exchange we found to be at the side of the hotel Vulcano which is about 4minutes walk away.
There is a taxi rank outside the hotel which charges about 25 euros to the airport one way and takes approx. 15-20 mins.
If you fancy an afternoon tea and cake I can recommend La Barca - out of the hotel turn right pass the Compostela Beach Complex to the Vista Sur shopping centre where La Barca is. When we were there they had a choice of about 20 magnificent gateaux - spoilt for choice and about 3 euros a slice.
Gelatomania - the best ice cream parlour ever is near the hotel Gran Tinerfe on Geranium seaside walk where I counted 96 flavours the day we were there - well worth visiting.
There is entertainment every night in the Salon Imperial with the resident band and some guest acts but it was not to our taste so most nights we visited the local bars.
The nearest local bus stop is across the road and a little further up to the front of the hotel Vulcano.(Bus stop is called Guardia Civil)
Looking forward now at some future date of staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife