We have just returned from a week at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel. To say we were disappointed is an understatement! The first room we were given was a 'standard mountain view'. Where to start... It was tiny, dated, dirty, in disrepair and smelt disgusting. Please see pics.
After complaining, we were offered an upgrade to a suite with pool view at the cost of an extra 250€. The complaint was handled very well by Theresa and Khalil (a credit to the hotel). The second room was nice (not great) and much cleaner although still dated.
There is a policy that sunbeds were not to be reserved with towels but this was not enforced. Many had towels on all day with nobody using them. It was difficult at times to find two empty ones together.
If we were going to spend the extra money on a hotel, we would have picked a proper 4 or 5*. I don't know who awards the stars but this could never be classed as more than 2* in the UK.
On the positive side, the hotel is in a fabulous location and we had amazing weather!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife